2021-2022 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AACOMAS app was received a month ago, no secondary yet -- should I email them? I know they screen & I'm fine with waiting but curious
I am in the same boat as you! Weird not to get any response like "we are working on your app" or something along those lines.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am in the same boat as you! Weird not to get any response like "we are working on your app" or something along those lines.
Same with me. Tbh I kinda prefer it this way because there are a lot of schools that unnecessarily take secondary money from applicants they don't truly intend to review. This school seems to have high percentages of secondaries->interviews and interviews->acceptances. I don't understand why schools would have a low interview->acceptance rate. I would think they would want to interview people they are seriously considering so that they aren't waisting their time and the applicant's.

AACOMAS app was received a month ago, no secondary yet -- should I email them? I know they screen & I'm fine with waiting but curious
Same here but, I am getting worried about being screened out due to my lower sGPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an II from ARCOM. ARCOM offers virtual and on-campus interviews. Is it more beneficial to attend an on-campus interview?

Does anyone know how many interviewees are invited to interview day?

I received an II from ARCOM. ARCOM offers virtual and on-campus interviews. Is it more beneficial to attend an on-campus interview?
Based on what everyone is saying and what a past accepted student told me, they don't care if you're in person or virtual. They don't give out secondary and obviously interviews to people they don't like! You're already in the right direction. Good luck with your interview.

We got people here that interviewed both virtually and in person.
But gotta say that the in person interview helped a lot. It depends on how you like to interview. For me, I perform my best in person.

Reactions: 1 users
In person > virtual. They have raising cane’s right there and a nice brewery, definitely worth the trip. Little ole opry nearby too if you’re into country music, they have a lot of good artists there

Most definitely do an in person interview if you have a chance. There is no substitute for an in person interview. You can see first hand the campus, facilities, the people, the students, the community etc. It also demonstrates that you are seriously interested. The interview is just as much as you looking at ARCOM as it is ARCOM looking at you. It is potentially a place you are going to spend a lot of money and time, so you owe it to yourself to see it first hand.

secondary received 7/26, submitted 8/1 and II on 8/2, OOS

Last edited:
Just received a secondary! OOS Verified 7/5

Members don't see this ad :)
never received a secondary but got put on hold today.. very confused
I am sorry to hear that. I have been put on hold at three different schools. It is not fun, but I hope you hear some good news from other schools!

I received a secondary today. My primary application was confirmed by them on 8/9.
Does this school screen heavily for secondary applications?

last cycle i was deemded not competitive to get a secondary. this cycle by just rewriting things and adding a few activites i recieved one. I could cry at how much hope this has given me !

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
last cycle i was deemded not competitive to get a secondary. this cycle by just rewriting things and adding a few activites i recieved one. I could cry at how much hope this has given me !
Omg same here!! I am grateful for another chance. Sending you all the luck!

• Care
Just got a secondary!!!!! Uber pumped!
Edit: does anyone know what dates are available? want to book a flight, just planning

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Does any current ARCOM student have advice for interviews? What should I expect?

I got accepted into Arcom! For anyone who was wondering, they called me today (Tuesday) at around 8:20pm NY time which is a hour ahead of their time zone. I interviewed 11 days earlier aug 20.

Reactions: 6 users
I got accepted today, too! I interviewed on 8/20/21, and they called me at 7:30 PM while I was painting my nails lol

also accepted today! Interviewed 8/20, received the call at 7:30 central time:)

Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted into Arcom! For anyone who was wondering, they called me today (Tuesday) at around 8:20pm NY time which is a hour ahead of their time zone. I interviewed 11 days earlier aug 20.
Congrats! Do you have any insight on the interview or any advcice?

Congrats! Do you have any insight on the interview or any advcice?
it's a blind interview with a community and faculty member. Just be yourself and let them know who you are and why you want to be a doctor. They have a mission to serve underserved communities in Arkansas, and want to know if you are a good fit for that mission.

Interview invite yesterday! I am OOS, and I also filled out a LOR waiver so if anyone is worried about that, you can still get an II!

Interview invite yesterday! I am OOS, and I also filled out a LOR waiver so if anyone is worried about that, you can still get an II!
Hey congrats!!! See you’re from texas; same here! How long after submitting the LoR waiver did you hear back from them about it being approved?

Hey congrats!!! See you’re from texas; same here! How long after submitting the LoR waiver did you hear back from them about it being approved?
About a week! And then I got the II like a day afterward, not sure if thats typical or not! and thank you!

About a week! And then I got the II like a day afterward, not sure if thats typical or not! and thank you!
Awesome submitted mine on thursday and haven't heard anything back. started to get worried!!

Has anyone here not taken CASPER? The website says it is not required but highly recommended, so I don't know if I should spend my $ or not lol

• Hmm
Just got the call! First acceptance of the cycle! Interviewed 8/24. OOS, 500 MCAT, 3.81 GPA. There’s hope for the lower stats:)

Reactions: 7 users
Just got the call! First acceptance of the cycle! Interviewed 8/24. OOS, 500 MCAT, 3.81 GPA. There’s hope for the lower stats:)
Congrats! Just got an interview invite this afternoon. Did you interview in person or virtually?

I think people had mentioned this, but just to reiterate for people that have yet to interview: I interviewed virtually 08/31 and it was very relaxed. Do not stress about this interview. Everyone is super welcoming. It's cliche, but just be yourself.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I think people had mentioned this, but just to reiterate for people that have yet to interview: I interviewed virtually 08/31 and it was very relaxed. Do not stress about this interview. Everyone is super welcoming. It's cliche, but just be yourself.
Wishing you the best of luck! Hoping you get in!!

• Care
What is the dress code for the on-campus interview? Sorry if it sounds like a silly question I’ve only ever virtually interviewed lol.

What is the dress code for the on-campus interview? Sorry if it sounds like a silly question I’ve only ever virtually interviewed lol.
In person interviews are business casual. Dark suits for masculine attire, and female attire is usually skirts or pant suits. You should dress your best but not in a silly way. Personally I do wear fun socks though.

got an II a day back, but all their September interview dates are booked. The soonest I could get in for was October 8th. Think that will impact my chances??