2020-2021 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I literally just replied to the email and asked if they could let me know about my position on the interview waitlist.
alright - cheers to us international applicants for some good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
WL with mid-priority... anyone know if individuals in this tier usually get placed off the WL for a possible II? Thanks again

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That sounds neurotic lmao
Jesus Christ you need to sloooowwww way down lol

Neurotic because I'm curious if they rank within the waitlists? I'm hardly emailing them and asking them, it was just something I was wondering while reading through the posts. I'm not sure why this is so crazy to think about. Could either of you explain what you mean?

Neurotic because you're worrying about something that doesn't matter. Even if they did have a ranking within the ranking of II waitlist, knowing so doesn't change where your application falls. At this point there is nothing you can do but hurry up and wait. Trust in your application and your hard work and rest easy knowing it's out of your hands.

So then by that logic, wouldn't anyone asking what tier within the waitlist they are count as neurotic? I agree, knowing doesn't change anything, but I'm failing to see how wondering if people fall different places within the tiers of the waitlist is any different than just knowing about the tiers of the waitlist, people asking if others have gotten an II/A from a specific school, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Sure, you could definitely argue that as neurotic. Going further is just extra super duper neurotic.

Okay, so there is an 'acceptable' neurotic versus 'unacceptable' neurotic. Got it.

haha bro you're getting way too worked up over this. Just move on and try not to overthink it. Lets stop filling this thread with non WVU info.

I'm not worked up, I was just confused by people calling me out for something that I didn't see and then once I realized what you are saying I rolled my eyes and tried to make light of the situation. I agree, let's stop making unnecessary comments that are unrelated to the thread.

P.S. Not a bro

Don't worry about us other people, we don't matter. My B thought Cole was probably your first name. I also use bro pretty gender neutrally as well. Anyways, good luck to you. I hope you get off of the II waitlist no matte what tier or sub tier you may be in ;)

Thank you, you too! Best of luck to you. Sorry if my comments came off defensive or snarky, I'm just a pretty sarcastic person and that obviously doesn't translate well. Hopefully we both get off this waitlist!

Okay, so there is an 'acceptable' neurotic versus 'unacceptable' neurotic. Got it.
I dont think you're being neurotic at all. your concern about ranking within the high priority waitlist is perfectly valid because other schools like RWJMS use something like that, where within the high priority waitlist, they had their 10 highest priority candidates.

• Care
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back after the interview?

Canadian applicant, interview waitlist today :(

EDIT: high tier

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard about any movement from the waitlist, or is it too early in the season for them to pull?

Anyone heard about any movement from the waitlist, or is it too early in the season for them to pull?
I believe that they won’t start pulling people from the waitlist until closer to March, with most waitlist activity coming after April 30th. They said nearly half of the class comes from the waitlist!

I believe that they won’t start pulling people from the waitlist until closer to March, with most waitlist activity coming after April 30th. They said nearly half of the class comes from the waitlist!

Wait, March? If their interviews conclude in March, and people are on the waitlist pre-II, how does that work? Or is the 'conclusion' of interviews just for people not waitlisted?

Wait, March? If their interviews conclude in March, and people are on the waitlist pre-II, how does that work? Or is the 'conclusion' of interviews just for people not waitlisted?
I think the person you are responding to is referring to the post-II waitlist. For the Pre-II one I bet they start pulling from that once they get through all the applications once each and then they go back through and start pulling. So I guess if they still have spots after they get through us they will start handing them out to the kids on the Pre-II waitlist. So if the deadline to submit at WVU is late October and they made it through that already, I would expect the Pre-II waitlist to have movement in the next few weeks. Idk though, this is just me speculating.

I think the person you are responding to is referring to the post-II waitlist. For the Pre-II one I bet they start pulling from that once they get through all the applications once each and then they go back through and start pulling. So I guess if they still have spots after they get through us they will start handing them out to the kids on the Pre-II waitlist. So if the deadline to submit at WVU is late October and they made it through that already, I would expect the Pre-II waitlist to have movement in the next few weeks. Idk though, this is just me speculating.
I definitely was asking about the pre-II waitlist or hold. Thank you!

Ohhh, okay! Yeah that makes a lot of sense! Thank you!

just got a secondary invite today lmao, don't even know whether I should throw an app in

just got a secondary invite today lmao, don't even know whether I should throw an app in

You never know! Might as well. I submitted in late October thinking there was no chance but I got an II. Remember you have a 0% if u don't apply.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
OOS, post-II WL, interviewed 11/5. How is the post-II WL movement here? Mostly march/april? Also, did everyone waitlisted get the "favorably impressed" in the letter?

Last edited:
post-II WL, interviewed 11/5. How is the post-II WL movement here? Mostly march/april? Also, did everyone waitlisted get the "favorably impressed" in the letter?

IS, post II waitlist as well, and yea I assume everyone gets that in their letter. Also curious about WL movement

How are we supposed to email thank you notes to our interviewers? I found the email of the professor who interviewed me and sent it to him directly, but I'm not sure how to send it to the MS4 in my interview because her email wasn't included in the bio that they emailed me.

I think they said something about putting it in the portal, but I don't see anything I can do at all in ApplyNet, and I overall feel pretty lost!

OOS, post-II WL, interviewed 11/5. How is the post-II WL movement here? Mostly march/april? Also, did everyone waitlisted get the "favorably impressed" in the letter?
I did and I know a few others who did as well. It seems to be a generic email sent to everyone.

OOS, interviewed 11/13, waitlisted 11/18. The interview itself was such a positive experience. My interviewers were some of the nicest people I've ever met, and I was about ready to withdraw my application from everywhere else. I most definitely will choose this school should I get accepted in April/May. They told us during the informational session that there's a good amount of activity around then so fingers crossed!!

Has anyone had an interview after being on the pre-interview waitlist?

Reactions: 4 users
I just withdrew my application and canceled my interview here after getting into a higher choice school, and I asked specifically that they give my spot to someone on the interview waitlist in the email :laugh: best of luck to all of you and hope someone gets that spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
I'm on high-tier pre-II waitlist—haven't heard anything. Not too hopeful however, since the school is scheduling interviews well into February. :(
I emailed them to ask about this question. They said they were waiting to see how many interviews were canceled before starting to pull from the waitlist. They also apologized for not having an exact answer (SO SWEET).

Edit 1: Shout out to people like prufrock for being amazing:love:

Reactions: 3 users
I just withdrew my application and canceled my interview here after getting into a higher choice school, and I asked specifically that they give my spot to someone on the interview waitlist in the email :laugh: best of luck to all of you and hope someone gets that spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First off congrats!! Also, you my friend are a are a true hero for us haha!!

so thinking theyll be pulling from high-tier first and THEN going to mid-tier right? feeling like there isnt much hope for us mid-tiers then lol

• Hmm
People who have sent updates, did you just email them to admissions?

for updates, do people generally write short updates (paragraph or two) or write full out 1-page max letters?

for updates, do people generally write short updates (paragraph or two) or write full out 1-page max letters?
So, you can do a general update which would be changes in your activity or you can do a more formal letter of interest. I did letters to schools I was more interested in. The format I used was introduction, why this school, my update to my app, and then conclusion.

So, you can do a general update which would be changes in your activity or you can do a more formal letter of interest. I did letters to schools I was more interested in. The format I used was introduction, why this school, my update to my app, and then conclusion.

thank you so much!!