2020-2021 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This. A thousand times this. So disappointing and a huge turn off for this school.
Here's to hoping that something happens this week; otherwise, I'm gonna have to adhere to the commit to enroll deadline of my other school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Yo how do I withdraw my app? Is an email sufficient? Best of luck to y’all

Yo how do I withdraw my app? Is an email sufficient? Best of luck to y’all
Yup. Email them officially stating that you are withdrawing your application from the waitlist. Cheers and best of luck to you too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still on the waitlist while having to reapply this new cycle and guess what?-- UCSD sends me a secondary for this new cycle.

Like wtf. So they are not willing to share any details or updates with us waitlist applicants about our status, yet they still screen my new primary app and send me a secondary less than two days after verification.

I agree with everything mentioned above about Admission's bad impressions. Integrity and respect should be a two-way street in this process.
At this point I'm pretty sure the class is full and any waitlist movement would have to come from the very unlikely chance someone drops their acceptance (i.e. major life change that has forced them to drop out).

At this point I'm pretty sure the class is full and any waitlist movement would have to come from the very unlikely chance someone drops their acceptance (i.e. major life change that has forced them to drop out).
Honestly, that's what I've concluded it down to also. At this point, I'm waiting until the end of this week for the commit to enroll deadline for my other school to be reached before I commit. That's just two more days unfortunately and I really do not expect anything to happen at all with regards to waitlist movement. However, it is incredibly disrespectful for the school to not communicate with us about this situation and it truly makes me reconsider the idea of choosing UCSD for residency if they're going to act like this.

Reactions: 1 user
For accepted students, did you select one of the programs such as PRIME-Heq or GHAC. Is it necessary to apply to one of these?

This is important. If anyone is delaying their withdrawal, this is your sign to do it ASAP. Please. Many of us will have to come off the waitlist this week if you delay till later.

This is important. If anyone is delaying their withdrawal, this is your sign to do it ASAP. Please. Many of us will have to come off the waitlist this week if you delay till later.
I'm pretty sure the deadline to commit to enroll for UCSD already passed, so I doubt anyone is still considering withdrawing. They're only going to do so if something unexpected happens (i.e. death/illness/etc.) in the upcoming months.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty sure the deadline to commit to enroll for UCSD already passed, so I doubt anyone is still considering withdrawing. They're only going to do so if something unexpected happens (i.e. death/illness/etc.) in the upcoming months.
hey debbie downer don't crush our dreams ok thnx

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
As of this moment, I have officially rescinded my application. The California boy who wanted to come home unfortunately cannot for now. This waitlist process has been disappointing and the lack of communication has soured my impression of the school. Regardless, I am glad that I have a school that has accepted me for who I am. Best of luck to all of my future doctors. I look forward to working with you on the other side.

Reactions: 5 users
As of this moment, I have officially rescinded my application. The California boy who wanted to come home unfortunately cannot for now. This waitlist process has been disappointing and the lack of communication has soured my impression of the school. Regardless, I am glad that I have a school that has accepted me for who I am. Best of luck to all of my future doctors. I look forward to working with you on the other side.

Same :( did you ever receive an email back? I haven’t yet

For the secondary question about new meaningful activities, if you mark down that you can provide an associated letter of recommendation, when should we turn that in?