2021-2022 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
excited doctor who GIF

me, a 12/10 interviewer
Samesies 12/9 interview. Trying so hard to manage my expectations. Expect AR, hope for A. Expect AR, hope for A. Refresh, refresh, refresh.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Samesies 12/9 interview. Trying so hard to manage my expectations. Expect AR, hope for A. Expect AR, hope for A. Refresh, refresh, refresh.
12/03. I think I've been forgotten.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
unrelated but did anyone else get the email about the master's program here?

Reactions: 12 users
Pre-II hold today, complete 8/5, under review 12/13.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Are there even interview spots left? I turned in my secondary app in August and they just now started reviewing it.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II hold today after going under review in December. I know we are all just guessing but does anyone think a hold this late could convert to an interview?

I just got the "under review" email yesterday (2/20, complete 10/1), guess it sounds like I'm in for a bit of a wait...

Does anybody not get acceptance range post interview. Ie, is everybody either accepted or AR after the interview?

Does anybody not get acceptance range post interview. Ie, is everybody either accepted or AR after the interview?
On the email, A, AR or NonA (rejection) are the three categories they put people in, but as far as I'm aware or can remember, no one has confirmed that they've received a nonA from here after their interview.

A earlier today. Just saw the email. 12/03 Interview.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Congratulations!!! Did you send any updates?
Thank you :). And no, I did not send any updates. I felt the changes to my application since I submitted my secondary were not significant enough to warrant an update for me personally.

I just got an email saying my application is under review, at this point in the cycle should I just assume this is going to be an R?

Did anyone who interview have the standardized patient portion and if so is this part of the admissions decision?

I completed my secondary 9/23, went under review 12/3, has anyone else not heard anything since? Are they still sending out IIs?

Interview hold today. Under review about a month ago.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
By any chance is there a GroupMe or SDN group for accepted students (or does anyone fancy taking the initiative to make one haha)? Would love to get in touch with everyone!! (on a related note have you guys taken any next steps like FAFSA or looking for housing etc. because that is also a prime topic for discussion lmao)

Reactions: 1 users
Silly question at this point in the cycle, but how are you all getting notified your application is 'under review.' Are you receiving a distinct email from adcom that states this? I have a green check in my portal, but have yet to receive any formal communication that it's been reviewed. Thanks!

Silly question at this point in the cycle, but how are you all getting notified your application is 'under review.' Are you receiving a distinct email from adcom that states this? I have a green check in my portal, but have yet to receive any formal communication that it's been reviewed. Thanks!
You get an email when it’s under review.

It's also mardi gras so because of that Tulane is probably going to be behind on applications so be patient if you haven't received a decision yet.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
It's also mardi gras so because of that Tulane is probably going to be behind on applications so be patient if you haven't received a decision yet.

the idea of adcom leaving work 6 hours early to go party on Bourbon St is kinda funny lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
By any chance is there a GroupMe or SDN group for accepted students (or does anyone fancy taking the initiative to make one haha)? Would love to get in touch with everyone!! (on a related note have you guys taken any next steps like FAFSA or looking for housing etc. because that is also a prime topic for discussion lmao)
Not that I know of -- I was wondering the same thing and found out that last year they made the Facebook group for accepted students on Feb 27th, so maybe they will make one soon for our class.

I haven't filled out the FAFSA yet, but I probably will soon. Regarding housing, I already found a house and signed a lease on it, but I wouldn't worry about it at all if you haven't yet. The housing market in Nola has a super fast turnover rate right now (my brother lives there and told me about it -- things come on the market and get taken like 1 day later) so it honestly might be better to start looking 1-2 months before you wanna move (unless you wanna start paying for rent in advance just to secure housing). A hack that I learned from my brother though is that besides using zillow, people post a lot of their apartments/houses on craigslist, so you might want to check out craigslist when you're looking!

Last edited:
Happy mardi gras everyone! Hopefully, we'll hear some good news soon!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Got the Acceptance Range Email just now. Interviewed 12/10 IS.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
I found a Tulane MD student on linkedIN and he said Tulane would send us a GroupMe page and info about housing options soon...