You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Boston University
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Awesome! Was this via email or on the portal?II just now!!!!!! my first one of the cycle and BU is my absolute top choice i'm so happy 😀 complete 7/14
I was notified via email!Awesome! Was this via email or on the portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!!! I can't help but keep checking that darn portal every day, haha.II today!!!!!! my first one of the cycle and BU is my absolute top choice i'm so happy 😀 complete 7/14
seminolenumerouno
Full Member
II today!! Complete 7/19, OOS, URM, LM 70, strong mission fit. Top OOS choice so hype!
II today, OOS, URM, LM 74!! So excited!!
D
deleted1111654
Congrats! When did you submit?II today, OOS, URM, LM 74!! So excited!!
Submitted 7/15, marked complete 7/19Congrats! When did you submit?
How long does it take Casper to update on your application page? I submitted my secondary and Casper scores about 2 days ago but it still says “no casper on file” and I know they get sent instantly so I wasn’t sure
I took it 2 months ago, got my score and everything. It just isn’t marked as received on my BU portal.When did you take Casper? It takes a few weeks for it to get scored.
Still seeing “*** No CASPer score found in your record. ***”
I had the same issue! The status updated about a week after I sent my CASPER to BU. I think it transmits within 24 hours but BU just takes a while to update the portal.I took it 2 months ago, got my score and everything. It just isn’t marked as received on my BU portal.
Still seeing “*** No CASPer score found in your record. ***”
itdobelikethatsometimes
Full Member
I had a similar issue too! I definitely suggest writing a short and sweet message to BU on the portal if you haven't already, as it was suggested by them to let them know if there is any updated material added as a part of your application. I did that and I was quickly notified that my scores were received a day or two after. Good luck!! 🙂I took it 2 months ago, got my score and everything. It just isn’t marked as received on my BU portal.
Still seeing “*** No CASPer score found in your record. ***”
Drinking-coffeeeeee
Full Member
OOS II received today! LM 75 complete 7/26!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I noticed that too! Also, I received an II yesterday and was complete 7/21.Looking at the submit times here and on the interview tracker, looks like BU is really sticking to reviewing applications chronologically
LM: 75, ORM, OOS
D
deleted1111835
lol at me being complete 7/20 and hearing nothingI noticed that too! Also, I received an II yesterday and was complete 7/21.
LM: 75, ORM, OOS
cs_doc
Full Member
That doesn’t mean they review completely linearly. What I meant was that some schools very clearly push applicants way ahead of the queue based on their MCAT scores. Other factors likely play a role in how Boston queues their review, but unlike other stat ****** (looking at you Pritzker), submit date seems to heavily factorComplete 7/19 and nada 🙁
Inbutanxious
Full Member
Did everyone who receive their II submit secondary within two weeks? I had to push to the 3 weeks deadline because of a family emergency and was wondering if that tank my opportunity 🙁
i submitted like a month after i got it!! secondary recieved 6/29 and i was complete 7/20, just got an II today so i think you are totally fine!!Did everyone who receive their II submit secondary within two weeks? I had to push to the 3 weeks deadline because of a family emergency and was wondering if that tank my opportunity 🙁
Inbutanxious
Full Member
Okay thank you for sharing! Congrats on the II!!i submitted like a month after i got it!! secondary recieved 6/29 and i was complete 7/20, just got an II today so i think you are totally fine!!
np, thank you so much! i hope things are getting better with your fam, good luck with the rest of the cycle!!Okay thank you for sharing! Congrats on the II!!
Hi, can someone comment on the structure of the interview day or a general schedule? I only see the start time on my portal. Thanks
A new tab called "Interview Details & Events" should pop up after you refresh a couple times. There are 3 components to your "interview day" consisting of Intro to BUSM, Student Panel, and your interview itself. You can use the new tab to sign up for the Intro to BUSM (90 minutes) and Student Panel (60 minutes).Hi, can someone comment on the structure of the interview day or a general schedule? I only see the start time on my portal. Thanks
neuriobioliogy
Full Member
very chill and conversation-like! mine took about 45min-1hrhey, can anyone comment on how their interviews went?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really enjoyed both but especially the intro session. Dr. Goodell seems like a gem. She gave great information about the school and was very receptive to questions.can anyone share what the intro session and student panel are like? super excited to attend these soon!!
D
deleted1111654
Omg congrats! when were you complete?Not to send y'all into a frenzy, but I randomly checked portal and it says invited for interview, but I haven't gotten email yet?
Thanks! 7/30. I think I'll wait in case I'm being punked by admissions hahaOmg congrats! when were you complete?
212kindofgal
Full Member
Is it normal to not hear anything back from all of the schools you applied to? I applied to 23 schools and not a peep from any single one lmao * I was complete the first week of July for 90% of them
Yes, it's normal!Is it normal to not hear anything back from all of the schools you applied to? I applied to 23 schools and not a peep from any single one lmao * I was complete the first week of July for 90% of them
bluenette23
Full Member
Received II at 4:00PM!! 522/3.99, OOS with very strong ties to Boston. This is my top choice, I cannot believe that I'm writing this right now... Interview scheduled for 10/14
D
deleted1074206
I had something similar happen to me around two weeks ago. I think the email inviting you for an interview is delayed. I scheduled my interview and ultimately never got an official interview invite email, only interview confirmation emails 🙂Not to send y'all into a frenzy, but I randomly checked portal and it says invited for interview, but I haven't gotten email yet?
Yup, that's exactly what happened to me!I had something similar happen to me around two weeks ago. I think the email inviting you for an interview is delayed. I scheduled my interview and ultimately never got an official interview invite email, only interview confirmation emails 🙂
psychedout!!!
Full Member
not me complete 7/26 and not hearing anything 🙃🙃 everything is fine
Lol complete 7/19 with a stupid number of service + research hours and checking the portal every daynot me complete 7/26 and not hearing anything 🙃🙃 everything is fine
what made it stressful if you don't mind me asking? im interviewing soon and im a little spooked!!just had the interview … most stressful hour of my life
neuriobioliogy
Full Member
does anyone who has interviewed know how to send a thank you letter to the interviewer? do we upload it to the portal or send it to the interviewer directly?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait are you for real…. Why was it stressful!? I thought BU was supposed to be a chill interview!?just had the interview … most stressful hour of my life
I feel like it just comes down to the interviewer. I just had a ridiculously tough interview from a school that everyone claimed to be really chill, but my interviewer told me at the end that he likes grilling applicants.Wait are you for real…. Why was it stressful!? I thought BU was supposed to be a chill interview!?
my interviewer just asked me a lot of difficult ethical questions, I think it does depend on the interviewer which sucks because I feel like i'd have a better chance if my interview was chill and friendlyWait are you for real…. Why was it stressful!? I thought BU was supposed to be a chill interview!?
Actually, this is all over the place and there is really no way to know. The only thing that is for certain is that you leave the chill interview feeling better. You have absolutely no way to know whether or not the person conducting the stress interview is actually very generous in their evaluation of you, and vice versa. This is why the adcoms universally say we suck at judging our own interview performance.my interviewer just asked me a lot of difficult ethical questions, I think it does depend on the interviewer which sucks because I feel like i'd have a better chance if my interview was chill and friendly
Just to add to this thread... My interview here was very relaxed. Not any ethics questions. Very much just conversational about my experiences etc.Actually, this is all over the place and there is really no way to know. The only thing that is for certain is that you leave the chill interview feeling better. You have absolutely no way to know whether or not the person conducting the stress interview is actually very generous in their evaluation of you, and vice versa. This is why the adcoms universally say we suck at judging our own interview performance.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K