2020-2021 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw that the Facebook group gained 7 new members today. Trying not to take that as bad news lol
I mean even if everyone in the group is an incoming student and everyone plans on attending, it’s still below their class size. I also freaked myself out last year when I was WL’d here, looking at the fb numbers and nothing came of it but anxiety. It just sucks to be in this position right now, it really does, but I’d suggest don’t check fb #’s because they’ll just give you more anxiety and stress than you need
 
I mean even if everyone in the group is an incoming student and everyone plans on attending, it’s still below their class size. I also freaked myself out last year when I was WL’d here, looking at the fb numbers and nothing came of it but anxiety. It just sucks to be in this position right now, it really does, but I’d suggest don’t check fb #’s because they’ll just give you more anxiety and stress than you need
You’re so right. I appreciate it!
 
Accepted off of the waitlist yesterday! OOS with significant ties, Interviewed 12/05, WL 12/09, and submitted a letter of intent in early January. The Dean on the phone made it sound like it's a ranked list by saying that I was "next up", but I'm not sure if that's a true ranking.
 
Accepted off of the waitlist yesterday! OOS with significant ties, Interviewed 12/05, WL 12/09, and submitted a letter of intent in early January. The Dean on the phone made it sound like it's a ranked list by saying that I was "next up", but I'm not sure if that's a true ranking.

I feel like it’s probably ranked. I have higher stats than the average and I was accepted off of the waitlist back in February a few days after sending in a letter of intent.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any know if being on the waitlist interview is a good or bad thing? Based on this thread, doesn't seem like most got off :/