2020-2021 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i interviewed October 30th. Does anyone else have their portal say "review in progress"? Would the prematch come while the portal still says this phrase?

i interviewed October 30th. Does anyone else have their portal say "review in progress"? Would the prematch come while the portal still says this phrase?

Hey! When a prematch comes, it will change to you have been accepted. I never got an email about the prematch.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email acceptance. Told me to logon to my portal to accept

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I prematched! 2nd time around. 502 mcat, 3.83 gpa with science/math gpa 3.76. Lots of leadership and healthcare experience.

congrats to those who received A. For those waiting, don’t knock yourself down. If you’re committed and passionate, you’ll make it in. Plus, Match day is where most find out anyways.

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted earlier today as well! Interviewed late October

Submitted secondary back in July. Status still says “in review.” Should I start prepping to apply for another cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted secondary back in July. Status still says “in review.” Should I start prepping to apply for another cycle?
Me too, I submitted my secondary in the beginning of Aug. Not sure if its time to prepare for the next cycle

If I want to do Emergency Medicine, would TCOM be a good fit?

Received II today! Was not expecting to hear back at this point but really grateful. It's not over until it's over!
IS, ORM, complete 8/12/20.

Reactions: 9 users
II, just checked the portal

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! What interview dates are left if you don’t mind me asking?
They haven’t sent me the calendar to schedule, only a notification on my portal. They did say up to 5 days, so I will continue to wait patiently.
Friends who have scheduled say they’re already in early January!

They haven’t sent me the calendar to schedule, only a notification on my portal. They did say up to 5 days, so I will continue to wait patiently.
Friends who have scheduled say they’re already in early January!
Got it, thank you for the response & good luck on your interview!

For Texas residents, how long did it take after your interview to be able to put your prematch list on Tmdas?

Anyone who interviewed in November heard anything?

So I just found an email for an II that was sent to me in October but I some how missed it (why yes i did just have a mental breakdown for like 15 mins, I have no idea how I missed this), but should I email them and apologize for missing the email? Or should I not draw attention to the mistake and just go into the interview (from what I saw the only available dates were 1/15 and 1/19 for anyone curious)

So I just found an email for an II that was sent to me in October but I some how missed it (why yes i did just have a mental breakdown for like 15 mins, I have no idea how I missed this), but should I email them and apologize for missing the email? Or should I not draw attention to the mistake and just go into the interview (from what I saw the only available dates were 1/15 and 1/19 for anyone curious)
lmao...im sorry i know this is horrible for you but cmon man! If I were you tho, I would definitely email them. There is no absolute way you can tell nobody & go to your interview and act like nothing happened lol

Omg was it in your spam or something??????

Omg was it in your spam or something??????
Yes, it was in my junk, so I thought when I would search all mail this included the junk but apparently not so (I would search keywords like "interview" on top of checking my email daily). I'm honestly really embarrassed, I should have just checked the portal but I assumed I wouldn't miss an email because I obsessively check everyday lol (so PSA, outlook email does not include junk when you search keywords).

So if we still haven’t heard back from TCOM yet, is it safe to say it’s a silent rejection?

Reactions: 1 users
Checked my application portal and it says no active application found after being under review. Least they could do is send an email, but I guess thats their way of giving rejections.

Checked my application portal and it says no active application found after being under review. Least they could do is send an email, but I guess thats their way of giving rejections.
mine looked like that! e-mail the admissions team!

Did anyone who interviewed in November hear anything back? I thought they said we will know our status within a month after the interview, I'm not sure if I heard that right lol. If not, do TCOM send out acceptances frequently, or do we have to wait until March?

I interviewed Dec. 15 but TCOM isn’t showing up in the TMDSAS ranking list. Should I email someone? I know the holidays may have slowed down the normal flow of things, so I’m not sure when to say something.

I interviewed Dec. 15 but TCOM isn’t showing up in the TMDSAS ranking list. Should I email someone? I know the holidays may have slowed down the normal flow of things, so I’m not sure when to say something.
Give it till the end of January to show up

Just got an II, submitted secondary early September, super excited this is my 3rd invite this year. Happy I heard something this late in the game. If you’ve interviewed how did you find the MMI format of TCOM?

Just got an II, submitted secondary early September, super excited this is my 3rd invite this year. Happy I heard something this late in the game. If you’ve interviewed how did you find the MMI format of TCOM?
Congrats! What interview dates were left that you saw?

I applied in July and I still haven't heard anything (my portal still says application in review)...is it safe to say this is a rejection?

Would it be bad to email TCOM asking for the status of my application (interviewed Nov 21st)? They are my top choice and id love to go there, but i have to secure my spot at another school with a deposit of $1200 by Jan 15th. Id greatly appreciate the advice!

What is file check? Do they make sure your gpa and Mcat score correct?

After you sign up on SignupGenius, when do you get the email for the link of the virtual interview?
I really can’t remember how long it took, maybe a day or two before the interview day? Sorry that’s not more helpful!

After you sign up on SignupGenius, when do you get the email for the link of the virtual interview?
Make sure to check your spam folder, that's where mine was about 7-10 days before my interview. If you still can't find it, just email the admissions office!