2021-2022 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When will early Feb interviewees hear back? This wait is killing me.
Early Jan interviewee here, haven't heard anything yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not that i've heard of, which is strange b/c last year around this time was when it started
Maybe they’re being a lot slower this year since they were backed up with getting post interview decisions out this cycle

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted just now, 12/10 interview. I was also waitlisted here last year and their acceptance pattern is definitely different, there was very little waitlist movement last year (they usually have a lot), but it seems like they are planning for more this year.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted just now, 12/10 interview. I was also waitlisted here last year and their acceptance pattern is definitely different, there was very little waitlist movement last year (they usually have a lot), but it seems like they are planning for more this year.
Man that response was long for you! That’s so crazy! Hopefully there will be movement like, tomorrow haha.

Their stats for last year is updated on MSAR btw.

• Love
72 people accepted early decision holy crap. If this year is similar that leaves only around 100 spots for everyone else after early acceptance and ED people are accounted for

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
72 people accepted early decision holy crap. If this year is similar that leaves only around 100 spots for everyone else after early acceptance and ED people are accounted for
what about people already in direct programs like TAP-TP TPM creative scholars etc.

I have some insight that they deferred about 70% of ED applicants this year to the regular decision pool…I think based off of the way things went last year with their ED applicants that they approached ED differently this year and I would be surprised if there were ~70 ED applicants accepted again

Reactions: 3 users
I have some insight that they deferred about 70% of ED applicants this year to the regular decision pool…I think based off of the way things went last year with their ED applicants that they approached ED differently this year and I would be surprised if there were ~70 ED applicants accepted again
Thank you so much for the information!

Do we think they will give decisions within the 7-8 week range now that we are getting close to the end?

Do we think they will give decisions within the 7-8 week range now that we are getting close to the end?
They're starting on January now so it still looks to be around 3 months, but maybe they might start picking up the pace since interviews are now over

They're starting on January now so it still looks to be around 3 months, but maybe they might start picking up the pace since interviews are now over
Won’t they have to finish sending all decisions before april 15 since thats when the amcas narrow your 3 choices begin?

Won’t they have to finish sending all decisions before april 15 since thats when the amcas narrow your 3 choices begin?
I don’t think they have to. You only have to narrow down between schools you are accepted to

Did they send any post-II decisions this week?

• Hmm
This is correct. I was accepted ED and they definitely cut WAY down on ED interview spots. Probably ~30 ED acceptances this year

Do they only give out decisions once a month? I interviewed in late February and haven't heard back yet. Just want to get some sort of timeline.

Do they only give out decisions once a month? I interviewed in late February and haven't heard back yet. Just want to get some sort of timeline.
2/22 interviewer here. The wait is excruciating. Seems like they’ve finally made it to Feb at least

I just spoke with someone in the admissions office. Decisions have been delayed by several weeks due to the hurricane, but waitlist movement is expected to occur hopefully in the next few weeks.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted today!! Interviewed 3/11. I was waitlisted two years ago so i am absolutley ecstatic about this!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
AR today, interviewed 2/23. Emailed admissions earlier and they said everyone should have decisions by today.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users