You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Tulane
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
Probably would have better luck joining the Facebook/GroupMeHi! Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! I'm looking for a roommate (preferably female) with whom I can share a 2BR/2BA at the Krauss Building. It's downtown and a 5-minute walk from the medical school. PM me if interested.
Did everyone receive the email about the summer biochem prep course ? The email says, “we are offering the prep-course to all accepted and waitlisted Tulane and LSU”. Was this sent to everyone or just low stats applicants since it’s a prep course? And did any accepted ppl receive this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received it, I think it was sent to everyoneDid everyone receive the email about the summer biochem prep course ? The email says, “we are offering the prep-course to all accepted and waitlisted Tulane and LSU”. Was this sent to everyone or just low stats applicants since it’s a prep course? And did any accepted ppl receive this?
Jenboat
New Member
I got it tooDid everyone receive the email about the summer biochem prep course ? The email says, “we are offering the prep-course to all accepted and waitlisted Tulane and LSU”. Was this sent to everyone or just low stats applicants since it’s a prep course? And did any accepted ppl receive this?
To everyone who received this email, are you all accepted or waitlisted? I'm waitlisted and didn't receive itDid everyone receive the email about the summer biochem prep course ? The email says, “we are offering the prep-course to all accepted and waitlisted Tulane and LSU”. Was this sent to everyone or just low stats applicants since it’s a prep course? And did any accepted ppl receive this?
It’s seems to be catered to ppl with lower stats is that might be why. The context of the program is ppl who didn’t perform academically well and may be at risk for medical biochem my benfmefit from this early exposure summer course pTo everyone who received this email, are you all accepted or waitlisted? I'm waitlisted and didn't receive it
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
It's not sent only to those w low stats, I scored 514+ have a 3.9+ and got the email. Pretty sure everyone got it who had been accepted too (and I guess some on the WL) but they were all talking about it in the groupme the other day. Lots of people haven't been in school in a few years either so could be a good way to reorient themselves. I wouldn't take it the wrong way due to stats.It’s seems to be catered to ppl with lower stats is that might be why. The context of the program is ppl who didn’t perform academically well and may be at risk for medical biochem my benfmefit from this early exposure summer course p
Makes sense. I only say that bc the pdf on the program overview says, “ Our target audience are entry- level medical student who are (A) are "at-risk" of struggling in a medical biochemistry course (lack of previous experience in biochemistry as an undergraduate, a lower life science GPA or MCAT),It's not sent only to those w low stats, I scored 514+ have a 3.9+ and got the email. Pretty sure everyone got it who had been accepted too (and I guess some on the WL) but they were all talking about it in the groupme the other day. Lots of people haven't been in school in a few years either so could be a good way to reorient themselves. I wouldn't take it the wrong way due to stats.
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
Got ya, I didn't even read it once I saw it cost and wasn't like an optional program to start early included in tuition or something lol, that 69k tuition is enough...Makes sense. I only say that bc the pdf on the program overview says, “ Our target audience are entry- level medical student who are (A) are "at-risk" of struggling in a medical biochemistry course (lack of previous experience in biochemistry as an undergraduate, a lower life science GPA or MCAT),
I might do it if they accept me before it starts on May 24...sheeeeshGot ya, I didn't even read it once I saw it cost and wasn't like an optional program to start early included in tuition or something lol, that 69k tuition is enough...
2937013958120sdfli
New Member
Has anyone talked to anyone who’s taken it? I’m so torn (and also on the waitlist). I would love to know that I could handle the class work, and it’d be a helpful refresher, but the timing isn’t great at all for me haha!I might do it if they accept me before it starts on May 24...sheeeesh
figuringthisout
New Member
So if not all waitlisted candidates got this email, how did they differentiate who did and did not receive it? It sounds like accepted students received the email, but based off previous comments, only some waitlisted received it? Correct me if I’m wrong.
I don't mean to sound like a smart-ass, but I doubt they would send the information to select people on the waitlist. If you are on the waitlist (or even accepted), perhaps check your spam/junk mail. The email was sent on April 20th, 2021 and titled, "Summer Biochemistry Prep Course from the Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology at Tulane School of Medicine".
For reference, I am accepted and the email was sent to my spam. I didn't know about it until seeing it in the GroupMe chat a few days ago.
For reference, I am accepted and the email was sent to my spam. I didn't know about it until seeing it in the GroupMe chat a few days ago.
For reference, this was sent to everyone last year too.I don't mean to sound like a smart-ass, but I doubt they would send the information to select people on the waitlist. If you are on the waitlist (or even accepted), perhaps check your spam/junk mail. The email was sent on April 20th, 2021 and titled, "Summer Biochemistry Prep Course from the Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology at Tulane School of Medicine".
For reference, I am accepted and the email was sent to my spam. I didn't know about it until seeing it in the GroupMe chat a few days ago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Just withdrew my A, I hope it goes to someone who Tulane will be a better fit for. Good luck to everyone 🙂
Is anyone familiar with when Tulane will start accepting people off their waitlist? Do they plan on acting next week or closer to the middle or even end of May?
Last year the first waitlist acceptances reported on sdn were April 20th, so it could be any day nowIs anyone familiar with when Tulane will start accepting people off their waitlist? Do they plan on acting next week or closer to the middle or even end of May?
2937013958120sdfli
New Member
Fingers crossed we see some more action after deposit day today!!
Iwannagomedschoolplzletme
Full Member
for me as well pleaseCould somebody post the link to the group me?
Slide me a group me invite too please 🤞🏾
mandalorianpremed
Full Member
me too!for me as well please
Any wl movemt after April 30th
I interviewed in October, AR in November and got the A 2 days ago.Any wl movemt after April 30th
mangonectar
New Member
I received the A last night off WL! I will be declining my spot as I was accepted off a different waitlist a few days prior. Sent a letter of interest in Feb for reference! Good luck to all!!!
Last edited:
Wow that's awesome congrats. When were you put on WL?I received the A last night of WL! I will be declining my spot as I was accepted off a different waitlist a few days prior. Sent a letter of interest in Feb for reference! Good luck to all!!!
mangonectar
New Member
Thank you so much! I interviewed 2/4 and was put on AR 4/5. Also my b in previous post but I sent the letter of interest in MarchWow that's awesome congrats. When were you put on WL?
mandalorianpremed
Full Member
I also interviewed on 2/4, send an update letter in Jan and WL in March, accepted last night! so stokedAny wl movemt after April 30th
Congrats! I was also waitlisted in march, so hoping for some good news soon!I also interviewed on 2/4, send an update letter in Jan and WL in March, accepted last night! so stoked
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So exciting congrats!!! Was it after hours that y’all got the AsI also interviewed on 2/4, send an update letter in Jan and WL in March, accepted last night! so stoked
+1Congrats! I was also waitlisted in march, so hoping for some good news soon!
mandalorianpremed
Full Member
Yeah I got my email at like 8 or 9 EST I believeSo exciting congrats!!! Was it after hours that y’all got the As
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
Withdrew my A the other day, hope it goes to one of you!
figuringthisout
New Member
Any updates? 😵
LetMeIn2021
New Member
The facebook group is growing so I *assume* people are getting in off the waitlist. Could be wrong though
This thread has been super quiet. Has anyone been pulled of the WL since May 5th? Any other information worth knowing ?
Last edited:
hey, most of the new people in the facebook group are people getting off the waitlist, but there's also been a few upperclassmen trickling into the group, so good luck aspiring docs!The facebook group is growing so I *assume* people are getting in off the waitlist. Could be wrong though
Based on GroupMe, no new students off AR (which is Tulane's WL) for the past 2 weeks. I'll give an update here when we have new members. Good luck to the rest of you on the AR and I look forward to calling you my classmate!
Much appreciated! Thank you for the update!Based on GroupMe, no new students off AR (which is Tulane's WL) for the past 2 weeks. I'll give an update here when we have new members. Good luck to the rest of you on the AR and I look forward to calling you my classmate!
figuringthisout
New Member
^^ I saw like three people added to the groupme!
Has anyone tried contacting admissions to see about waitlist movement? I’ve seen people do it on previous threads and they’ve been able to find out whether the class is full yet. I’m thinking about giving them a call if no one else on here has. The silence is making me anxious lol
Last edited:
I haven't called yet, but would love to know as well! It's almost the end of May now. It doesn't seem like there's been a lot of waitlist movement the last couple weeks.....Has anyone tried contacting admissions to see about waitlist movement? I’ve seen people do it on previous threads and they’ve been able to find out whether the class is full yet. I’m thinking about giving them a call if no one on here else has
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called but was sent to voicemail. I will try my best to call again before the office closes if I get off of work in time!Please let us know haha
It seems like this was around the time there was a good bit of movement last year so fingers crossed!!
Emailing mike Woodson is the best way for any question. His contact info is on the websiteI keep getting voicemail :/