2021-2022 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone think we'll hear back tomorrow?
I think I remember them saying the earliest would be the end of October but also think I read somewhere 4-6 weeks after your interview, but who really knows... (Interviewed 9/24)

Who Knows Idk GIF by MOODMAN

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 9/20 and it's been silent so far :(

Hopefully, we'll all hear good news tomorrow?

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know what the attire is for the student panel and advising dean presentation is? Same as interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know what the attire is for the student panel and advising dean presentation is? Same as interview?
It's fairly informal. Most of us had on a nice shirt, but suit and tie aren't necessary. The med students had on t-shirts and sweatshirts

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm starting to get kinda nervous and confused! I was waitlisted here last cycle, but now I haven't heard a single thing after my secondary this cycle. I was finalized 8/23 and still heard nothing.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm starting to get kinda nervous and confused! I was waitlisted here last cycle, but now I haven't heard a single thing after my secondary this cycle. I was finalized 8/23 and still heard nothing.
Two cycles ago I got a II from Albany in February but I submitted much much later. This time Albany was one of the first schools I submitted my secondary at and haven’t heard anything yet, I’m manifesting some incoming IIs!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Placed on WL post-II 9/27. Good luck guys!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Placed on alternate waitlist, is there a difference between Alternate waitlist vs under consideration? Do students get off the alternative waitlist? Bummmmed out

• Care
Placed on alternate waitlist, is there a difference between Alternate waitlist vs under consideration? Do students get off the alternative waitlist? Bummmmed out
+1...... Interviewed 9/13

I remember from interview day they said that most of the people that interviewed that early in the cycle will be placed on the alternate list. So I expected it.

Their reason: they do not want to commit yet, and continue an interview season with no spots available. They also said that most of us will be pulled from the list and accepted at some point, not to stress out.

Still disappointed thou....cant help it.....

• Care
+1...... Interviewed 9/13

I remember from interview day they said that most of the people that interviewed that early in the cycle will be placed on the alternate list. So I expected it.

Their reason: they do not want to commit yet, and continue an interview season with no spots available. They also said that most of us will be pulled from the list and accepted at some point, not to stress out.

Still disappointed thou....cant help it.....
Yeh I remeber that too. I hope you're right :(

What is the interview format like? My interview is this Friday and I'd like to know what to expect.

Did anyone get outright accepted? Lol

I think there was a lot of alternate movement the cycle I applied towards the end of the cycle. Albany ranks their waitlist later on and then the highest rank move onto the next "round" of alternates and are pulled off in Spring.

Accepted OOS via email 11:10 AM EST!!!!!!! Interviewed 9/13. Easily my worst interview so I'm in shock.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
So I just found this on their FAQs...

"What is the difference between under consideration and the alternate list​

The alternate list is a condensed version of the under consideration list. In May, a select number of applicants from the under consideration list will receive an Alternate List Response form asking if they are still interested in being considered for admission. These applicants will be considered for the alternate list based on rank. Those that respond "yes" to the Alternate Response Form will remain eligible for acceptance as we continue to fill any open seats in the summer months. Those who do not respond or elect not to be considered will be withdrawn. Those that are not invited will be notified by e-mail that they are no longer being considered.
Please note: Not all applicants that are in the under consideration status will be invited to be on the alternate list."

So is the alternate list better than under consideration? Or is it the other way around lol...

So I just found this on their FAQs...

"What is the difference between under consideration and the alternate list​

The alternate list is a condensed version of the under consideration list. In May, a select number of applicants from the under consideration list will receive an Alternate List Response form asking if they are still interested in being considered for admission. These applicants will be considered for the alternate list based on rank. Those that respond "yes" to the Alternate Response Form will remain eligible for acceptance as we continue to fill any open seats in the summer months. Those who do not respond or elect not to be considered will be withdrawn. Those that are not invited will be notified by e-mail that they are no longer being considered.
Please note: Not all applicants that are in the under consideration status will be invited to be on the alternate list."

So is the alternate list better than under consideration? Or is it the other way around lol...
I read that too and from that I assumed that the alternate waitlist is better as well lol

What is the interview format like? My interview is this Friday and I'd like to know what to expect.
Obviously no one can disclose question specifics, but it is MMI and I felt that the questions were pretty straightforward and what you’d typically expect for med school interviews. It’s conversational too. The interviewers were all pretty nice. Best of luck.

+1 Alt List.

Does anyone know any more information about when we might get off the alternate list?
Right like when does Albany start pulling people off the waitlist? I checked last year's thread and they started in November but it's very sporadic

This might seem like a silly Qs, but if you are put on the alternate list, do we have to pay a fee to hold our spot? The email did not specify.

Placed on the alternate waitlist as well (interviewed 09/15). I reached out to a friend of mine who is a year one and he said that having interviewed so early and having been placed on a waitlist is a great sign for us early applicants :) Definitely gave me a lot of hope! He had interviewed in February, was placed on the alternate waitlist as well and he is a current student. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Placed on the alternate waitlist as well (interviewed 09/15). I reached out to a friend of mine who is a year one and he said that having interviewed so early and having been placed on a waitlist is a great sign for us early applicants :) Definitely gave me a lot of hope! He had interviewed in February, was placed on the alternate waitlist as well and he is a current student. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Why is it a great sign? Either way, I really hope he's right 😂😂

I forgot to click finalize until now :cryi:. Has anyone every submitted this late before

• Care
Right like when does Albany start pulling people off the waitlist? I checked last year's thread and they started in November but it's very sporadic
I agree, Last year the first A from the AL was Nov 6. But then it was sporadic all the way to junish.

So it begins! +1 alternate list, interviewed 9/8 :)

• Care