2021-2022 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an II! I think I’ll be receiving the official date tomorrow. It’s on-campus but they said there’s a virtual option too.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Received an II! I think I’ll be receiving the official date tomorrow. It’s on-campus but they said there’s a virtual option too.
When did you submit your secondary? And how long was it until you received a “complete” email

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you submit your secondary? And how long was it until you received a “complete” email
I submitted the secondary Tuesday. I didn’t really get a complete email. It was just acknowledging I submitted the secondary and today they asked me to sign and send a technical standards document.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invites already going out and I don't even have a secondary yet :(((
Congrats on the II though

Interview invites already going out and I don't even have a secondary yet :(((
Congrats on the II though
I feel you my guy, no secondary for me either and I thought I wouldve had a good chance at this school

Do you mind sharing stats? No problem if you aren’t comfortable doing so!

Any non-traditional or 2nd degree students apply this cycle?

Reactions: 2 users
Prompts are unchanged from last year:
1. Please describe a difficult time in your life and how you overcame it. Limit your response to 2-3 paragraphs.
2. Please tell us about a time you felt proud. Limit your response to 2-3 paragraphs.
3. ARCOM students can choose residencies in a wide range of specialties. If you had to pick today, what top 2 specialties would you be interested in learning more about? A narrative is not required, please simply list specialties of interest.
This isn't quite exhaustive, it does ask some other questions, namely these:

1. List any significant volunteer, community service and/or mission experience not previously listed on your AACOMAS application. Provide the organization name, description of duties, hours per week, and duration of experience. *
2. List any additional certificates obtained since you completed the AACOMAS application. Include the certificate name, description, and date obtained/expected to obtain. *
3. List any higher education not previously submitted on your AACOMAS application. Provide institution name, dates attended, degree obtained/expected. *
17. Briefly explain how you are a good fit to the ARCOM mission. *

Any non-traditional or 2nd degree students apply this cycle?
I did their MSB program last year and I am an OMS-1 here now. I am very thankful for the program right now! ARCOM is a great school and you can succeed here with hard work. Best of luck to you all this cycle!

Reactions: 3 users
I did their MSB program last year and I am an OMS-1 here now. I am very thankful for the program right now! ARCOM is a great school and you can succeed here with hard work. Best of luck to you all this cycle!
That’s great to hear! Thank you for this feedback!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m also still waiting on the secondary but I added them later

Anyone else complete the secondary and pay the fee, but that their site not reflect the changes? Their site's checklist says I am currently at like 50% complete.

Yup! I am in the same boat, but it's looking like its normal after touching base with admissions.
Anyone else complete the secondary and pay the fee, but that their site not reflect the changes? Their site's checklist says I am currently at like 50% complete.

For those who received secondary, Did you answer questions regarding any new volunteer, certifications ? I don't have any new updates since submitting AACOMAS application; however, I just finished taking two science classes over the summer so should I say I took those classes for the question that asks about any higher education not previously submitted on my AACOMAS application.

Should we assume we got screened out if we submitted our primary in June and don’t have a secondary yet

Should we assume we got screened out if we submitted our primary in June and don’t have a secondary yet
No. Some people got it automatically but for the people who didn’t they are just now starting to review those primaries and send them secondaries! I emailed them earlier this week.

Is ARCOM OOS friendly? Thanks!!
Even if they wanted to fill their classes with only in-state applicants, I don't think there would be enough applicants with decent stats to fill a class of 150.

Screenshot_20210814-111227_Chrome.jpg

OOS to ARCOM is nearby states as well so keep that in mind lot of attention from regions nearby

Lol got the invitation for virtual open house and it logged me into the explore. application page for the secondary and everything else from the past 2 years, weird it wont let me sign up, just redirects straight to the page.

I am in shock that I got an II 2 days ago when I submitted my secondary about 10 days ago.

Got an interview!!!!! They are giving students the option to either interview in-person or virtual. I chose in-person for the experience. Very excited!! Also for reference, OOS, low mcat but high gpa. received interview same week I submitted II

Does anyone know if they’re doing interviews in-person only or optional in-person this year? On the ChooseDO site, it says optional. But their website and the email following my secondary submission, mentioned on-site interviews.
You have the option for either. They are very understanding in their interview invite email and will allow you to choose the one you want :)

Got an interview!!!!! They are giving students the option to either interview in-person or virtual. I chose in-person for the experience. Very excited!! Also for reference, OOS, low mcat but high gpa. received interview same week I submitted II
I am so excited for you!! Good luck, tell me how you like Fort Smith if you have time!

I was going to ask when you submitted your primary and secondary. I am still waiting for the secondary. But I know they don't give out a lot of secondaries.

You have the option for either. They are very understanding in their interview invite email and will allow you to choose the one you want :)
I actually already interviewed but thanks for taking the time to reply. Congrats on the interview!

For those who are doing virtual, it is pretty relaxed. I heard the in-person ones are the same.

I have my interview this week, any current student or prospective students mind sharing what they like about ARCOM specifically?

I have my interview this week, any current student or prospective students mind sharing what they like about ARCOM specifically?

OMS1 Here.
Med school is tough. Extremely tough. There's no way around it.
But the people at ARCOM are so dedicated. And students are extremely supportive. This dedication makes the inevitable suffering that much more bearable. I don't think many other DO schools has such an environment. Also, don't pick schools based purely on location. Location won't matter. You'll be studying 15+ hours a day anyways. We push though every day knowing that everyone - our CEO, Dean, Professors, and everyone here - EVERYONE is doing absolutely the best they can

Reactions: 2 users
OMS1 Here.
Med school is tough. Extremely tough. There's no way around it.
But the people at ARCOM are so dedicated. And students are extremely supportive. This dedication makes the inevitable suffering that much more bearable. I don't think many other DO schools has such an environment. Also, don't pick schools based purely on location. Location won't matter. You'll be studying 15+ hours a day anyways. We push though every day knowing that everyone - our CEO, Dean, Professors, and everyone here - EVERYONE is doing absolutely the best they can
Dean McClain right? You ever see his dogs on campus? Bernese are adorable

II!! First one. Signed up for Sept 17th in person interview.

I am so excited for you!! Good luck, tell me how you like Fort Smith if you have time!

I was going to ask when you submitted your primary and secondary. I am still waiting for the secondary. But I know they don't give out a lot of secondaries.
Thank you! I will :) I submitted my secondary 8/16 but didn’t send technical standard until 8/19 and then 10 min after I sent it I got an interview invite

I actually already interviewed but thanks for taking the time to reply. Congrats on the interview!

For those who are doing virtual, it is pretty relaxed. I heard the in-person ones are the same.
Awesome! Congrats, Goodluck!!

AACOMAS app was received a month ago, no secondary yet -- should I email them? I know they screen & I'm fine with waiting but curious