2020-2021 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can you contact school to find out what number you are on the preII waitlist or is the interview season over?
Their website says they do interviews through March

Members don't see this ad.

for anyone who has interviewed how many people interviewed you? my slot says 25 minutes but I spoke to a current student who said that two people generally interview applicants so I was curious

Members don't see this ad :)
for anyone who has interviewed how many people interviewed you? my slot says 25 minutes but I spoke to a current student who said that two people generally interview applicants so I was curious
It’s 2 on 1 for 25 minutes!

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R!
Was placed on the II waitlist (highest priority) back in September, never got the II though

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R!
Was placed on the II waitlist (highest priority) back in September, never got the II though
Oh wow so they are sending out rejections to people on the waitlist too? I didn’t know they did that.

Pre-II R as well. Submitted 7/26, waitlisted for interview 8/12, uploaded an update letter 12/7, rejected today 1/26
"But in the end it’s only a passing thing, this shadow; even darkness must pass."
Best of luck to those still standing! :)

• Care
Pre-ii r yesterday; OOS and was placed on low priority hold for interview a while back. Bye everyone!

At least you got one A so far. Good on ya!
Thank you :) I'm happy with the school that I'll most likely be attending, honestly just waiting for rejections at this point lol. Hope you get an A if you haven't already!

Pre-II R!
I'm so sorry to hear that! That seems beyond odd they would reject people from the highest-priority before rejecting those from mid or lower. However, HUGE congrats on the A elsewhere :)

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m wondering if they are working from the top to bottom and reevaluating everyone on the list as less interview spots are available

Hey guys! I was waitlisted at this school in October and have sent one update letter/letter of interest in since then - does this school tend to take people off the waitlist based on how many update letters they upload? I'm just not sure what to update them on since then

Has anyone gotten off the II waitlist recently? This thread has been super quiet

Waitlisted post interview in late October. Anyone know when waitlist applicants tend to hear back or if other waitlisted applicants have already heard back?

Pre-II R from hold here too - some 10 minutes ago

Also pre-II R as well after a hold. Did you guys get feedback in the rejection email? I got some feedback but not sure if that justs what they send to everyone.

Also pre-II R as well after a hold. Did you guys get feedback in the rejection email? I got some feedback but not sure if that justs what they send to everyone.
Mine had two bullet points: "Consider adding hours to mission based activities" and "If your GPA and MCAT are below WVU.. consider retake"

Mine had two bullet points: "Consider adding hours to mission based activities" and "If your GPA and MCAT are below WVU.. consider retake"
pre-II R as well after a hold! mine said the exact same things

• Care
Pre-ii R after an interview waitlist. I loved WVU so I am sad.

• Care
Pre-II R this morning, put on hold in early-September. OOS. Also received those two bullet points.

Pre-II R today
Complete early august
Pre-II waitlist late august - Mid priority - you email to find out
Gluck everyone else!

Waitlisted today. OOS no ties, interviewed 2/11. Not really shocked bc I know they waitlist a ton of OOS but very bummed out nonetheless

• Care
Anyone know if there has been post Interview waitlist movement?

Reactions: 2 users
Got an acceptance off the waitlist today! Sent a letter of intent last week. Wasn’t expecting waitlist movement to start so quickly but apparently it is. Definitely shoot your shot if WVU is your top choice!

IS btw

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone from the high-priority waitlist for II heard anything? I sent an update letter to here and a few other schools near the end of January, but still haven't heard anything else.

Has anyone from the high-priority waitlist for II heard anything? I sent an update letter to here and a few other schools near the end of January, but still haven't heard anything else.
I haven’t heard anything sadly. Next Monday is when they’ll tell us if there is no interview slots left based on the waitlist email.

I already sent an update letter, and I'm on the post-interview WL. What other communications should I do to convey my strong interest in the school?

I haven’t heard anything sadly. Next Monday is when they’ll tell us if there is no interview slots left based on the waitlist email.
Oh, thank you, I didn’t even realize they included a date in that email! Hopefully both of us receive some good news before that point.

Anyone know if there has been post Interview waitlist movement?
I'm suspecting we'll start to hear back after April 15th. From MSAR, in previous years it looks like about 50 people move up from the waitlist. WVU does prioritize IS and ties to the state. Also this year seems like an anomaly, so previous years may not be relevant. I suspect the WVU conducted more interviews this year than in previous years.

I'm suspecting we'll start to hear back after April 15th. From MSAR, in previous years it looks like about 50 people move up from the waitlist. WVU does prioritize IS and ties to the state. Also this year seems like an anomaly, so previous years may not be relevant. I suspect the WVU conducted more interviews this year than in previous years.
This is helpful, thank you for this!

Anyone have any idea of an estimate of how many people are generally on the post interview waitlist?

This is helpful, thank you for this!

Anyone have any idea of an estimate of how many people are generally on the post interview waitlist?
It may be a good amount of people. WVU states that its waitlist is based on the applicant pool. Last year they interviewed 622 applicants. I'm assuming this year, they may have interviewed more probably ~700-800 applicants. The waitlist is probably 200-400 people. Since WVU seems to have a decent amount of waitlist movement, their waitlist is probably on the higher end of that range. This is complete speculation. There's no way to tell for sure.

Anyone get off waitlist yet? Or heard of anyone who has?

Just found this thread. IS and waitlisted in November. havent received any contact since

Does anyone know how long we have to reply to that email? do we think at least till the end of the week?

Has anyone heard of any recent waitlist movement? I saw a few users earlier in the cycle.