2020-2021 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Emailing mike Woodson is the best way for any question. His contact info is on the website
Will do, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I received an email response from Mike Woodson this morning. He said that the class is currently full. They anticipate waitlist movement throughout the summer, but it will be much slower than previous cycles :(

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I received an email response from Mike Woodson this morning. He said that the class is currently full. They anticipate waitlist movement throughout the summer, but it will be much slower than previous cycles :(
Dang...I'm wondering if I should just start another AMCAS application? I just don't know how long we can wait at this point....

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang...I'm wondering if I should just start another AMCAS application? I just don't know how long we can wait at this point....
Its always best to hope for the best and plan for the worst. With the submission date coming tomorrow for the AMCAS primary app, its definitely prudent to get started ASAP so that you don't put yourself at a disadvantage for this next application cycle by holding on to hope for too long and delaying your submission if things don't work out in your favor this cycle

Its always best to hope for the best and plan for the worst. With the submission date coming tomorrow for the AMCAS primary app, its definitely prudent to get started ASAP so that you don't put yourself at a disadvantage for this next application cycle by holding on to hope for too long and delaying your submission if things don't work out in your favor this cycle
Yea that's good advice. Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Sorry in advance if this isn't the place to ask this and sorry if you guys get a lot of these>
I'm a Canadian applicant who want to apply to tulane but I'm not sure if my scores are even worth it

My cGPA is 3.71, last two years are a 3.92
My MCAT is a 508 (124 physics, 130 cars, 128 bio, 126 psych)
I have a master's with a few pubs but idk if they care about that

I couldn't find into about international students and if this is good enough to net me an interview.
Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

Sorry in advance if this isn't the place to ask this and sorry if you guys get a lot of these>
I'm a Canadian applicant who want to apply to tulane but I'm not sure if my scores are even worth it

My cGPA is 3.71, last two years are a 3.92
My MCAT is a 508 (124 physics, 130 cars, 128 bio, 126 psych)
I have a master's with a few pubs but idk if they care about that

I couldn't find into about international students and if this is good enough to net me an interview.
Thanks in advance.
I'll apply. Your stats fall into Tulane's range. MSAR is great for comparing your stats with a school's average. Tulane accepts international students

@medcadhopeful1111 , I am a Canadian who applied last year and got in. Relatively similar stats to you. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

HI everyone thanks again for the help.

Just wondering if its all ready too late to apply?

My application is almost done and I'm just editing and was wondering if I'm too late?

Thanks!

HI everyone thanks again for the help.

Just wondering if its all ready too late to apply?

My application is almost done and I'm just editing and was wondering if I'm too late?

Thanks!
I’m assuming you are talking about applying for this upcoming cycle but it’s not at all too late to apply. Actually if you submit your primary to amcas within the next week, you’ll be considered very early which is great

Has anyone been pulled of the WL recently? Asides from what was last reported?

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone been pulled of the WL recently? Asides from what was last reported?

Well, based on GroupMe (which seems to be where most of the active student body is), no one has been pulled off the WL. I'm not an avid Facebook user, so didn't check the school's Facebook page. But suffice to say no-WL movement.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!

So sorry to distract everyone who's talking about A/WL for the PAST cycle! But I'm applying THIS cycle and wanted to ED to Tulane (for admissions in 2022). My school messed up with transcripts so I'm HOPING to submit primary today/tomorrow, ANTICIPATING transcripts to be received this upcoming week, committee letter/May MCAT scores/CASPER score to come by first week of July. Is this early enough for Tulane ED? Asking because I know Tulane is incredibly picky about early applications and I always thought early was like the first day of submissions opening, but here I am applying ~10 days late :/

Also, do you think it's wise applying ED to Tulane? I'm OOS, went to 2 universities (after having transferred) and total cGPA is 3.45 for first school, 3.55 for second school (so ~3.49 total) - major is engineering - and doing a master's right now (not SMP but like it). 1st MCAT is 507, waiting on 2nd MCAT but anticipating 510+. Good recs/service/lot of clinical and experience. Is it worth ED'ing (considering stats and time of submitting) or should I not ED and just apply regular to all my 15 schools (instead of EDing to Tulane, risking not getting in, and having to apply "later" RD to other schools or maybe even waiting for the next cycle)? Btw, my plan was to ED to Tulane now and RD to AACOMAS (submitting both applications right now). Thanks!

Hi everyone!

So sorry to distract everyone who's talking about A/WL for the PAST cycle! But I'm applying THIS cycle and wanted to ED to Tulane (for admissions in 2022). My school messed up with transcripts so I'm HOPING to submit primary today/tomorrow, ANTICIPATING transcripts to be received this upcoming week, committee letter/May MCAT scores/CASPER score to come by first week of July. Is this early enough for Tulane ED? Asking because I know Tulane is incredibly picky about early applications and I always thought early was like the first day of submissions opening, but here I am applying ~10 days late :/

Also, do you think it's wise applying ED to Tulane? I'm OOS, went to 2 universities (after having transferred) and total cGPA is 3.45 for first school, 3.55 for second school (so ~3.49 total) - major is engineering - and doing a master's right now (not SMP but like it). 1st MCAT is 507, waiting on 2nd MCAT but anticipating 510+. Good recs/service/lot of clinical and experience. Is it worth ED'ing (considering stats and time of submitting) or should I not ED and just apply regular to all my 15 schools (instead of EDing to Tulane, risking not getting in, and having to apply "later" RD to other schools or maybe even waiting for the next cycle)? Btw, my plan was to ED to Tulane now and RD to AACOMAS (submitting both applications right now). Thanks!
I do not believe ED is rolling, meaning as long as you submit by the deadline, you're considered equally. I could be wrong though, someone feel free to correct. You should only ED to Tulane if you're wanting to go to Tulane.

Hi everyone!

Hi!! Do you have any ties to Tulane/Louisiana? Have you established a relationship with Tulane/contacted admissions yet?

Hi!! Do you have any ties to Tulane/Louisiana? Have you established a relationship with Tulane/contacted admissions yet?
I don't have ties and I didn't reach out to admissions or contact them about anything. Can you explain how this will help? Also is it too late to reach out to them? If not then what do you think I can ask them to help myself out? TIA for any advice you may have!

I don't have ties and I didn't reach out to admissions or contact them about anything. Can you explain how this will help? Also is it too late to reach out to them? If not then what do you think I can ask them to help myself out? TIA for any advice you may have!
Tulane is really big on “Why Tulane”. I had a discussion with Mike Woodson (director of admissions) about two months ago about their ED process and he said that they had about 3 times the amount of students apply ED during last cycle than years prior. He mentioned that while they take into consideration “Why Tulane” regularly, this will be very important in their review process for ED this cycle. They want people that truly want to be at Tulane. So with that being said, like the person above me mentioned, if you want to go to Tulane, totally apply ED!! My advise to you if you decide to do that is make sure you can back up your “Why Tulane” reason :) I’ve had numerous conversations with Mike Woodson so if you have any questions shoot me a message :)

Sooo, can people on acceptance range list get rejected before school starts? Or do AR people just get an email once school has started that they are rejected?

Sooo, can people on acceptance range list get rejected before school starts? Or do AR people just get an email once school has started that they are rejected?
I got an email today saying that they’ve had very little waitlist movement and don’t expect any more this cycle, but that we will remain eligible for acceptance unless we withdraw. See y’all in next cycle’s thread I guess :(

• Sad
I tried to log on to the Tulane app to submit an update and this year's application is gone. It looks like it has reset for this year's cycle. Anyone else seeing this?

Damn, getting super nervous now because I submitted my primary already two weeks ago but it's on hold because my school only provides paper transcripts. Looking at a much later verification date now :(
same with mine- and the paper transcript only had two classes that I took in high school. very mad that IU only does paper transcripts

Quick update for those still on the waiting list: TUSOM sent an email today (I guess to the accepted students?) detailing the stats and overview of the Class of 2025. So, I think TUSOM has finalized its class list and won't be accepting any more students off the waiting list. Again, this is not official. This is just based on my reasoning that if they were still accepting students off the waitlist, they won't release these finalized stats. Therefore, barring unexpected circumstances (e.g. an accepted student at TUSOM gives up his/her/their spot), I won't anticipate more waitlist movement.

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, so please don't give me backlash. Just posting here, as the waiting list period can be confusing and long for those still on there. Good luck to those on TUSOM and other waiting lists. If you are applying to TUSOM for the 2021-22 cycle, good luck as well and I'll check on the 2021-22 thread periodically to answer questions and provide updates. Regardless, I hope to call you my future colleagues :)

Reactions: 1 users
If you don't get an interview for the early deadline, does that mean chances are essentially nill?
Thanks in advance for any insight