2020-2021 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was put on hold on 07/28 and since then I uploaded 2 updates directly to my portal because that was the instructions I saw in the hold email. Should I email them directly to admissions in the future?

Members don't see this ad.

I was put on hold on 07/28 and since then I uploaded 2 updates directly to my portal because that was the instructions I saw in the hold email. Should I email them directly to admissions in the future?
I emailed my update to them this week and was told to upload it to the portal.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who submitted thank yous, did you just upload them as word documents?

Interviewed last Thursday, WL just now. OOS.

Also got waitlisted. Not surprised since I'm OOS with no ties.

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard if anyone has been rejected pre-interview, or are the options just either pre-interview hold or interview? Also, to those asking if the pre-II hold is a soft R, a few people have said it is not, though I don't think anyone on here that is on the hold list has gotten off it yet this year.

It’s not a soft R since they usually do pull people off, however I emailed them and they said with COVID it may just depend on who declines to interview. Since it’s a lot more accessible to interview, people may be less inclined to decline.

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard if anyone has been rejected pre-interview, or are the options just either pre-interview hold or interview? Also, to those asking if the pre-II hold is a soft R, a few people have said it is not, though I don't think anyone on here that is on the hold list has gotten off it yet this year.
People have been pre-II rejected outright I believe.

People have been pre-II rejected outright I believe.
Thank you! I also just realized I posted/responded in a different school than I meant to :smack:. But yeah, everything else still applies!

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my interview today. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys! They were very nice about it :)

Reactions: 5 users
For those that had recent interview invites, what days were still available.

I was offered an Interview for Feb just last week but I had been previously placed on the Platinum level of the High Priority Waitlist for Pre-Interview rejection so I am sure that helped my case a lot. I had also given them a second letter of intent this month.

Reactions: 1 users
I was offered an Interview for Feb just last week but I had been previously placed on the Platinum level of the High Priority Waitlist for Pre-Interview rejection so I am sure that helped my case a lot. I had also given them a second letter of intent this month.
Wait is there an actual “Platinum level” for those on the High Priority list and do you recommend sending a letter of intent even if you hadn’t interviewed there?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Wait is there an actual “Platinum level” for those on the High Priority list and do you recommend sending a letter of intent even if you hadn’t interviewed there?
Oh nvm I’m an idiot haha 😂

Has anyone rescheduled their interview? Do you just email the admissions office asking for alternative dates?

Anyone with a mid-level pre-II, get an interview yet? Any recent interviews gone out?

I was told high priority when I asked for ranking and has been silent ever since.

If I was not specifically told what tier I was on for pre interview WL should I assume I am not being considered at high or mid tier? thanks for the input!

If I was not specifically told what tier I was on for pre interview WL should I assume I am not being considered at high or mid tier? thanks for the input!

You have to email admissions to inquire about your place on the pre-II WL.

Has anyone found good web resources/videos for the campus and/or hospital sites? II is next week but struggling to find quality resources outside of their website.

For those that got acceptances, did you get a call or an email? and on which day of the week did you hear about the acceptance?

For those that got acceptances, did you get a call or an email? and on which day of the week did you hear about the acceptance?

Email the Wednesday after the interview. The committee meets Tuesday, and I believe the admissions lady (her names escaping me) said Friday would be the absolute latest for decisions.

When do people WL pre-II find out if they receive II?

• Haha
OOS post-interview Waitlist:( thought the interview went really well

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
just got off the pre-II waitlist and offered an II!! OOS and placed on the II waitlist 7/24/20. don’t lose hope! 😊

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
just got off the pre-II waitlist and offered an II!! OOS and placed on the II waitlist 7/24/20. don’t lose hope! 😊
That’s awesome! Congrats on your II! What were the latest dates they were offering?

does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate or if there is generally much waitlist movement?

Anyone know the percentage of pre II high priorities who get interviews ? Is there anywhere that has a number of how many are on this list ?

do they take thank you letters post-II? sorry if this has already been asked!

did anyone else sign up for the time to talk to medical students the night prior to your interview? I did and never received a Zoom link or time!

did anyone else sign up for the time to talk to medical students the night prior to your interview? I did and never received a Zoom link or time!
thank you for the congrats in your other post!
I signed up for this and completed it the evening before my interview but didnt get a zoom link until three days before my II. It was complete silence until hearing that. I received the link directly from the student via email, so make sure you check every inbox. If you feel like you need to reach out to them, I wouldn't hesitate because the entire admissions team was super nice and inviting.

Can you contact school to find out what number you are on the preII waitlist or is the interview season over?