-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Albany
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
And then there are those of us just hoping for an II…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seriously albany pls gib ii, I've been complete for like 5 months, dear god. Last cycle they sent me an interview in like February lol and at that point it's like I was just interviewing for the AL...And then there are those of us just hoping for an II…
What’s alternate list mean?
It's similar to a waitlist where they accept people off of later in the cycle.What’s alternate list mean?
concerned doctor
New Member
How to send pre II update
they only accept grade updates, which can be uploaded through a link they sent in the secondary application invite emailHow to send pre II update
medschoolapplicant101.
Full Member
Historically, until when does this school extends interviews? Or if you haven’t heard still, is this a done deal? Do they send rejection letters to applicants that were not interviewed?
Anyone know about how long their interview cycle goes? Still radio silence, planning to update with my transcript once it finalizes for this semester (since they don't accept anything except grade updates).
D
deleted1111835
any new decisions released? interviewed 10/25 and still waiting.
Beginning or end of Aug?II today! LizzyM 68 (high MCAT, low GPA with a strong upwards trend), complete in August. Good luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1109233
Mid-August!Beginning or end of Aug?
Interviewed on 11/5 and haven't heard back. Any others also in this situation?
D
deleted1111835
interviewed 10/25 and nadaInterviewed on 11/5 and haven't heard back. Any others also in this situation?
whoismedicine
Full Member
they took like eight weeks to get back to me so hopefully you guys will hear sooninterviewed 10/25 and nada
AssistantToTheRegManager
Full Member
Withdrew my spot today. Good luck everyone and Merry Christmas! 🤍
I don't think they do. It said on the email when you get put on the list, they no longer accept updates.i'm sorry if this has already been answered but does albany accept update letters after put on the alternate list?
ah I just saw it. I skipped right over that. Thanks!I don't think they do. It said on the email when you get put on the list, they no longer accept updates.
Congrats bro!!! When were you complete?ii! oos, orm, LM 72. would anyone mind offering advice about prepping for the general interview format?
Ayy I thought schools were off for the break! Congrats!ii! oos, orm, LM 72. would anyone mind offering advice about prepping for the general interview format?
hahah thanks! Threw me so off guard to have gotten invited 12/28 😳 I was complete mid August and the dates left were all mid JanuaryCongrats bro!!! When were you complete?
You have to use a specific browser - I think it was Firefox? It wouldn't work for me in any other, but it should say on that page which one to useII yesterday. I just saw it this morning like 18 hours later, lol. I need help figuring out how to crop the photo. Someone please !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
THANK YOU!You have to use a specific browser - I think it was Firefox? It wouldn't work for me in any other, but it should say on that page which one to use
Complete early november for anyone wonderingCongrats bro!!! When were you complete?
Has anyone put on the Alternate List heard back yet?
candyman1997
Full Member
Got put on it December 3rd. Still waiting to hear somethingHas anyone put on the Alternate List heard back yet?
sameGot put on it December 3rd. Still waiting to hear something
maddandadd
Full Member
Congrats on the II! For a November complete?! Gives me a tiny bit of hope lol.Complete early november for anyone wondering
Early September, in-state, still nothing... I spent forever on this secondary too!! Ask me how long I spent on the "Tell me about yourself question"
femmepremed
Full Member
Anyone who interviewed 11/17 heard back yet?
Chances after New Years to get an ii? Complete in July and have received 0 invites so far 🙁
Students reported IIs on 01/07, 01/12, 01/19, 02/22, 02/24, and 03/05 in last year's thread. Looks like there are still IIs to go out in January (based on last year)! Also make sure to check spam -- looks like tons of IIs went straight to spam last year.Chances after New Years to get an ii? Complete in July and have received 0 invites so far 🙁
That gives me hope haha
Congrats bro!!! That gives me hope as I haven’t heard anything yet. Is this your first II? Stats?II complete July OOS!
Not my first II but it's reassuring to hear back from a school that's kept silent all cycle so far. Chin up brother. I imagine the silence from schools is frustrating. I'm praying for your IIs coming through soon and remember you're still in the running unless they've explicitly sent a hard R.Congrats bro!!! That gives me hope as I haven’t heard anything yet. Is this your first II? Stats?
LM 69-70
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for doing this! Do you know if most of the Albany class comes from the waitlist?Hi everyone!
I am a current first year here at Albany Med. Feel free to message me/reply to this post with any questions you might have about the school
Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back![]()
SpinShady
Full Member
When I was applying most of the people (myself included) were first put on a waitlist. I think there were only handful of people who got accepted without being placed on an alternate list first.Thanks for doing this! Do you know if most of the Albany class comes from the waitlist?
Lastly, do you remember around when u were accepted off the waitlist? Thanks again!When I was applying most of the people (myself included) were first put on a waitlist. I think there were only handful of people who got accepted without being placed on an alternate list first.
SpinShady
Full Member
Interviewed mid January
Got an email that I had been waitlisted Feb 2nd
Got Acceptance Feb 12th
I would like to note that I got off of the waitlist fairly quickly. This was NOT standard for many of my classmates who did spend over a month waiting to get an A. So don't be discouraged if they keep you waiting longer.
Got an email that I had been waitlisted Feb 2nd
Got Acceptance Feb 12th
I would like to note that I got off of the waitlist fairly quickly. This was NOT standard for many of my classmates who did spend over a month waiting to get an A. So don't be discouraged if they keep you waiting longer.
Did anyone interview in early December hear back yet? They said 4-6 weeks but closer to 6 because of the holidays so just wondering...