You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Boston University
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got the R, but I must say that was the nicest rejection email I’ve received so far
Does it say anything on your portal for application status?Just got the R, but I must say that was the nicest rejection email I’ve received so far
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My portal status says “Regretfully, we are unable to offer you an interview” but I received an email.Does it say anything on your portal for application status?
Thanks! I was complete 7/15I am sorry 🙁. When were you complete?
Thanks friend, best of luck to you!My portal status says “Regretfully, we are unable to offer you an interview” but I received an email.
Thanks! I was complete 7/15
lupomed123
Full Member
+1 Definitely very nice, but still sad 🙁 Complete 07/15, LM 73, Canadian, ORM, 4th quartile casperJust got the R, but I must say that was the nicest rejection email I’ve received so far
212kindofgal
Full Member
I wish all other schools will tell us this early about getting rejected instead of simply ghosting us
Last edited:
Got the R this morning! good luck everyone 😀
D
deleted1111654
Sorry 😞 When were you complete?Just got a nice solid R, lol
Aah sorry about that, when were you complete?Hopping on this R train woot woot!
D
deleted1111654
You got this! Good luck this cycleJust caught the R also, MA resident with some ties to the school, LM score 66. this was one of my favorite schools by a mile and my second time applying so its pretty heartbreaking
D
deleted993132
+1 on the R. Complete 07/19. LM66. OOS no ties.
Edited to add: 4th Quartile CASPer
Edited to add: 4th Quartile CASPer
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
braingeek0409
Full Member
I can't believe they rejected you. I would lowkey beg you to come to my school if I owned a medical school, lol.Hopping on this R train woot woot!
Thank you 🥺❤️I can't believe they rejected you. I would lowkey beg you to come to my school if I owned a medical school, lol.
First rejection of the cycle!
D
deleted1111835
good things ahead bestie!! when were you complete? anticipating mine in a fewFirst rejection of the cycle!
7/16! And thanks, I was actually low key kind of stoked to just start hearing from schools.good things ahead bestie!! when were you complete? anticipating mine in a few
Not MAMS, but MS alumnus and reapplicant. My friend in MAMS get her II last year in November. I got an II in the last week of interviews in mid-January. Be patient, it's still really early.Current MAMS students or alumni, what’s your status? II? R? Radio silence like me?
212kindofgal
Full Member
just curious, how do you already have 9 Rs?Not MAMS, but MS alumnus and reapplicant. My friend in MAMS get her II last year in November. I got an II in the last week of interviews in mid-January. Be patient, it's still really early.
EDIT: dont wanna sound so rude, but i’ve literally heard nothing from the 23 schools i applied to ;__;
Thank you for easing my anxiety 🥰Not MAMS, but MS alumnus and reapplicant. My friend in MAMS get her II last year in November. I got an II in the last week of interviews in mid-January. Be patient, it's still really early.
I applied to a lot of schools. I don't want to list the exact number because I don't want to scare anyone. I applied to a lot because of my low ugrad GPA, and because of that I got screened out of a lot of schools. Surprisingly, DO schools have pretty strict GPA cutoffs and don't have a truly holistic view of GPA trends. 3 are pre-sec Rs from DO schools. 4 are pre-sec Rs from MD schools. and 2 are pre-II Rs.just curious, how do you already have 9 Rs?
EDIT: dont wanna sound so rude, but i’ve literally heard nothing from the 23 schools i applied to ;__;
NaKATPase413
ORM, CA RESIDENT, LM 76.7, WARS 79 (Readjusted)
HoosierScience77
Full Member
Hey! I resemble that remark!
NaKATPase413
ORM, CA RESIDENT, LM 76.7, WARS 79 (Readjusted)
Any new II's or R's? Also, I noticed that BU specified two waves of interviews. The first is September to November. However, does this mean that first wave interview invites would stop going out around mid October?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sundaycoffee
New Member
I got an II yesterday! I’m also confused about the two waves of interviews. They call it 2 “rounds” - please tell me that doesn’t mean we have to interview twice??? lolAny new II's or R's? Also, I noticed that BU specified two waves of interviews. The first is September to November. However, does this mean that first wave interview invites would stop going out around mid October?
No. From what I know, BU has two "selection meetings", one in November and one in February. In these meetings they go through the applications + interview reports and make decisions, so their decisions are released in two touchpoints.I got an II yesterday! I’m also confused about the two waves of interviews. They call it 2 “rounds” - please tell me that doesn’t mean we have to interview twice??? lol
no, just one interview.I got an II yesterday! I’m also confused about the two waves of interviews. They call it 2 “rounds” - please tell me that doesn’t mean we have to interview twice??? lol
BU will take a pause in inviting people for interviews while they review their first set, then send out more about a month later. Their site says they interview Sept to Feb.
D
deleted1111654
Has anyone received any R’s?
look one page back, the R's have begun.seems to be a hiatus today....look one page back, the R's have begun.
Anyone complete past 7/19 get an R yesterday? 7/20 complete here with silence...
+II OOS! 🙂
doctorhalstead
Full Member
Congrats!
When were you guys complete?
When were you guys complete?
Late July for myself!Congrats!
When were you guys complete?
hannmarden
Full Member
+1 OOS II, complete 7/26!
D
deleted1074206
Had my interview here earlier this week...was so conversational and fun! not stressful at all, basic questions about my application (open-file)
Time to mention your dedication to service sometime during your interview 🙂II yday night, ORM LM 77, extremely high research, not really that much service to the underserved, just 2 activities. one abroad that was a month long and another in the US that was 6 months long, so kind of surprised I got one. I heard this school loves service.
haha, always love doing that. I told a school Monday that would love to go there because of its small class size and then told a school Tuesday that I'd love to go because of its very large class size.Time to mention your dedication to service sometime during your interview 🙂
wormofsecrets
Full Member
oos II received just now!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! When were you complete?oos II received just now!
wormofsecrets
Full Member
7/27 for those of you who have interviewed, did y’all get a confirmation email about the interview itself? I’ve only revived confirmation about the prior info sessions.Congrats!! When were you complete?
neuroticism101
Full Member
I received a confirmation for the interview itself the next day with the email subject "Boston University School of Medicine; Interview Confirmation". And then it seems like they send out a reminder about a week ahead of time.7/27 for those of you who have interviewed, did y’all get a confirmation email about the interview itself? I’ve only revived confirmation about the prior info sessions.
wormofsecrets
Full Member
Great thank you so much! I was worried since I revived the other emails but not for the interview itself. It seems they send them out the next day.I received a confirmation for the interview itself the next day with the email subject "Boston University School of Medicine; Interview Confirmation". And then it seems like they send out a reminder about a week ahead of time.
How do we know if there is an information session before/after our interview? I saw that it may not be available on each of those dates.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K