2019-2020 TCU & UNTHSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Email notifications were sent on Friday, January 3. If you did not receive a notification, please contact the Office of Admissions & Enrollment Services by phone or email.
Email Sent - Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

We follow the immunization guidelines of the AAMC. Their standardized immunization form is attached for your reference. If you are offered admission, information about additional requirements will be made available to you during the pre-matriculation process.

Thank you! I'll wait for that for that complete list of requirements once it's made available prior to pre-matriculation process.

Email notifications were sent on Friday, January 3. If you did not receive a notification, please contact the Office of Admissions & Enrollment Services by phone or email.
R u still sending out II or all done. Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those that interviewed, are you allowed to disclose how long each MMI station was?

Has anybody submitted after early/mid September receive an II? It seems like it's been a long time since IIs have been announced and none of them from people who were complete after mid-September.

Has anybody submitted after early/mid September receive an II? It seems like it's been a long time since IIs have been announced and none of them from people who were complete after mid-September.
I submitted my Secondary early September then received an II early October. Accepted early November! :):)

Reactions: 1 users
The latest complete date I've seen with an II is 9/4. I was complete 9/5 and haven't had any communication from the school since then unfortunately.
I was complete 9/13. I interviewed in November and was accepted shortly after.

Reactions: 2 users
II today! OOS. Complete 9/23. Question for those who have interviewed - where did you stay? Is there student housing? Transportation from the airport?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
II today! OOS. Complete 9/23. Question for those who have interviewed - where did you stay? Is there student housing? Transportation from the airport?
Congrats on the II! I stayed at a hotel downtown near In-N-Out burger (sorry I forgot the name of the hotel). As far as I know, there is no student housing available for interviewees (I didn't get this option). As far as transportation to and from the airport, I used Uber.

Congrats, I am so jealous!!! Did you get the invite by phone or email?

Members don't see this ad :)
@OrexinRules, Why the dislike? Do you not want better accommodation/transportation for new students next year?
That is not the school's responsibility. Accommodation and transportation are part of traveling whether you're going to an interview or going on vacation.

That is not the school's responsibility. Accommodation and transportation are part of traveling whether you're going to an interview or going on vacation.

Oh definitely not. To quote my already deleted comment: "I've also been interviewed by just as new schools where I was provided with the school's discounted hotel price (I'm guessing the school has a deal with the hotel) across where the interview was held. Then there was a shuttle provided by the school that goes to the airport after the interviews that took all interviewees straight to the airport. I was really impressed."

I think doing something similar for incoming students can help reach out to those students who are on a budget or not privileged enough to be supported by parents. Furthermore, it does leave a good impression on students, especially if they're considering the school.

Oh definitely not. To quote my already deleted comment: "I've also been interviewed by just as new schools where I was provided with the school's discounted hotel price (I'm guessing the school has a deal with the hotel) across where the interview was held. Then there was a shuttle provided by the school that goes to the airport after the interviews that took all interviewees straight to the airport. I was really impressed."

I think doing something similar for incoming students can help reach out to those students who are on a budget or not privileged enough to be supported by parents. Furthermore, it does leave a good impression on students, especially if they're considering the school.
You think a shuttle or hotel discount is going to make someone choose TCU over another medical school? It's a drop in the bucket compared to the $60k tuition it would cost to go here.

Were you accepted to TCU? I saw you were given an II a long time ago.

You think a shuttle or hotel discount is going to make someone choose TCU over another medical school? It's a drop in the bucket compared to the $60k tuition it would cost to go here.

How students/applicants are being treated is going to make someone choose a school when all things are equal. If two schools have same education and cost, but one has treated you better. You'll likely go to that school. It's more "compassionate."

Last edited by a moderator:
How students/applicants are being treated is going to make someone choose a school when all things are equal. If two schools have same education and cost, but one has treated you better. You'll likely go to that school. It's more "compassionate."
I don't agree with you. If two schools were close to equal, an applicant should identify what are the top 2-3 most important things to them and their career goals and make a decision based off that. You're talking about expenses that are incurred before an interviewee has even made it to the campus.

Were you accepted to TCU? I saw you were given an II a long time ago.

Of course, this only applies to those who really feel the burden. If your mom and pop can provide all the transportation and accommodation you need, you won't feel this difference.
Homies... chillax. I’ll host every student and their mom. And pick them up and drive everyone to the interview in a school bus if tcu will take me off hold...pls

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I don't agree with you. If two schools were close to equal, an applicant should identify what are the top 2-3 most important things to them and their career goals and make a decision based off that. You're talking about expenses that are incurred before an interviewee has even made it to the campus.

You're welcome to disagree. That's why I said "all things are equal" (this includes that both schools can provide their career goals they seek equally). If everything else is equal, you'd have to start looking at other intangible differences like How much help has current/incoming students have received.

If you look at UCSD thread right now, there are some people who got free housing because they're strapped for cash. UCSD of course considered that person a quality candidate and provided accommodation rather than miss out. Now, I'm not saying free housing should be provided, but "discounted" is what I'm even advocating for. Schools usually work in partnership with nearby hotels.

Lol I was trying to make a point. I want an interview from here so bad. I love it here in DFW and really don't want to have to move across the country to a different medical school lower on my list.

No wonder you don't support improved accommodation for traveling students. You're local! LOL.

No wonder you don't support improved accommodation for traveling students. You're local! LOL.
I've had 4 out of state interviews and none provided accommodation... you're making assumptions bud.

I am going to ask that all participants in this thread show each other civility. No more back and forth about accommodations.
We can't close a school-specific thread when you get out of hand!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Hey, congratulations on the interview!!! To answer your questions, I stayed at a hotel about 10 minutes away from campus so I wouldn't stress about traffic the morning of the interview. No student housing was offered which is understandable.
I used uber/lyft everywhere, which might be beneficial on interview day because you may find other applicants heading to the same airport and split the fare. Use your own discretion with who to trust lolol. I almost used a rental car, but I actually saved more money by ubering/lyfting.
I also recommend flying in a little earlier the day before the explore the campuses because there isn't a tour offered on the interview day.
Feel free to PM me with any questions! :)

Hey, congratulations on the interview!!! To answer your questions, I stayed at a hotel about 10 minutes away from campus so I wouldn't stress about traffic the morning of the interview. No student housing was offered which is understandable.
I used uber/lyft everywhere, which might be beneficial on interview day because you may find other applicants heading to the same airport and split the fare. Use your own discretion with who to trust lolol. I almost used a rental car, but I actually saved more money by ubering/lyfting.
I also recommend flying in a little earlier the day before the explore the campuses because there isn't a tour offered on the interview day.
Feel free to PM me with any questions! :)
Thanks for all the info! If I was planning on leaving the same night, what’s the earliest I should get a flight? Is 6pm pushing it?

Thanks for all the info! If I was planning on leaving the same night, what’s the earliest I should get a flight? Is 6pm pushing it?
Mine left around 7:30 PM from DFW, and I had plenty of time to sit down and eat dinner at the airport. I don't think I would have been comfortable with a flight before 6:30 PM, though. Keep in mind DAL is even further if you end up flying out of there.
Hopefully this helps anyone else who's trying to figure out timing!

I didn't fly out same day, but I would be very comfortable with a 6PM DFW flight right after interview day.

I think the entire MD AVD ended around 3PM for my group. So if your group ends at 3PM, then taxi/Uber ride can take about 30-45 minutes to DFW (which means you'd get there 4:30PM at the latest) and that's wayy more time to get through TSA and reach your 6PM flight.

Also FYI, if you have TSA Pre-check, I remember for my flight the DFW airport closes that line at 7:30PM or so (you might want to check).

This is my 2 cents.

To those who've been accepted, how many days did you wait before completing the optional survey?

How many days did you wait?
7 days... wait. And I have 7 holds. Maybe the number of days you wait=number of holds you receive...

jk I have no idea how many days it was. I did fill it out though.

• Haha
7 days... wait. And I have 7 holds. Maybe the number of days you wait=number of holds you receive...

jk I have no idea how many days it was. I did fill it out though.

Well, I hope my 14 day wait can make it through 14 holds.

• Haha
Are people that submitted early September (9/10 and before) still hearing back? Or do you think those applications have been passed over for the most part?

I didn't fly out same day, but I would be very comfortable with a 6PM DFW flight right after interview day.

I think the entire MD AVD ended around 3PM for my group. So if your group ends at 3PM, then taxi/Uber ride can take about 30-45 minutes to DFW (which means you'd get there 4:30PM at the latest) and that's wayy more time to get through TSA and reach your 6PM flight.

Also FYI, if you have TSA Pre-check, I remember for my flight the DFW airport closes that line at 7:30PM or so (you might want to check).

This is my 2 cents.

Interesting, my interview day ended around 3:30-4PM!

Edit: They have a student Q&A so if you have an early flight, but you're more than welcome to leave earlier. I stayed the whole time because I wanted to hear all the answered.

How many medical students matriculated this past fall at TCU?

Are interview invites still ongoing? Have pre-II rejections been sent yet?

II just now! Only one date available in late feb

Reactions: 3 users
To those that received pre-II rejection, when did you get the email? Haven’t heard anything from here yet.

Same answer. Today could be the day you hear something, II or R. Or in 2 weeks if they're still looking over your app.
Not quite true.... the only decisions that are released on Fridays are for POST interview people. The next decision release date for those who have already interviewed is January 24. I don’t think II and Pre-II R’s come out on Fridays. I got my II on a Monday.

ETA: there are three decision that can come out of your interview at TCU. Accepted, Rejected or Hold. A hold means that at every committee meeting, they are still deciding whether or not to accept or reject you. You can be accepted or rejected during any of the scheduled release dates (with January 24 being the next). After all decisions have been released, which I believe is March 13, it is my understanding that they then create a waitlist. There is no such thing as a waitlist for them until that time.

Last edited: