You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
pineapplebanana
New Member
Anyone hear of any recent movement off the waitlist?
Not since that person said they got an A off the waitlist like 2 weeks agoAnyone hear of any recent movement off the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Makes me scared that they might be full for this year since wl movement has been so slow?Not since that person said they got an A off the waitlist like 2 weeks ago
hotpotato_md
New Member
just got accepted off the waitlist today! I had to decline my offer though.
good luck to everyone on here!!
(international)
good luck to everyone on here!!
(international)
Got accepted off the waitlist yesterday! I'm going to Tulane!
neverhaveiever28
Full Member
Congratulations!!!! What day did you interview if you don’t mind sharing?Got accepted off the waitlist yesterday! I'm going to Tulane!
He interviewed on the first day 09/03. I think they might be going in order of interview date unfortunately as the first person to post also interviewed in September.Congratulations!!!! What day did you interview if you don’t mind sharing?
I interviewed the first day, so like early september? something like thatCongratulations!!!! What day did you interview if you don’t mind sharing?
Got off the waitlist today. International student. 2/22 interview
congrats did you get a phone call or was it an email?Got off the waitlist today. International student. 2/22 interview
Hi friends! I also got an A off the waitlist yesterday!! Interviewed 12/3
congratz! manifesting an A for all of usHi friends! I also got an A off the waitlist yesterday!! Interviewed 12/3
Thank you very much! It’s comingggggg!!congratz! manifesting an A for all of us
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was Emailcongrats did you get a phone call or was it an email?
any new A's off the waitlist??
doglover888
Full Member
Looks like a few people joined the GroupMe on Friday and Saturday, but nothing since then.any new A's off the waitlist??
medcadhopeful1111
Full Member
Doesn't seem like there's any order in which they are accepting people from the AR pool
Also, idk how anyone would know this but is there a chance this AR pool is massive and that they haven't allotted only 40 seats for it as they did previously?
I'm hoping there's more than 40 seats because from the looks of it we are getting close to nearly 50% of them being filled up, no?
Also, idk how anyone would know this but is there a chance this AR pool is massive and that they haven't allotted only 40 seats for it as they did previously?
I'm hoping there's more than 40 seats because from the looks of it we are getting close to nearly 50% of them being filled up, no?
On msar it says they waitlist about 300 people so…Doesn't seem like there's any order in which they are accepting people from the AR pool
Also, idk how anyone would know this but is there a chance this AR pool is massive and that they haven't allotted only 40 seats for it as they did previously?
I'm hoping there's more than 40 seats because from the looks of it we are getting close to nearly 50% of them being filled up, no?
medcadhopeful1111
Full Member
yeah and of those it says they take 40 which is a lower chance than getting accepted with the interview i think?On msar it says they waitlist about 300 people so…
I was hoping this year they take more from the AR pool T.T
I know for a fact not everyone from this first round of waitlist offers accepted so there should be another round going out soon.yeah and of those it says they take 40 which is a lower chance than getting accepted with the interview i think?
I was hoping this year they take more from the AR pool T.T
I’m assuming there might be more students who withdraw once financial aid info are released? Also this week Canadian MD schools are releasing their results.I know for a fact not everyone from this first round of waitlist offers accepted so there should be another round going out soon.
medcadhopeful1111
Full Member
Yeah canadian schools tell people tomorrow.I’m assuming there might be more students who withdraw once financial aid info are released? Also this week Canadian MD schools are releasing their results.
Do you think that Tulane is waiting for that or do you mean that Canadians will withdraw their applications? (or both?)
I can see why Tulane might want to make people wait because people from Canada might accept tulane early and then reject it as soon as they hear from canadian schools but i also dont know if any ADCOM would put this much effort into making decisions for a small group of applicants.
I'm from Canada and I'm hoping some of the accepted Canadian students will reject their seat at Tulane...I know Tulane tries to match the diversity of their class.Yeah canadian schools tell people tomorrow.
Do you think that Tulane is waiting for that or do you mean that Canadians will withdraw their applications? (or both?)
I can see why Tulane might want to make people wait because people from Canada might accept tulane early and then reject it as soon as they hear from canadian schools but i also dont know if any ADCOM would put this much effort into making decisions for a small group of applicants.
waitlist been awfully quiet recently.......
yeah im pretty down bad rnwaitlist been awfully quiet recently.......
Musty_Surgeon742
Admitted-MD
For anyone that’s in the class of 2026 groupme, how many members are in it currently?
207 including the owner + admin. 6 people joined todayFor anyone that’s in the class of 2026 groupme, how many members are in it currently?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medcadhopeful1111
Full Member
Isnt the groupme more indicative of this? since anyone can join the fb group?Their fb page already has 270 members...at this point i'm just gonna prepare for a reapplication.
I got in off the waitlist last night 🙂 second time applicant, tulane undergraduate alum, and lots of involvement with the New Orleans community/local organizations. After two years of waitlists, I was about to register to take the mcat again (score expiring) so I could reapply a third time. its not over til its over!! keep your head up and I hope to see some of you in New Orleans this summer!!!
I just got accepted off the waitlist yesterday as well! This was also my second year stuck on waitlists. So so excited to begin my medical journey at Tulane. It truly is not over until it's over!I got in off the waitlist last night 🙂 second time applicant, tulane undergraduate alum, and lots of involvement with the New Orleans community/local organizations. After two years of waitlists, I was about to register to take the mcat again (score expiring) so I could reapply a third time. its not over til its over!! keep your head up and I hope to see some of you in New Orleans this summer!!!
Did anyone get an email about the Afternoon T session? My heart jumped a bit when it said Matriculant but frowned when it said congratulations on interviewing....
Bruh they gotta stop sending out these Afternoon T emails.
medcadhopeful1111
Full Member
For sure.
Does Tulane send out a "Class if full" email?
Thanks
Does Tulane send out a "Class if full" email?
Thanks
pineapplebanana
New Member
I got off the waitlist Wednesday evening too! This was my second cycle, and I was about 24 hours away from starting my third and registering to retake the MCAT. I'm still in shock and stupid excited. Stay positive!!!
JUST GOT THE A HOLY F**** BALLS FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE I'M LITERALLY IN SHOCK.
D
deleted1128504
yooo congrats. been laughing at ur memes/comments for the last few months hahaJUST GOT THE A HOLY F**** BALLS FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE I'M LITERALLY IN SHOCK.
OMG CONGRATS!!!!!!JUST GOT THE A HOLY F**** BALLS FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE I'M LITERALLY IN SHOCK.
Congrats!!JUST GOT THE A HOLY F**** BALLS FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE I'M LITERALLY IN SHOCK.
Congratz!JUST GOT THE A HOLY F**** BALLS FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE I'M LITERALLY IN SHOCK.
Anyone else hear anything?
Can't be very many, I remember someone said that this week would be the last week of peak waitlist movement.I wonder how many spots are left
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! you deserved it. Very happy for youJUST GOT THE A HOLY F**** BALLS FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE I'M LITERALLY IN SHOCK.
whatisgoingon12345
New Member
I asked about WL movement last week and got a response saying they still expect a lot of movement so fingers crossed!Has anyone sent in any updates recently and heard from the admissions committee?
David Liv
New Member
Thanks so much for thisI asked about WL movement last week and got a response saying they still expect a lot of movement so fingers crossed!
Ugh y'all are getting my hopes up again.