2020-2021 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

Apr 14, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
After you sign up on SignupGenius, when do you get the email for the link of the virtual interview?
Make sure to check your spam folder, that's where mine was about 7-10 days before my interview. If you still can't find it, just email the admissions office!

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
Jul 31, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I was just accepted to TCOM! I'm an OOS student and have also been accepted to A&M. I know that for AMCAS I am able to hold multiple acceptances and just have to withdraw from all but one by April 30th, is the same true for OOS students and Texas schools? I know in-state students can't hold multiple offers after the match? (I might be wrong there but I wasn't part of the match). TCOM told me I have two weeks to accept their offer, does that mean that I have to decide between them and A&M in the next two weeks or can I accept both offers and consider for a bit longer? I tried to find the answer to this on TMDSAS' website but this is confusing and seems to be contradictory. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 1.25.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 1.25.00 PM.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 37
  • image001.png
    image001.png
    234.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Love

wysdoc

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2016
The Lone Star State
Status
  1. Attending Physician
I was just accepted to TCOM! I'm an OOS student and have also been accepted to A&M. I know that for AMCAS I am able to hold multiple acceptances and just have to withdraw from all but one by April 30th, is the same true for OOS students and Texas schools? I know in-state students can't hold multiple offers after the match? (I might be wrong there but I wasn't part of the match). TCOM told me I have two weeks to accept their offer, does that mean that I have to decide between them and A&M in the next two weeks or can I accept both offers and consider for a bit longer? I tried to find the answer to this on TMDSAS' website but this is confusing and seems to be contradictory. Can anyone help?
You can also accept TCOM and have some time to think about the two schools. Try to make your decision by April or so.

mariefutureMD

2+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Congrats!! Can I ask when your interview was?

Nov 16, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Will there be more pre-matches to come or do they just send them on one day of the month? Would it be wise to send a letter of interest to them?

Nov 16, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Prematch for texas residents ends January 29th so you could theoretically hear before then
So if we do not hear back before January 29th as a TX resident, does that mean there are no more acceptances except being waitlisted? Or will there be a match on March 5th?

wysdoc

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2016
The Lone Star State
Status
  1. Attending Physician
So if we do not hear back before January 29th as a TX resident, does that mean there are no more acceptances except being waitlisted? Or will there be a match on March 5th?
Match Day is March 5 and you have a chance to match if you have had interviews. If you end up without a match (it does happen) you could be offered a spot on a WL and have your chance to be accepted from the WL between March and the start of orientation at school.

About the Ads
May 10, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Do we think TCOM is pretty much done giving out II’s at this point? Pretty bummed. Really wanted to go here, and it’s the only school that would allow my significant other to keep his job since we currently live in the area :(

Reactions: 2 users
Mar 8, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Anyone from the current MedSci class get acceptances yet? Wondering if they'll wait until March 5th for MedSci or if they've sent out some answers.

Nov 16, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Match Day is March 5 and you have a chance to match if you have had interviews. If you end up without a match (it does happen) you could be offered a spot on a WL and have your chance to be accepted from the WL between March and the start of orientation at school.
Sorry for so many questions... but the application page says that they won't send acceptance offers for residents between Jan 29- March 4, and they anticipate the class to be filled by March 5. So does this mean that there is barely any possibility to match on match day as they are pre-match heavy?

wysdoc

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2016
The Lone Star State
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Sorry for so many questions... but the application page says that they won't send acceptance offers for residents between Jan 29- March 4, and they anticipate the class to be filled by March 5. So does this mean that there is barely any possibility to match on match day as they are pre-match heavy?
The end of Jan is the cutoff for prematch offers. After that you wait for match day. There is still a chance to match

Jun 22, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Do we think TCOM is pretty much done giving out II’s at this point? Pretty bummed. Really wanted to go here, and it’s the only school that would allow my significant other to keep his job since we currently live in the area :(
Super bummed, too. I love TCOM and my mentor attended there and had nothing but good things to say. Plus, she was one of the best doctors I have ever worked with and had a phenomenal bedside manner. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone :(. Hope that things will work out well for us at the end of the day,though!

• Care
May 10, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Super bummed, too. I love TCOM and my mentor attended there and had nothing but good things to say. Plus, she was one of the best doctors I have ever worked with and had a phenomenal bedside manner. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone :(. Hope that things will work out well for us at the end of the day,though!

Thanks for the reply. Wishing you the best of luck! I hope another school worked out for you!

May 26, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Received an interview invite Friday 1/15 and scheduled my interview for this coming Friday 1/22. Available dates were 1/19, 1/22, 1/26 and 1/29. If you are still waiting on an interview there is still hope! Quick one week turnaround for mine, so theoretically they could send an invite this week for someone to interview next week

Primary submitted 6/15, TCOM secondary submitted 9/6, LM 70, in state

Reactions: 5 users
Dec 15, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Received an interview invite Friday 1/15 and scheduled my interview for this coming Friday 1/22. Available dates were 1/19, 1/22, 1/26 and 1/29. If you are still waiting on an interview there is still hope! Quick one week turnaround for mine, so theoretically they could send an invite this week for someone to interview next week

Primary submitted 6/15, TCOM secondary submitted 9/6, LM 70, in state
Let's all take a moment to appreciate how thorough of a posting this was haha this is how it's done! :banana:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads