2020-2021 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bruh I was complete mid July and no news
yea about the same for me. complete 7/27 and nothing

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if last years "On Hold" email says the same thing as this years? The email sounds like they will likely interview some people who they placed on hold

Members don't see this ad :)
for anyone who has already interviewed, were you allowed to take notes during the 2 minutes of reading the scenario?

I wonder why UCSD didn't reject me or place me on hold already. I was complete 7/30 but my stats are no where near UCSD standard and my autobiography certainly was not work of art. I know they are going to reject me like Drexel but I can't help but to be like "hmmm maybbeeeee?"

I wonder why UCSD didn't reject me or place me on hold already. I was complete 7/30 but my stats are no where near UCSD standard and my autobiography certainly was not work of art. I know they are going to reject me like Drexel but I can't help but to be like "hmmm maybbeeeee?"

+1 I was complete late July as well and my status as of now is still "Your application is complete", MCAT score is lower than their median score but my app was very service-heavy. After that backbreaking autobiography i hope it turns into an II!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
It's not over until it's over.
"We regret to inform you that we will not be inviting you to submit a secondary application at this time. We will not consider application files closed until March 2021 at the earliest. While it is possible that some applicants receiving this email may be invited to submit secondary application materials at a later date, we do not anticipate that this will be a common occurrence. "

That is mean AF......

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Did anyone who submitted a secondary have payment issues? The electronic payment option isn't working for me and given the USPS slow down I don't trust sending a check either.

I would try another browser if you haven't already! sometimes the app portal loads weird! hopefully you got it to work

Did anyone who submitted a secondary have payment issues? The electronic payment option isn't working for me and given the USPS slow down I don't trust sending a check either.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would try another browser if you haven't already! sometimes the app portal loads weird! hopefully you got it to work
Thank you! I was unable to get the payment to work regardless of browser. Looks like ima have to figure out how to send a money order

Has anyone received any response about the result of their interview? Thanks

I just got the R from UCSF, but I think I should assume the R for here as well since I've been complete since 07/23? What do you guys think? This cycle has been rough because I submitted in September for alot of my other schools due to my MCAT being rescheduled til mid August.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
@Bem7c have you gotten a hold here? (since its considered a soft R in most cases). If you don't have one, then that's probably a good sign. For reference, I got rejected from UCLA and UCSF in the last couple weeks, but I've had a hold here for months

@Bem7c have you gotten a hold here? (since its considered a soft R in most cases). If you don't have one, then that's probably a good sign. For reference, I got rejected from UCLA and UCSF in the last couple weeks, but I've had a hold here for months
Thank you for answering me. I haven’t gotten a hold as of yet. It’s super nerve racking.

• Care
hmm that's really similar to my timeline too and I received it 10/26, so I think you should wait and see until you get an email stating something explicitly! I think every admissions office is somewhat delayed but the UC campuses do take a bit longer

9/27, processing complete on 10/9, I was behind due to an MCAT being canceled:(

hmm that's really similar to my timeline too and I received it 10/26, so I think you should wait and see until you get an email stating something explicitly! I think every admissions office is somewhat delayed but the UC campuses do take a bit longer
Awesome so hopefully any day now. Thanks!! Good luck to you.

Awesome so hopefully any day now. Thanks!! Good luck to you.
I hundred percent think they are delayed. I turned in my secondary on 7/23 and have heard nothing. Your MCAT shouldn't matter because they are evaluating without the MCAT this year, so I would wait and see.

I know UCSD was a little bit behind on the interview trail compared to other schools (October being the earliest date as far as I can tell?) So as far as admissions decisions go when would we expect to hear? My interview isn't until December and I am slightly worried with rolling admissions being a factor... Is the turn-around pretty quick? Also how was the interview day for those who have interviewed already? SD would be a dream

I know UCSD was a little bit behind on the interview trail compared to other schools (October being the earliest date as far as I can tell?) So as far as admissions decisions go when would we expect to hear? My interview isn't until December and I am slightly worried with rolling admissions being a factor... Is the turn-around pretty quick? Also how was the interview day for those who have interviewed already? SD would be a dream

Normally they’re known for being fairly quick and/or direct with post-II decisions. I was on one of the first interview dates and they told us we will hear back by Thanksgiving, which apparently is a little longer than usual but that’s bc they wanna look at a larger pool of applicants.

As for the interview, it’s pretty typical MMI. Can’t disclose much else but it’s a good vibe!

Normally they’re known for being fairly quick and/or direct with post-II decisions. I was on one of the first interview dates and they told us we will hear back by Thanksgiving, which apparently is a little longer than usual but that’s bc they wanna look at a larger pool of applicants.

As for the interview, it’s pretty typical MMI. Can’t disclose much else but it’s a good vibe!

Thanks! Is the interview a long day?

Thanks! Is the interview a long day?

Nah. I think the total duration for the day was around 5 hours or so, and MMI in total was maybe 1.5 hours? But the interviewees are split into two groups for the MMI, so while one group is doing the MMI, the other group has a break.

Does anyone know what the most recent figure is for the post II acceptance rate is? I saw it was around 33% on the google doc but idk how old that is.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been rejected or not invited to interview? All I’ve seen is holds, so I was thinking my application probably got passed over because it wasn’t good enough for a hold but they would send me an R after the month of October was over.

I think i was complete mid to late August. No news (aka no hold or R either). LM 83 in state. I did apply for their PRIME program though so maybe that's the source of the delay.

I think i was complete mid to late August. No news (aka no hold or R either). LM 83 in state. I did apply for their PRIME program though so maybe that's the source of the delay.
With that stats, Im surprised you havent gotten the love.

Has anyone been rejected or not invited to interview? All I’ve seen is holds, so I was thinking my application probably got passed over because it wasn’t good enough for a hold but they would send me an R after the month of October was over.

held and crying :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I submitted 8/23 and still haven't heard a thing.. Is anyone else in the same situation?

I submitted 8/23 and still haven't heard a thing.. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Some of us have submitted in early-mid July and still not heard back. So, I wish I could give you some positive, but right now, its just meh

For the MMI, are you expected to speak for all 8 minutes, or is it kind of a back-and-forth where they'll give you follow-up questions after you finish your initial response?

For those who have interviewed, are you allowed to take notes on your computer as you read the prompt? Thank you!

For those who have interviewed, are you allowed to take notes on your computer as you read the prompt? Thank you!
You can do whatever you want! While reading the prompts, both the interviewers and interviewees must have their cameras and microphones turned off, so there's no way of them knowing how you use that time to prep. Just make sure your abide by the confidentiality agreement that you will sign before the interview day.

For the MMI, are you expected to speak for all 8 minutes, or is it kind of a back-and-forth where they'll give you follow-up questions after you finish your initial response?
This is probably up to your individual interviewers. But mine were all really friendly and asked follow up questions that enabled a continuous dialogue.

Is it typically traditional practice to send thank you letters of any kind after an MMI? I don't feel like I really had enough to time to connect with each of my interviewers long enough to write a meaningful thank you note

Is it typically traditional practice to send thank you letters of any kind after an MMI? I don't feel like I really had enough to time to connect with each of my interviewers long enough to write a meaningful thank you note
No I wouldn’t send one

I was looking back through the “file complete” email I received on 8/16 that says “Depending on the time of year, it can take from 2 – 6 weeks for your file to be reviewed.”

I just wish they never gave a timeline with the email...now it’s been almost 12 weeks of silence.