2021-2022 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off the waitlist today! Interviewed in September

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Accepted off the waitlist today! Interviewed in September

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any further knowledge about waitlist movement or potential for waitlist movement, or how full the class is, or any information or timeline related to this? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have any further knowledge about waitlist movement or potential for waitlist movement, or how full the class is, or any information or timeline related to this? Thanks in advance.
+1!

I think a lot of people are waiting for financial aid before likely withdrawing from Tulane. I hope we'll see the floodgates open once that happens.

Reactions: 3 users
just got accepted off the waitlist today! I had to decline my offer though.

good luck to everyone on here!!
(international)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got accepted off the waitlist yesterday! I'm going to Tulane!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
spare waitlist movement??

Attachments

• squidward.jpg
    squidward.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!!! What day did you interview if you don’t mind sharing?
He interviewed on the first day 09/03. I think they might be going in order of interview date unfortunately as the first person to post also interviewed in September.

Reactions: 1 users
Got off the waitlist today. International student. 2/22 interview

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hi friends! I also got an A off the waitlist yesterday!! Interviewed 12/3

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Doesn't seem like there's any order in which they are accepting people from the AR pool

Also, idk how anyone would know this but is there a chance this AR pool is massive and that they haven't allotted only 40 seats for it as they did previously?
I'm hoping there's more than 40 seats because from the looks of it we are getting close to nearly 50% of them being filled up, no?

Doesn't seem like there's any order in which they are accepting people from the AR pool

Also, idk how anyone would know this but is there a chance this AR pool is massive and that they haven't allotted only 40 seats for it as they did previously?
I'm hoping there's more than 40 seats because from the looks of it we are getting close to nearly 50% of them being filled up, no?
On msar it says they waitlist about 300 people so…

On msar it says they waitlist about 300 people so…
yeah and of those it says they take 40 which is a lower chance than getting accepted with the interview i think?

I was hoping this year they take more from the AR pool T.T

yeah and of those it says they take 40 which is a lower chance than getting accepted with the interview i think?

I was hoping this year they take more from the AR pool T.T
I know for a fact not everyone from this first round of waitlist offers accepted so there should be another round going out soon.

I know for a fact not everyone from this first round of waitlist offers accepted so there should be another round going out soon.
I’m assuming there might be more students who withdraw once financial aid info are released? Also this week Canadian MD schools are releasing their results.

I’m assuming there might be more students who withdraw once financial aid info are released? Also this week Canadian MD schools are releasing their results.
Yeah canadian schools tell people tomorrow.
Do you think that Tulane is waiting for that or do you mean that Canadians will withdraw their applications? (or both?)

I can see why Tulane might want to make people wait because people from Canada might accept tulane early and then reject it as soon as they hear from canadian schools but i also dont know if any ADCOM would put this much effort into making decisions for a small group of applicants.

Yeah canadian schools tell people tomorrow.
Do you think that Tulane is waiting for that or do you mean that Canadians will withdraw their applications? (or both?)

I can see why Tulane might want to make people wait because people from Canada might accept tulane early and then reject it as soon as they hear from canadian schools but i also dont know if any ADCOM would put this much effort into making decisions for a small group of applicants.
I'm from Canada and I'm hoping some of the accepted Canadian students will reject their seat at Tulane...I know Tulane tries to match the diversity of their class.

Their fb page already has 270 members...at this point i'm just gonna prepare for a reapplication.

I got in off the waitlist last night :) second time applicant, tulane undergraduate alum, and lots of involvement with the New Orleans community/local organizations. After two years of waitlists, I was about to register to take the mcat again (score expiring) so I could reapply a third time. its not over til its over!! keep your head up and I hope to see some of you in New Orleans this summer!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I got in off the waitlist last night :) second time applicant, tulane undergraduate alum, and lots of involvement with the New Orleans community/local organizations. After two years of waitlists, I was about to register to take the mcat again (score expiring) so I could reapply a third time. its not over til its over!! keep your head up and I hope to see some of you in New Orleans this summer!!!
I just got accepted off the waitlist yesterday as well! This was also my second year stuck on waitlists. So so excited to begin my medical journey at Tulane. It truly is not over until it's over!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone get an email about the Afternoon T session? My heart jumped a bit when it said Matriculant but frowned when it said congratulations on interviewing....

Reactions: 2 users
I got off the waitlist Wednesday evening too! This was my second cycle, and I was about 24 hours away from starting my third and registering to retake the MCAT. I'm still in shock and stupid excited. Stay positive!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
JUST GOT THE A HOLY F**** BALLS FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE I'M LITERALLY IN SHOCK.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users