2020-2021 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For people who have interviewed, when did the university send you a link to join the Zoom? How close was it to your actual interview date.
I'm interviewing on Wednesday and didn't receive the link yet

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Sorry too many comments so I wasn’t sure which to reply to hahah, but I am also interviewing Wednesday and haven’t received anything yet. I assume it’ll come tomorrow at this point

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm wondering how they accept people off the waitlist. If there's no rank, do they accept people in the order in which they were put on the waitlist? 🤔

I'm wondering how they accept people off the waitlist. If there's no rank, do they accept people in the order in which they were put on the waitlist? 🤔
Where did you hear that there is no rank of the wait list? I would assume they have to have some sort of system to decide who to pull off to give the A, especially if they got rid of the HPWL.

Where did you hear that there is no rank of the wait list? I would assume they have to have some sort of system to decide who to pull off to give the A, especially if they got rid of the HPWL.
On the website for admissions it says it isn't ranked

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody know how early you should like check in to the zoom before the interview day starts? I couldn't find any note of it anywhere

Does anybody know how early you should like check in to the zoom before the interview day starts? I couldn't find any note of it anywhere
In my experience, I checked in 15 minutes early but they did not "allow me" into the room until right at the interview start time.

Just to clarify, Vermont does accept letters of intent post-interview?

Just to clarify, Vermont does accept letters of intent post-interview?

I recall during my interview they just mentioned that while they don't accept updates, they do encourage those on the waitlist to periodically contact the office and reaffirm that they're interested in UVM.

Citation <- taken from their waitlist page.
It is not necessary to submit additional letters of recommendation, letters of reference, etc., as these will not influence an applicants place on the waitlist. We do encourage waitlisted applicants to periodically contact the Admissions Office reaffirming their continued interest in the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont. You can do this via email to [email protected].

Ok Vermont, it's the end of January. Where are those As????

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got it, thanks!
I disagree with that advice. If you know you want to go here, even if you got in somewhere else, I would send letter of intent before the decision comes out. I would send it in 2-4 weeks post interview.

Does anyone known when UVM is planning to send out scholarship decisions?

Accepted off the waitlist today!

Interviewed in November, waitlisted before the winter break.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
So apparently they are still interviewing, but are they still sending out IIs?

Reactions: 3 users
Oh UVM..... I reject to accept your silent R.

For those that interviewed, how long on average did UVM take to make a decision post-II? I interviewed in early/mid-January and am hoping for good news!
I interviewed mid December and haven't heard back yet, been about 8 weeks

Reactions: 1 users
For those that interviewed, how long on average did UVM take to make a decision post-II? I interviewed in early/mid-January and am hoping for good news!

I interviewed in early October and heard back about 6.5 weeks after!

Well I was fully accepting my silent R, but got an II just now! Complete late August lol

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
II this morning as well! Complete in September

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
OOooooohhhh, I want to catch this II wave today! 🏄‍♀️🏄‍♂️

Reactions: 8 users
Got an II today. Complete mid-September. ORM LM75, OOS with no ties.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II today! I was surprised lol, from the South with no ties!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Congrats guys! Get it! I'm still waiting, submitted in September...

• Care
Yesterday was 8 weeks out for me (including the holidays) with no decision yet

Did they ever tell you when to expect to hear back from them?
On interview day, they told us end of January “at the earliest” but it could be later. I don’t remember any other specific timeline mentioned sadly

I interviewed recently. They told us we could expect decisions possibly early-March, but more likely in mid-March. The last week of interviews is the first week of March.

For those of you recently invited to interview, what are your stats? I’m waiting hoping to get the ii with a 508. Am I close?

For those of you recently invited to interview, what are your stats? I’m waiting hoping to get the ii with a 508. Am I close?
I interviewed with a lower MCAT but got the WL :/ Hoping my score doesn’t hinder my chance of getting off it

3.7 and a 508, so far heard nothing.
I haven't interviewed here, but there's a whole lot to it beyond the MCAT, if what they put out holds any truth, it really is a very holistic process there. Don't lose hope yet!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed in November with a lower MCAT, so don't lose hope!

it's just been about 3 weeks since i got waitlisted but would love to go here :')

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I see on their website that they mention showing teamwork. With the interview being online now, is there still a group component to the interview day? I know that some schools do group MMIs so I am just wondering if I should be expecting that.

I see on their website that they mention showing teamwork. With the interview being online now, is there still a group component to the interview day? I know that some schools do group MMIs so I am just wondering if I should be expecting that.
No group component. Interview day is 30 min check in followed by the MMI

I had a group component in my interview. It was in September. Not sure if that has changed...