2020-2021 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received the phone call that I was accepted off the waitlist. Interviewed 12/10, WL the next week. LM 70, OOS with significant ties to WV.

I was told by a current student that WVU really likes to see that you’re interested, so update letters and LOI are helpful; I sent in both.

Reactions: 4 users
I saw that the Facebook group gained 7 new members today. Trying not to take that as bad news lol

I saw that the Facebook group gained 7 new members today. Trying not to take that as bad news lol
I mean even if everyone in the group is an incoming student and everyone plans on attending, it’s still below their class size. I also freaked myself out last year when I was WL’d here, looking at the fb numbers and nothing came of it but anxiety. It just sucks to be in this position right now, it really does, but I’d suggest don’t check fb #’s because they’ll just give you more anxiety and stress than you need

I mean even if everyone in the group is an incoming student and everyone plans on attending, it’s still below their class size. I also freaked myself out last year when I was WL’d here, looking at the fb numbers and nothing came of it but anxiety. It just sucks to be in this position right now, it really does, but I’d suggest don’t check fb #’s because they’ll just give you more anxiety and stress than you need
You’re so right. I appreciate it!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted off of the waitlist yesterday! OOS with significant ties, Interviewed 12/05, WL 12/09, and submitted a letter of intent in early January. The Dean on the phone made it sound like it's a ranked list by saying that I was "next up", but I'm not sure if that's a true ranking.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off of the waitlist yesterday! OOS with significant ties, Interviewed 12/05, WL 12/09, and submitted a letter of intent in early January. The Dean on the phone made it sound like it's a ranked list by saying that I was "next up", but I'm not sure if that's a true ranking.

I feel like it’s probably ranked. I have higher stats than the average and I was accepted off of the waitlist back in February a few days after sending in a letter of intent.

I was accepted off of the WL earlier. I interviewed in September, OOS w/ ties, but will be declining. Hope it goes to one of you on here!!

Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted off of the WL earlier. I interviewed in September, OOS w/ ties, but will be declining. Hope it goes to one of you on here!!
Congratulations on the acceptance and thanks for the decline haha!

• Care
Got accepted off the waitlist yesterday!! Interviewed in February, OOS with somewhat of a tie to the state

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted off the waitlist yesterday! Oh my goodness what a relief. Wrote an update letter, but no letter of intent. OOS, but with some ties.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got accepted this morning!!!! It still hasn’t sunk in yet!! 😭😭😭

Reactions: 5 users
did everyone who got accepted write a letter of intent?

Any idea on how full the class is already?

Do we think waitlist movement is pretty much over?
WVU's commit to enroll is pretty early. I think it's at the end of May. There likely will be some WL movement after the CTE date.

Posting this a couple days late, but was accepted off the waitlist on Monday. I'm OOS with no ties so I was shocked to be accepted. Very excited to attend here! To everyone on the waitlist, don't give up, it's certainly not over.

Reactions: 6 users
Just withdrew my acceptance from here after being accepted to another school. I hope it goes to one of y'all!!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if the class is full?

Any know if being on the waitlist interview is a good or bad thing? Based on this thread, doesn't seem like most got off :/