2020-2021 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone that interviewed 1/15 get anything? I haven’t seen anything from that date

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 1/13 and complete radio silence.
Idk if I should be happy or sad, what does this mean?
They apparently don’t send rejection letters so it might mean that they haven’t finished 1/13 calls or that you got rejected :(

They apparently don’t send rejection letters so it might mean that they haven’t finished 1/13 calls or that you got rejected :(
I hope they just haven’t gotten to us yet, there are so many people that haven’t heard anything at all, I find it hard to believe we were all rejected.

I hope they just haven’t gotten to us yet, there are so many people that haven’t heard anything at all, I find it hard to believe we were all rejected.
Trueee I checked the stats and there’s like a 50% chance of getting in post interview so I have hope still!!
Edit: it also depends how full the class is as of right now, which I don’t know

Last edited:
Trueee I checked the stats and there’s like a 50% chance of getting in post interview so I have hope still!!
Edit: it also depends how full the class is as of right now, which I don’t know
50% even if we were placed on the alternate list?

50% even if we were placed on the alternate list?
No, 50% (ish) were accepted post interview. The rest were waitlisted or rejected according to that massive spreadsheet that exists for 2019-2020

I sincerely thought this interview went so well... Does anyone have any insight on if a lot of people are pulled from the alternate list for an acceptance?

Reactions: 1 user
i interviewed on 1/15 and haven't heard back yet...
For those of us that interviewed a month ago I wouldn’t worry, it just isn’t plausible that we all got rejected. I think they are just taking extra time before determining decisions.

For those of us that interviewed a month ago I wouldn’t worry, it just isn’t plausible that we all got rejected. I think they are just taking extra time before determining decisions.
I'd agree with this. Because I interviewed 1/27 and they were quick to put me on the alternate list. No news is good news.

pre-II R just now complete late July

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hopping on this Pre-II R train - complete late August, good luck everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R as well haha. Well you win some you lose some 😅😅

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Alternate list. Interviewed 1/15

• Care
from what i've seen on past year's threads, it seems like keck tends to accept the majority of its class by december and then waitlists almost all january interviewees

it also seems like there's usually some waitlist movement early may and then it slows down significantly but this year could be different?

+1 R but can someone post the text from
tHe r it felt oddly specific

• Care
+1 Pre-II R

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
keeping that pre-II R going (complete July, 3.9/524, IS) best of luck to everyone else

• Care
+1 R but can someone post the text from
tHe r it felt oddly specific
This what you looking for?

--------

Dear [REDACTED],

Thank you for your application to the Keck School of Medicine of USC. We recognize and appreciate the extraordinary degree of thought and effort that went into the completion of your application. I am grateful that you chose to share your story with us.

Our Admissions Committee has carefully reviewed your application and we regret to inform you that you have not been selected to interview with us.

We appreciate the accomplishments that you have achieved to this point in your academic career, and it is our hope that you will reach all of the goals that you have set for yourself.

We are sorry that the size of our applicant pool does not allow us the opportunity to provide individualized feedback.

I have every best wish for your success!

Sincerely,

Raquel D. Arias, M.D.

Associate Dean of Admissions,

Associate Professor, Obstetrics & Gynecology