-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Mayor_Chano
Full Member
Man I hope so lolMaybe this is the week that end of January / Feb 1st interviews hear back?
Mayor_Chano
Full Member
HPA. Interviewed 1/20. I'm so done lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not an R at least. Still means theres a chance! Keep your head upHPA. Interviewed 1/20. I'm so done lol
Congratulations on HPA.HPA. Interviewed 1/20. I'm so done lol
Most med schools at this time have filled up. Thus, even if you are the best applicant, you would receive a high priority alternate (or some other variant).
vrz
New Member
i interviewed in January and was placed on the HPA today. I was wondering if anyone knows how FAFSA works regarding transferring funds. By the time I get a decision I will already have paid my tuition with federal aid to a DO school. If I was to get accepted to Upstate I would go there, but I’m not sure how loan money works in this case. The DO school says they offer full refunds before classes start.
D
deleted1060074
Anyone that interviewed 1/27 got any decisions today?
I interviewed 1/27 and still nothingAnyone that interviewed 1/27 got any decisions today?
userali8282
New Member
Anyone know how long it takes to get a decision once the portal says "Your application is under committee review, and you will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." ?
Mine has been like that since I interviewed on 2/1.Anyone know how long it takes to get a decision once the portal says "Your application is under committee review, and you will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." ?
As @Vanilla96 mentioned, MedSET is a program whereby you essentially get a "first pass" for a significant portion of the MS1 classes. You get to experience the anatomy lab. While the program is certainly beneficial for learning content, I think the largest benefit, for me anyway, was navigating how to study in medical school. Since it is a truly "pass/fail" course, it was good to experiment with different study techniques. I also enjoyed being in the area early for research, for those interested.Does anyone know about the MedSET program/if it would be a good option?
It may be difficult to get into MedSET since the limited space is reserved for those students accepted in qualifying programs (i.e. CSTEP) or non-traditional students.
futphys123
Full Member
I interviewed 1/27 and haven't heard anythingAnybody hear back from 1/27 or 2/1 interviews recently?
ecuacor
Full Member
Interviewed 2/10, haven’t heard back.Anybody hear back from 1/27 or 2/1 interviews recently?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1060074
Same. I really hope they make some more decisions soon.I interviewed 1/27 and haven't heard anything
BeepboopCosmic2019
Full Member
I think it is probably a bit too early since people in February are still waiting to hear back
Yeah, I think it’s been a few weeks since the last A on hereCan't believe no one has heard back this week..
userali8282
New Member
Interviewed 1/27.. portal says decision made. anyone know how long till I know the decision?
Usually in a day or two.Interviewed 1/27.. portal says decision made. anyone know how long till I know the decision?
I interviewed first week of Feb and still nothing.
D
deleted1060074
Interviewed 1/27, and it still just says "ready for committee"🙁
D
deleted1060074
For the people that got waitlisted, did your portal change to "decision made" before finding out that you got waitlisted? Or did you just get an email later letting know of that?
Mayor_Chano
Full Member
I was notified by email. Portal didn’t change beforehandFor the people that got waitlisted, did your portal change to "decision made" before finding out that you got waitlisted? Or did you just get an email later letting know of that?
userali8282
New Member
anyone who interviewed 1/27 get a decision yet?
girllllimanxious
Full Member
Yup, apparently HPW has a lot of movement but no one has been of the “regular” waitlist since like 2009 or something like that. Can’t quite remember the year that was said but it was a while ago!So there is a waitlist and a high-priority waitlist right? Nobody ever comes off regular waitlist?
My portal said decision made for a day. I got the HPA email the day after my portal status changed, but that was the first week of March. My portal has yet to update to the HPA decision.For the people that got waitlisted, did your portal change to "decision made" before finding out that you got waitlisted? Or did you just get an email later letting know of that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1060074
Application status just changed to "decision made." Interviewed on 1/27.
Congratulations! Did it say "Decision Made" before or did it go straight to acceptance?Portal just changed to acceptance! Interviewed 2/1.
D
deleted1060074
Same! so excited. Are any of you guys able to open the acceptance letter? It is giving me an error message.My portal just changed to acceptance as well! Interviewed 1/27.
Thank you! The page that loads right after login indicated the acceptance and provided a link to pay a deposit. I'm happy to answer any other questions!Congratulations! Did it say "Decision Made" before or did it go straight to acceptance?
Congratulations, all! I wasn't able to open the acceptance letter either, but there was a link to pay a deposit.Same! so excited. Are any of you guys able to open the acceptance letter? It is giving me an error message.
D
deleted1060074
Seems like Chrome does not work to open the letter. I used Safari, and I was able to open it.Congratulations, all! I wasn't able to open the acceptance letter either, but there was a link to pay a deposit.
ecuacor
Full Member
Which date did you interview? I interviewed on 2/10 and it still says "Your application is under committee review, and you will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."Portal shows decision made, interviewed 2nd week of Feb!
2/8Which date did you interview? I interviewed on 2/10 and it still says "Your application is under committee review, and you will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."
ecuacor
Full Member
Ah okay! Hope its good news for you. I hope my portal changes soon. I've gotten ignored by two other NY schools since January.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same for you! May is coming up so even if we get WL'd, there's always hope for movement soon.Ah okay! Hope its good news for you. I hope my portal changes soon. I've gotten ignored by two other NY schools since January.
Update: Portal changed to an A! 🙂
Last edited:
BruinBoy24
New Member
A: interviewed 2/15
CoolRanchDoritos
Full Member
A this morning! Interviewed 2/8.
girllllimanxious
Full Member
Interviewed 2/8, portal changed to decision made yesterday and still hasn't changed 🙁