-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Arizona, Tucson
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
HUGE congrats!!! Thank you for your dedication to keeping us posted. Hope you celebrate !!Hi everyone! Longtime lurker but made an account to keep you guys updated. I got the acceptance call this morning! Interview date 9/3 LizzyM 71
Congrats future doc! If you don't mind me asking are you OOS or IS?Hi everyone! Longtime lurker but made an account to keep you guys updated. I got the acceptance call this morning! Interview date 9/3 LizzyM 71
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medusername123
New Member
Thank you!! ISCongrats future doc! If you don't mind me asking are you OOS or IS?
stardust12
Full Member
congrats!!!! do you mind me asking what time you got the call?Hi everyone! Longtime lurker but made an account to keep you guys updated. I got the acceptance call this morning! Interview date 9/3 LizzyM 71
Do they normally start with IS applicants? I’m OOS.
medusername123
New Member
Thank you! I got it at like 7:30, I bet they have a lot to give today!congrats!!!! do you mind me asking what time you got the call?
medusername123
New Member
I'm not sure, but I've also heard that once you have an II IS/OOS doesn't matter as muchDo they normally start with IS applicants? I’m OOS.
Really hoping I get a call so I don't end up paying my DO deposit in 11 days lol...
stardust12
Full Member
I’m in the exact same spot right now….really hoping for the callReally hoping I get a call so I don't end up paying my DO deposit in 11 days lol...

Omg saaaame hahaReally hoping I get a call so I don't end up paying my DO deposit in 11 days lol...
stardust12
Full Member
I’m really happy for everyone who got accepted today….just wondering why they are continuing to keep the rest of us completely in the dark?? it really sucks 🙁
KanekiS1E12
Full Member
Got the A call today, teared up 🙂 ! OOS, Interviewed mid October. Good luck to everyone!
Dr.StevieBrule
Full Member
Got the A today and also cried! OOS, Interviewed in November. Wishing everyone the best this cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent an email and they got back to me pretty fast. The next round of decisions won't happen until 2022. Looks like we're paying our DO deposits :/
do we know if they give people estimated 6-8 weeks for responses post interview? Bc for the August peeps it has been more than 8 weeks fashoI sent an email and they got back to me pretty fast. The next round of decisions won't happen until 2022. Looks like we're paying our DO deposits :/
Has no one received a post-II waitlist decision yet? I find it very odd that a lot of us from August are still waiting to hear back. 😥
Nope, no decisions. They may simply be not doing a waitlist this year?Has no one received a post-II waitlist decision yet? I find it very odd that a lot of us from August are still waiting to hear back. 😥
Maybe they're doing waitlists in April like other schools!Nope, no decisions. They may simply be not doing a waitlist this year?
I emailed them and they confirmed this: applicants may not hear back until March/April for A or R and also that this is when the waitlist begins.Maybe they're doing waitlists in April like other schools!
I called a few weeks back to ask when I could expect to hear by and this is what it sounded like.. she said I could be accepted anytime until April, and then they will go through the waitlist/rejections. I just think it's unfair to leave us waiting that long if a decision has already been made.Maybe they're doing waitlists in April like other schools!
I figure it's probably a system where they're not making WL/reject decisions, and people who don't get accepted in one round maybe just get thrown back into the pool to be discussed along with new interviewees.I called a few weeks back to ask when I could expect to hear by and this is what it sounded like.. she said I could be accepted anytime until April, and then they will go through the waitlist/rejections. I just think it's unfair to leave us waiting that long if a decision has already been made.
That's an optimistic way of looking at it! Fingers crossed for all of us waiting.I figure it's probably a system where they're not making WL/reject decisions, and people who don't get accepted in one round maybe just get thrown back into the pool to be discussed along with new interviewees.
random_username
Full Member
Did anyone receive the email that says you're still under consideration? I wonder if those come Monday. For people that interviewed in Aug/Sept, did that email come out on the same day as the acceptance calls last time?
Last edited:
random_username
Full Member
Based on what I read last year, I think they give us a final/overall score out of 5 points after we complete our interview, so as the cycle goes on, they go down the list of scores and start accepting people with lower scores... which is why I still think it's unfair to leave people with low scores hanging until April. If anyone wants to confirm or deny this, please do lolI figure it's probably a system where they're not making WL/reject decisions, and people who don't get accepted in one round maybe just get thrown back into the pool to be discussed along with new interviewees.
please correct me, but they won't accept any post interview updates right?
trpv1.baf53cre
New Member
Yup, no post-interview updates or Letters of Intent 🙁please correct me, but they won't accept any post interview updates right?
random_username
Full Member
@AdmissionsOffice Hello! Are we going to be getting update emails if we didn't receive an acceptance call last week?
Thanks in advance for any follow up!
Thanks in advance for any follow up!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheReal-BilboBaggins
Full Member
Have my interview this Friday, was just curious if anyone could give me some tips/advice on doing the MMI? Any topics/questions I should for sure know going in? Haven't done an MMI yet this cycle so it's got me the most nervous of all my interviews so far. Any help would be very much appreciated!!
Can’t go into too much detail, but let me just say that I had built it up in my head to where I was terrified when I probably shouldn’t have been. If this is your first MMI, I found it to be a wonderful intro to the MMI format. Just make sure to pace yourself appropriately, because the time can fly by!Have my interview this Friday, was just curious if anyone could give me some tips/advice on doing the MMI? Any topics/questions I should for sure know going in? Haven't done an MMI yet this cycle so it's got me the most nervous of all my interviews so far. Any help would be very much appreciated!!
TheReal-BilboBaggins
Full Member
Thank you, appreciate this.Can’t go into too much detail, but let me just say that I had built it up in my head to where I was terrified when I probably shouldn’t have been. If this is your first MMI, I found it to be a wonderful intro to the MMI format. Just make sure to pace yourself appropriately, because the time can fly by!
For those who interviewed, is there a red exclamation mark next to the file review box on your secondary portal?
southernwatertribe
Full Member
Yes 🙂For those who interviewed, is there a red exclamation mark next to the file review box on your secondary portal?
Hello! After applicants interview with the COM-T, they are placed under review where they go through a series of internal reviews. Since we have a rolling admissions process, applications continue to be re-reviewed each round and we make decisions starting in October through April. Unfortunately, this is the tough waiting period where we don't send email updates or provide updates over the phone. Once we have created our waitlist, we will notify applicants if they are placed on the waitlist at that time. Hope this helps!@AdmissionsOffice Hello! Are we going to be getting update emails if we didn't receive an acceptance call last week?
Thanks in advance for any follow up!
random_username
Full Member
Thank you so much for your reply. So just double checking, the emails from last cycle (like below) that were sent every 2-3 weeks coinciding with rounds of acceptances are not being sent out this cycle?Hello! After applicants interview with the COM-T, they are placed under review where they go through a series of internal reviews. Since we have a rolling admissions process, applications continue to be re-reviewed each round and we make decisions starting in October through April. Unfortunately, this is the tough waiting period where we don't send email updates or provide updates over the phone. Once we have created our waitlist, we will notify applicants if they are placed on the waitlist at that time. Hope this helps!
"The University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson sent out a round of acceptances today. Although you have not been selected at this time, you remain an active candidate in our applicant pool. This is not a rejection letter. You will remain eligible for an acceptance at any time during the season. It is our goal to keep you updated about admissions decisions."
unknownmedboi
Full Member
if so, I want in!anyone know if there's a facebook group for accepted students?
If I am still waitlisted for an II, would it be recommended to send an update letter if I have multiple things worth sending the letter for? If so, is it too late already?
unfortunately, per their WL emails, they do not accept updates or LOIs: "Also, we do not accept application updates or letters of intent"If I am still waitlisted for an II, would it be recommended to send an update letter if I have multiple things worth sending the letter for? If so, is it too late already?
Hi! Has anyone who was waitlisted for an interview received an II? Thank you 🙂
I did!Hi! Has anyone who was waitlisted for an interview received an II? Thank you 🙂
Giving me hope that I might get off the WL and have a shot... I have tons of family in Tucson and would love the chance to go to this school.
Do they accept pre-II updates? I don't see a spot for it on the portal.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No they do not from what I have been told.Do they accept pre-II updates? I don't see a spot for it on the portal.
TheReal-BilboBaggins
Full Member
So tomorrow is the first day in a while that they're supposed to send out some decisions right?!
I think they usually send out updates on Friday! so Friday might be the first day in while they send out some decisions.So tomorrow is the first day in a while that they're supposed to send out some decisions right?!
stressed_premed_2022
Full Member
Just got another interview waitlist email
doctorwannabe252
Full Member
has anyone gotten an R? or does everyone just get the waitlist emails until an II or R at the end of the cycle?