You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
unrelated but did anyone else get the email about the master's program here?
Yeahhhh
And had a mini panic attack lmaounrelated but did anyone else get the email about the master's program here?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1109225
Now I’m worried because I didn’t receive that email.unrelated but did anyone else get the email about the master's program here?
Under review today
Complete 10/9
Complete 10/9
aminoacid97
Full Member
Are there even interview spots left? I turned in my secondary app in August and they just now started reviewing it.
there better be. Tf lolAre there even interview spots left? I turned in my secondary app in August and they just now started reviewing it.
Pre-II hold today after going under review in December. I know we are all just guessing but does anyone think a hold this late could convert to an interview?
islandlarry
Full Member
I just got the "under review" email yesterday (2/20, complete 10/1), guess it sounds like I'm in for a bit of a wait...
D
deleted1109225
Accepted just now.
Acceptance range just now
omg congrats when did you interview??Accepted just now.
when was ur interview?Acceptance range just now
Congratz!! Livin my dream rnAccepted just now.
Dec. 3rdwhen was ur interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!!Accepted just now.
Does anybody not get acceptance range post interview. Ie, is everybody either accepted or AR after the interview?
On the email, A, AR or NonA (rejection) are the three categories they put people in, but as far as I'm aware or can remember, no one has confirmed that they've received a nonA from here after their interview.Does anybody not get acceptance range post interview. Ie, is everybody either accepted or AR after the interview?
Thank you 🙂. And no, I did not send any updates. I felt the changes to my application since I submitted my secondary were not significant enough to warrant an update for me personally.Congratulations!!! Did you send any updates?
D
deleted1109225
Is there a facebook group or whatsapp group?
doglover888
Full Member
Has any info on second look been sent yet?
potabletragedy
New Member
I just got an email saying my application is under review, at this point in the cycle should I just assume this is going to be an R?
supbroskiii
Full Member
Did anyone who interview have the standardized patient portion and if so is this part of the admissions decision?
Yes we all didDid anyone who interview have the standardized patient portion and if so is this part of the admissions decision?
islandlarry
Full Member
What’s that like?Did anyone who interview have the standardized patient portion and if so is this part of the admissions decision?
Its similar to the standardized patient videos on youtube. Thats the closest thing i could think of to the actual interviewWhat’s that like?
D
deleted1122447
When'd you go under review?Official rejection yesterday. With 17,000 applicants for 190 seats, I figured it wasn’t gonna happen. Good luck to everyone else!
Sorry for the late reply! It was a LOI... I wrote something like "I am still interested in hearing back... and oh: here's an update [insert job info]."Just curious. Was it a LOI or update?
PaulishedGent
Full Member
Under review today. Countdown to the R!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
By any chance is there a GroupMe or SDN group for accepted students (or does anyone fancy taking the initiative to make one haha)? Would love to get in touch with everyone!! (on a related note have you guys taken any next steps like FAFSA or looking for housing etc. because that is also a prime topic for discussion lmao)
Nice thank you!Sorry for the late reply! It was a LOI... I wrote something like "I am still interested in hearing back... and oh: here's an update [insert job info]."
Silly question at this point in the cycle, but how are you all getting notified your application is 'under review.' Are you receiving a distinct email from adcom that states this? I have a green check in my portal, but have yet to receive any formal communication that it's been reviewed. Thanks!
You get an email when it’s under review.Silly question at this point in the cycle, but how are you all getting notified your application is 'under review.' Are you receiving a distinct email from adcom that states this? I have a green check in my portal, but have yet to receive any formal communication that it's been reviewed. Thanks!
It's also mardi gras so because of that Tulane is probably going to be behind on applications so be patient if you haven't received a decision yet.
It's also mardi gras so because of that Tulane is probably going to be behind on applications so be patient if you haven't received a decision yet.
the idea of adcom leaving work 6 hours early to go party on Bourbon St is kinda funny lol.
Not that I know of -- I was wondering the same thing and found out that last year they made the Facebook group for accepted students on Feb 27th, so maybe they will make one soon for our class.By any chance is there a GroupMe or SDN group for accepted students (or does anyone fancy taking the initiative to make one haha)? Would love to get in touch with everyone!! (on a related note have you guys taken any next steps like FAFSA or looking for housing etc. because that is also a prime topic for discussion lmao)
I haven't filled out the FAFSA yet, but I probably will soon. Regarding housing, I already found a house and signed a lease on it, but I wouldn't worry about it at all if you haven't yet. The housing market in Nola has a super fast turnover rate right now (my brother lives there and told me about it -- things come on the market and get taken like 1 day later) so it honestly might be better to start looking 1-2 months before you wanna move (unless you wanna start paying for rent in advance just to secure housing). A hack that I learned from my brother though is that besides using zillow, people post a lot of their apartments/houses on craigslist, so you might want to check out craigslist when you're looking!
Last edited:
Happy mardi gras everyone! Hopefully, we'll hear some good news soon!
I was planning on the MD/MPH or MD/PhD program so I was waiting to hear requirements on that firstFor those who have been accepted, anyone else planning to do the MD/MBA program?
Got the Acceptance Range Email just now. Interviewed 12/10 IS.
I found a Tulane MD student on linkedIN and he said Tulane would send us a GroupMe page and info about housing options soon...By any chance is there a GroupMe or SDN group for accepted students (or does anyone fancy taking the initiative to make one haha)? Would love to get in touch with everyone!! (on a related note have you guys taken any next steps like FAFSA or looking for housing etc. because that is also a prime topic for discussion lmao)
wilsonsdad
New Member
any 12/14 interviewees hear anything yet? this wait is killing me
veryuncertain
Full Member
also interviewed 12/10 and haven't heard anything. Anyone else?Got the Acceptance Range Email just now. Interviewed 12/10 IS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
maddandadd
Full Member
Haven't interviewed, but I got an email 3 months ago that my app was under review. They must be reading it very carefully.also interviewed 12/10 and haven't heard anything. Anyone else?
impostor_syndrOhm
impostorsyndrOhm
Sorry if it’s been asked before, but is Tulane doing an in-person second look weekend this cycle?
TUSOM has emailed a link to join the accepted students FB page. A T2 on the page shared a link for our official class GroupMe.
doglover888
Full Member
I emailed admissions, and they said that they’ve had to limit or cancel many of the events they were planning to have, including second look :/Sorry if it’s been asked before, but is Tulane doing an in-person second look weekend this cycle?