You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Wake Forest
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Samesies. Complete in early Sep. The wait is killing me!This entire thread has me ✨stressed ✨. Good-luck to everyone! I am still waiting to get an R or II.
magnoliamariposa
Full Member
Had my info session last week and they said that ideally, we would know before winter break but if not, we should know within the first two weeks of January!Does anyone know if Wake sends out application decisions in order of info-session date? If so, what info-session date are we on for decisions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they send post II rejections before March?
magnoliamariposa
Full Member
During my info session, they said they would! You will either get an email saying you are waitlisted or an email notification from the application portal saying an update has been posted or something like that and the update will be an acceptance or rejection.Do they send post II rejections before March?
Does anyone know when Wake stops sending IIs?
Did anybody get this email? I don’t know if this is a good sign 😂
I want one!!! ...But first I need to get an II 😆Did anybody get this email? I don’t know if this is a good sign 😂
View attachment 324985
Also don't think it means anything, to be honest. Seems to be a generic 'thank you' email they send out to applicants they interview.
ISOgoodjuju
Full Member
I got it too. When did you interview?Did anybody get this email? I don’t know if this is a good sign 😂
View attachment 324985
12/10!I got it too. When did you interview?
ISOgoodjuju
Full Member
Are you on the WL? I thought 12/10 had decisions already?12/10!
December 10? I haven't heard for them yet. I think you thought I meant October 12?Are you on the WL? I thought 12/10 had decisions already?
ISOgoodjuju
Full Member
Oh my bad! You're right, they definitely wouldn't have gotten back to anyone from your groupDecember 10? I haven't heard for them yet. I think you thought I meant October 12?
doingmybest10
Full Member
i got this after my interview too! i was under the impression they just sent them to ppl who interviewed, esp since it says it has no impact 🙂Did anybody get this email? I don’t know if this is a good sign 😂
View attachment 324985
DrSeashell
Full Member
Anyone else complete mid July and waiting to hear back about an II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
neuroticpremed567
New Member
+1Anyone else complete mid July and waiting to hear back about an II?
runningtomd
Full Member
+1Anyone else complete mid July and waiting to hear back about an II?
D
deleted1012224
+1Anyone else complete mid July and waiting to hear back about an II?
skepticalchymist
Full Member
yeah, meAnyone else complete mid July and waiting to hear back about an II?
+1Anyone else complete mid July and waiting to hear back about an II?
Can WF just start up another mass app execution, I just need to know if they're gonna interview me or hit me with the R - my hopes are up and I can't have that lmao
Can WF just start up another mass app execution, I just need to know if they're gonna interview me or hit me with the R - my hopes are up and I can't have that lmao
Same, the wait is the worst part for me. I want to just know one way or the other rather than waiting and hoping on tender hooks.
Orexin44
Full Member
Same here :/I saw people getting acceptances 2 days after their december interview in last year's thread and thought that would be the case this year with a pre-recorded Interview![]()
Anyone know when the adcoms take off for their holiday break? Trying to find out when I should give up hope of hearing back this year. Interviewed 12/2
Do they have specific days when they typically send out the decisions or interview invites?
Well not sure if there are specific days, but I've noticed a trend because I am pathetic. IIs seem to go out on Tuesdays/Wednesdays and Rs on Wednesdays/Thursdays (maybe Fridays?). But it's been a while since the last R wave, but I seem to recall like maybe one or two reported II around this time last week.Do they have specific days when they typically send out the decisions or interview invites?
Hi Everyone! Current MS1 here at Wake. Just wanted to drop by and say I know how exhausting this entire process can be and I'm here to answer/provide support if needed. Feel free to private message me if need be. Stay strong!
I had my info session on 11/10 and received my acceptance letter the day before thanksgiving! I am sure they are going to do the same with christmas.12/10 virtual session. Assuming we don't get decisions before Christmas when do you guys think they'll get back to it in the new year?
itachisimp
Full Member
Anyone think they'll sound out more II's or rejections before Christmas?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if they dont send any today, then my guess would be noAnyone think they'll sound out more II's or rejections before Christmas?
When I get bored at work I go snoop on previous year's threads. Last year Wake sent IIs on 12/20, 12/23, 1/10, and 1/22. Saw some R waves on 1/15 and 2/12. The earliest WL movement was on 2/19. Based on this I'm hoping we still have another month or so of IIs! Maybe longer if they're behind like so many schools are this year.Anyone think they'll sound out more II's or rejections before Christmas?
Last edited:
God is good! I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna be a doctor! Info session 12/10
Last edited:
+1 🙂)))Just got accepted!! Information session was 12/2!!!
itachisimp
Full Member
Congrats to everyone accepted today!!When I get bored at work I go snoop on previous year's threads. Last year Wake sent IIs on 12/20, 12/23, 1/10, and 1/22. Saw some R waves on 1/15 and 2/12. The earliest WL movement was on 2/19. Based on this I'm hoping we still have another month or so of IIs! Maybe longer if they're behind like so many schools are this year.
Sending good vibes to everyone still waiting 😇
magnoliamariposa
Full Member
Interviewed first week of December -- waitlisted about an hour ago! Good luck everyone!
not bindingSorry this is such a noob question (lol), but selecting Accept on the decision form isn't binding right? It's just to hold our spot?
DrDreamMadeReality
Full Member
Did anyone else receive a joint degree interest form after their interview??? I feel like this is a promising sign... "Interviewed" Dec. 17th
Is there any way to check your status? I have had silence since submitting my secondary in August
magnoliamariposa
Full Member
I received that email a few days after my info session and was waitlisted last week...Did anyone else receive a joint degree interest form after their interview??? I feel like this is a promising sign... "Interviewed" Dec. 17th
DrDreamMadeReality
Full Member
Thanks! Good to know 🙂I received that email a few days after my info session and was waitlisted last week...
Does anyone know where or when we will find out about scholarships or grants to help lower the cost of attending?
Current students or applicants that have insight on this:
When are we supposed to apply for loans? I have never taken out loans and I am not sure where to start in terms of getting loans and also fin aid.
When are we supposed to apply for loans? I have never taken out loans and I am not sure where to start in terms of getting loans and also fin aid.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should fill out the FAFSA as soon as you can. That’s a good first step. You add schools on there that you have been accepted to or that you think may end up as an acceptance down the road.Current students or applicants that have insight on this:
When are we supposed to apply for loans? I have never taken out loans and I am not sure where to start in terms of getting loans and also fin aid.
Yes, right now (before Christmas/New Year's) is good timing. I would get it in ASAP because apparently, January is typically a big "R wave" month for a lot of schools. I myself sent an update/letter of interest a few days ago. Good luck!Does anyone know if a letter of interest is appropriate right now? I haven't received an II yet.
Does anyone know if a letter of interest is appropriate right now? I haven't received an II yet.
On the other hand, here is a remark that my advisor at Duke (who is on the Duke admissions committee) said: "There is no need, at this time, to write to the schools. First, most still have half of their interview slots available and are working to get through the applications. Second, letters of intent are just not helpful. Your intent is assumed by your application. If, on the other hand, you have an update to your file: scholarship, promotion at work, publication/abstract, etc., it is appropriate to get in touch with those respective schools. Otherwise, I would not recommend."Yes, right now (before Christmas/New Year's) is good timing. I would get it in ASAP because apparently, January is typically a big "R wave" month for a lot of schools. I myself sent an update/letter of interest a few days ago. Good luck!
Does anyone know if a letter of interest is appropriate right now? I haven't received an II yet.
I could be wrong but I thought I saw on their portal that letters of interest were only for waitlisted candidates ?