2021-2022 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this evening! Reapplicant, sent an update last week

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow pre II rejection last night. 3.4 GPA. below 500 mcat.
Seems like they are holistic but I guess not. I sent an update two weeks ago.

Would anyone be able to tell me what the interview was like? What time of questions did you receive? I would greatly appreciate it!

Reactions: 1 user
So this could just be my experience but it was a very standard question and answer type interview. Not very conversational and a lot of awkward pauses. I am not allowed to share specific questions but be prepared for the usual questions
was it open or closed file?

Has anyone with low stats been accepted yet. Sub 500 mcat? Gpa less than 3.3 with upward trend
Thanks!

Got an email my app was actively under review like a month ago. Radio silence since. Is there still a chance to get an II now or is it wishful thinking at this point in the cycle?

does anyone know if there are still open seats ? or are we just interviewing for a waitlist now

Got an email my app was actively under review like a month ago. Radio silence since. Is there still a chance to get an II now or is it wishful thinking at this point in the cycle?
I got an email for an interview last week. There's still a chance!

So this could just be my experience but it was a very standard question and answer type interview. Not very conversational and a lot of awkward pauses. I am not allowed to share specific questions but be prepared for the usual questions
My interview was so different! It was very conversational and my interviewers were engaging and kind. I agree about the question types and would only add that SDN has existing info on the types of questions you may encounter.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got invited to interview! Was not expecting this so late in the cycle.

ii today as well! Hoping it isn't too late in the cycle...

II received. Scheduled for 3/31, which is the earliest. Do we even have seats left, or are we just the extra waitlisters for people that cancel last min? lol

II received. Scheduled for 3/31, which is the earliest. Do we even have seats left, or are we just the extra waitlisters for people that cancel last min? lol
When I scheduled there was this Thursday and next Tuesday which conflicted with my work schedule. But looks like there we’re a couple dates.

most likely wait list

what was the interview like? more conversational or pretty formal? anyone have any tips?

what was the interview like? more conversational or pretty formal? anyone have any tips?
Mine was conversational and I actually really enjoyed talking to my interviewers but I also know that some people got the opposite and had a more formal interview. Best advice is be yourself. The questions aren’t there to trick you, they just want to know more about you and the way you essentially think. Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Mine was conversational and I actually really enjoyed talking to my interviewers but I also know that some people got the opposite and had a more formal interview. Best advice is be yourself. The questions aren’t there to trick you, they just want to know more about you and the way you essentially think. Good luck!
Thank you so much !!

Hey guys I just got an interview for BCOM in April, does anyone know what my real chances are at an acceptance? I don't want to think negatively but getting an interview in April is extremely late in the cycle :/

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed within the last month heard back yet?

It’s probably going to be tomorrow for Feb 18 people, and next week for 22 people.

At least I’m hoping based on earlier things.

Any idea if there is heavy waitlist movement at BCOM? Got waitlisted several months ago and hoping I can get off.

Hopefully decisions come out today. I’m a bit anxious. The suspense!!

Any current students willing to chat with me about Burrell? I have an acceptance here and at other schools and my deposit is due soon so I’m trying to get as much info as I can

Any current students willing to chat with me about Burrell? I have an acceptance here and at other schools and my deposit is due soon so I’m trying to get as much info as I can
When was your interview?