2020-2021 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waiting and waiting

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Do we think 2/4 might hear back today... or at this point is it just arbitrary lol🥴

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many ?
Not everyone who's been accepted is in it since it wasn't sent out through admissions. But its at 100. But only people who know people/on SDN are in it. I wouldn't take that number to mean anything though honestly, I don't think anyone knows how many acceptances are left to go out but the adcom.

Not everyone who's been accepted is in it since it wasn't sent out through admissions. But its at 100. But only people who know people/on SDN are in it. I wouldn't take that number to mean anything though honestly, I don't think anyone knows how many acceptances are left to go out but the adcom.
And I’m assuming there’s current students in the group so it’d be lowered

There are currently 98 members; perhaps 2 are non-MS1. So let's say 96. In addition, as mentioned previously, SDN is not an accurate representation of the entire group of applicants, accepted and waitlisted students. So, it's not useful to use it as an estimate of how many acceptances are left.

Assuming you have no acceptances yet, it's not useful to wait. Rather,
1. Reflect on what led to sub-optimal results
2. Determine if you will be re-applying immediately (i.e. for 2021-22 cycle) or you will take an additional year to strengthen your app
3. Based on your answer to statement 2, start preparing your app or start seeking those opportunities to strengthen your app

I’m not too worried about that number
I mean the class may not be full, but I don't think the number means anything either. So wouldn't judge it based on that. Best of Luck either way, I know a lot of school are starting to fill up tho, have been unfortunately plagued w that at my top school :(

I saw a spike in the fb group from 100 to 140, so Imagine there may have been a wave of decisions that went out. I know that’s not necessarily meaningful information but would like to receive a decision at some point :/

I saw a spike in the fb group from 100 to 140, so Imagine there may have been a wave of decisions that went out. I know that’s not necessarily meaningful information but would like to receive a decision at some point :/
There was a spike because they sent out an email to admitted students telling them to join the facebook group lol. I got it a few hours ago

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 2/4, got placed in the acceptance range :/ I am fortunate to have some acceptances and this likely seals my decision as to where I'll enroll. Good luck to everyone here!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 2/4, got placed in the acceptance range :/ I am fortunate to have some acceptances and this likely seals my decision as to where I'll enroll. Good luck to everyone here!
Sorry to hear about AR, I'm waitlisted at a few schools and it's not a fun time. I also interviewed 2/4, just wondering when exactly you received your AR email? Thanks!

So if i interviewed 2/26 and i haven't heard anything back yet do I just take this as an R?

I interviewed 2/25 - I followed up with the admissions office this week and they said they are hoping to have decisions out to everyone the next two weeks!

Keeping my fingers crossed I hear back this week :)

Edit: Has anyone who interviewed 2/25 or later heard back?

Last edited:
I interviewed 2/25 - I followed up with the admissions office this week and they said they are hoping to have decisions out to everyone the next two weeks!

I interviewed 3/4 and just received an acceptance range email

soooo for all of us waiting for answers post-interview looks like it will be next week :cryi:

I interviewed 2/25 and got AR notification on 3/26. (1 month)

• Care
does anyone have insight on how accurate the MSAR WL approximation is that ~40 people get off the waitlist of 300 people?

it is Very Mean of them to include the word "acceptance" in the subject line of an email that does not, in fact, include an acceptance hahaha
Haha I felt the same way, another school sent me something along the lines of "After a thorough review of your app, the adcom deemed your app very impressive, and we have placed you on the WL. Congratulations on your placement on the WL." I had so many mixed emotions reading through that paragraph hahaha was confident it was an A by the first two sentences

Reactions: 2 users
Acceptance Range Email just now interviewed 3/11

Have they been sending AR only in the last few weeks? Any A's

Just got AR email. Interviewed 3/4. I thought I killed the interview so I'm a little disappointed...

Just got AR email. Interviewed 3/4. I thought I killed the interview so I'm a little disappointed...
Same here. Unfortunately I think it comes down to the fact that we interviewed so late and now will just have to wait for people to give up their spots :/

anyone with 3+ MD acceptance gonna drop there A at tulane on April 15th? Would greatly appreciate taking your spot

Reactions: 4 users
For those on the AR (acceptance range), from browsing previous year's threads, it might be worthwhile to submit a letter of interest (or update letter) to TUSOM if you are interested. While I'm aware that some SDNers say that the letters are useless, fluff, non-binding and no one reads them, I think it is still worthwhile to write them. It provides another opportunity for admission committee members to learn more about you.

Even though there may be some WL movement in the coming weeks, there are many candidates competing for those spots. Thus, a well-written LOI might work to your advantage.

Just my .02. Good luck during these times!

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my A, I hope it goes to someone who Tulane will be a better fit for. Good luck to everyone :)

Reactions: 10 users
So I'm holding an A at another school but I'm still waiting on Tulane's AR list. If I don't select Commit to Enroll on AMCAS by the 30th, will I lose my spot at the other school, and if I do, will I lose my place on Tulane's waitlist? Thanks!

Last edited:
So I'm holding an A at another school but I'm still waiting on Tulane's AR list. If I don't select Plan to Commit on AMCAS by the 30th, will I lose my spot at the other school, and if I do, will I lose my place on Tulane's waitlist? Thanks!
If the school you have an A at requires PTE, you need to PTE there to keep your spot. You won’t get taken off Tulane’s WL until you officially withdraw I believe