-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Vermont
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do they accept pre-II application updates?
D
deleted615211
Do they accept pre-II application updates?
Apparently they don't? But they do want those waitlisted to send follow up emails
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apparently they don't? But they do want those waitlisted to send follow up emails
Darn, thanks!
R
Removed 982794
have end of August complete people heard back? complete 8/30 and silence for me
Aspiring & Anxious
Full Member
Complete mid-September and waiting to hear back.. anyone else from last year's waitlist on here?? I was high priority but didn't end up making the cut. Fingers crossed to hear something soon
BruinFan298
Full Member
Same was also WL last year hoping for an A this year!Complete mid-September and waiting to hear back.. anyone else from last year's waitlist on here?? I was high priority but didn't end up making the cut. Fingers crossed to hear something soon
Complete mid-September and waiting to hear back.. anyone else from last year's waitlist on here?? I was high priority but didn't end up making the cut. Fingers crossed to hear something soon
Also WL last year. Submitted early this year and haven't heard back yet
Aspiring & Anxious
Full Member
Same was also WL last year hoping for an A this year!
It's been a long wait over the last two years but I am hoping it is worth it! Best of luck!Also WL last year. Submitted early this year and haven't heard back yet
I got waitlisted my first time interviewing here. And then got a II for the next cycle in January!! so don't give up hope. (didn't attend the second one)It's been a long wait over the last two years but I am hoping it is worth it! Best of luck!
Bilateral Peduncles
New Member
Hi! For those that have interviewed, was it just an MMI or was it a panel and an MMI?
Hi! For those that have interviewed, was it just an MMI or was it a panel and an MMI?
You have a welcome session at first before doing the MMI, and then there's time after the interviews for a Q&A panel with some faculty/staff.
BruinFan298
Full Member
What's the dress code for the LCOMmunity Conversation? Did everyone wear suits/professional attire?
hopefuldoc_123
Full Member
No, the students also made it known that this was not going to be reported back to the admissions committee. They were very casual, but I personally just wore a blouse. Some people in my break out room had on plain T-shirts or sweaters. So I guess I would recommend casual, but presentable like no graphic tees or anything. Just a plain shirt or sweater would be just fine.What's the dress code for the LCOMmunity Conversation? Did everyone wear suits/professional attire?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted615211
No, the students also made it known that this was not going to be reported back to the admissions committee. They were very casual, but I personally just wore a blouse. Some people in my break out room had on plain T-shirts or sweaters. So I guess I would recommend casual, but presentable like no graphic tees or anything. Just a plain shirt or sweater would be just fine.
To be safe, I plan on going business casual so while I won't be wearing a suit I'll probably wear a collared shirt with a sweater
These sessions are about you guys getting a taste for the students and school. You’re not being evaluated. Obviously if you say something crass, rude, offensive, hateful then there’s an issue. But these students probably get an email before reminding them like 1 day beforehand and are just there to answer questions.To be safe, I plan on going business casual so while I won't be wearing a suit I'll probably wear a collared shirt with a sweater
D
deleted615211
These sessions are about you guys getting a taste for the students and school. You’re not being evaluated. Obviously if you say something crass, rude, offensive, hateful then there’s an issue. But these students probably get an email before reminding them like 1 day beforehand and are just there to answer questions.
haha, yeah basically that
Anyone else interview around 9/3 and still waiting? Been in silence for so long I have to occasionally remind myself that the dream can still happen...
D
deleted1040408
how long do post-interview decisions take?
It depends on if they do it like they did last year. last year was bad people were waiting months. Hopefully it’s different this year. Take a read through last years threadhow long do post-interview decisions take?
At my interview (11/13), they said OOS could hear anywhere from the end of November until sometime in 2021 (lol), and IS would hear before the Holidays in December.how long do post-interview decisions take?
Interviewed 10/1, silence
boopboopbeepboop
Full Member
Interviewed 9/18, also silence
Approximately a thousand yearshow long do post-interview decisions take?
Update: I interviewed Sept 14 and called yesterday to see if there was a timeline on when I could hear a decision. She said they will be considering IS in December and will then consider OOS applicants. She said I would almost certainly not hear anything until Jan-April as an OOS applicant (lol). I was a bit confused bc when I interviewed it sounded like they would be making decisions for OOS before IS but alas this is the latest I've heard so I figured I'd share
Update: I interviewed Sept 14 and called yesterday to see if there was a timeline on when I could hear a decision. She said they will be considering IS in December and will then consider OOS applicants. She said I would almost certainly not hear anything until Jan-April as an OOS applicant (lol). I was a bit confused bc when I interviewed it sounded like they would be making decisions for OOS before IS but alas this is the latest I've heard so I figured I'd share
Weird. I remember them saying that OOS will hear before IS during my interview as well. I also wrote that down in my notebook. It didn't really make sense to me at the time because I would imagine schools would prefer IS students? But I guess they just made a mistake and it actually is IS before OOS.
Right, I spoke with another interviewee and they said they remember them saying the same thing. I was so excited to hear that and have been waiting anxiously everyday for an email but at least I know not to expect anything anytime soon I guess lolWeird. I remember them saying that OOS will hear before IS during my interview as well. I also wrote that down in my notebook. It didn't really make sense to me at the time because I would imagine schools would prefer IS students? But I guess they just made a mistake and it actually is IS before OOS.
hopefuldoc_123
Full Member
I think maybe they accept a first wave of OOS students and then focus their admissions decisions around IS applicants around this time, then go back to OOS and IS as needed to fill up the class etc. But this is just a speculation. I remember them saying they will waitlist a lot more people in the beginning this year.Right, I spoke with another interviewee and they said they remember them saying the same thing. I was so excited to hear that and have been waiting anxiously everyday for an email but at least I know not to expect anything anytime soon I guess lol
Yeah looking at past threads that definitely seems like it could be the case. I wish they had a tracker so we could see how many they accepted so far!I think maybe they accept a first wave of OOS students and then focus their admissions decisions around IS applicants around this time, then go back to OOS and IS as needed to fill up the class etc. But this is just a speculation. I remember them saying they will waitlist a lot more people in the beginning this year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thesecretlifeof
Full Member
ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed 10/29; received an email this morning 🙂
ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed 10/29; received an email this morning 🙂
Congrats!! Would you mind letting me know if you’re OOS or IS? 🙂
thesecretlifeof
Full Member
OOS!Congrats!! Would you mind letting me know if you’re OOS or IS? 🙂
thesecretlifeof
Full Member
Do you guys know if there is a GroupMe or a FaceBook group or something you guys have been using for accepted students?
Last edited:
Accepted this morning! OOS interviewed 9/3
Accepted. Out of state but did my undergrad there. Interviewed 10/29.
Accepted!!! Out of state and interviewed on 10/06!
This is killing me this acceptance is all I want 😢
missanthropocene909
Full Member
Also accepted this morning! OOS interviewed 11/4, LM 76
None that I've heard of yet, but it'd be great to get something started! If you've been accepted, give this post a *thumbs up.* I'll send you a message and we can go from thereDo you guys know if there is a GroupMe or a FaceBook group or something you guys have been using for accepted students?
Last edited:
thesecretlifeof
Full Member
I’m going to start a GroupMe and I’ll post the link on here so everyone can join. Hows that sound?None that I've heard of yet, but it'd be great to get something started! If you've been accepted, give this post a *thumbs up.* I'll send you a message and we can go from there
Fantastic, thank you! I'm not the tech savviest so this way sounds more efficient than what I was planning. I appreciate it 🙂I’m going to start a GroupMe and I’ll post the link on here so everyone can join. Hows that sound?
I’m going to start a GroupMe and I’ll post the link on here so everyone can join. Hows that sound?
Sounds great to me! Excited to chat with y'all!
thesecretlifeof
Full Member
update on the group chat: I sent an email to UVM LCOM admissions to make sure it was okay we started a chat (there's been issues in the past about this, not at UVM but still), and i'm waiting on their reply. i'll make it as soon as they answer!
update on the group chat: I sent an email to UVM LCOM admissions to make sure it was okay we started a chat (there's been issues in the past about this, not at UVM but still), and i'm waiting on their reply. i'll make it as soon as they answer!
Thanks for updating us and emailing them!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For any current Vermont students who've done clerkships at the Connecticut campus, would you be able to share your thoughts and feedback on rotations there? While Vermont has provided some information on the CT campus, I'd love to hear from current students on your direct experiences in CT, the pros and cons, etc. Thanks in advance!
For those who have interviewed already, how far in advance of your interview date did you receive a zoom link/additional meeting details? I'm interviewing on Wed and received a date confirmation email, but haven't gotten a link or any other info yet and don't see it in the Interview tab, so I wasn't sure if I should be concerned and email
I interviewed on 11/13 and got the email with Zoom info on 11/02.For those who have interviewed already, how far in advance of your interview date did you receive a zoom link/additional meeting details? I'm interviewing on Wed and received a date confirmation email, but haven't gotten a link or any other info yet and don't see it in the Interview tab, so I wasn't sure if I should be concerned and email
Ok ty for the information! I may email admissions to double check then - I had checked my spam and trash and didn't see anything, so I wasn't sure if they might email the link the day before/day of or if I should've gotten something earlier, and it sounds like it's the latterI interviewed on 11/13 and got the email with Zoom info on 11/02.
stateofwait
Full Member
I got mine 5 days before if that helpsFor those who have interviewed already, how far in advance of your interview date did you receive a zoom link/additional meeting details? I'm interviewing on Wed and received a date confirmation email, but haven't gotten a link or any other info yet and don't see it in the Interview tab, so I wasn't sure if I should be concerned and email