2021-2022 Charles R. Drew

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:
+1

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I just received a "still under review" email. I thought it was going to be the big R. Maybe they're buttering me up
same I can’t tell if this is a glimmer of hope for us or preparation for an R

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm if I had to guess, maybe they have a three tier system (A, WL, and “under review”) since they sent WL emails about a month ago. It’s a small program so I can see why they like to have all of their options open to the detriment of our anxious waiting. So as folks drop, maybe people are moved up a tier?

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted !!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted, but will likely turn down acceptance if offered. Unless I miraculously was offered the Geffen, but unlikely lol. Good luck to all of you wherever you end up!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted, but will likely turn down acceptance if offered. Unless I miraculously was offered the Geffen, but unlikely lol. Good luck to all of you wherever you end up!
Did you get the email today?

Accepted off waitlist today! Will likely be turning down my A after I call about financial aid!

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Also accepted off waitlist today :) Will also be making decision after finding out about financial aid.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Did you both get the WL email?
I did! I also got the "We said no for the main program, but we see you on that CDU waitlist tho" email from UCLA, since I applied to the main DGSOM program as well.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Does that mean those who didn’t get the WL email are basically impending R’s?

• Sad
Admitted last week! Will be turning down tonight due to financial aid. I hope this spot goes to another well deserving student. I have a lot of friends going to UCLA, so I know y’all will be in good company!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Admitted last week! Will be turning down tonight due to financial aid. I hope this spot goes to another well deserving student. I have a lot of friends going to UCLA, so I know y’all will be in good company!
Congrats ! Did you receive Drew's financial aid offer or just UCLA's?

Congrats ! Did you receive Drew's financial aid offer or just UCLA's?
Also, just to relay what I've been told, but Drew does not give aid. This is going against what current MS1s say but I was told this directly from admissions. They do not have a separate fin aid or scholarship committee and all aid comes from DGSOM. This may be recent due to CDU attempting to become its own med school, that's just my speculation.

Also, just to relay what I've been told, but Drew does not give aid. This is going against what current MS1s say but I was told this directly from admissions. They do not have a separate fin aid or scholarship committee and all aid comes from DGSOM. This may be recent due to CDU attempting to become its own med school, that's just my speculation.
Thank you! I was super confused by this... good to know

got the call from Dr. Calmes yesterday telling me I got the LA Care Scholarship !!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Accepted off WL last nite!
😩❤️🔥

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
has anyone heard of or know someone who has gotten into Drew after getting the still under review email ?

I just got my first A and looking at the CYMS UCLA/Drew doesn't even come up as me being on the alternate list lmfao (received an under review)

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how we can find match data specifically for CDU? I know it's mixed with DGSOM's match data, but is there anyway to separate it?

There’s no way to separate it. Looking at DGSOM match list as a whole everyone matches well including the CDU students .

The CDU/UCLA MEP and UCLA traditional MD program are similar enough that as a CDU/UCLA student you get everything the UCLA-only students get. The difference is that you also have the support of a whole other school with it’s associated staff + faculty. You may have priority for certain rotation sites and also have a capstone project to complete as part of the program. Though the CDU/UCLA program is undeniably more mission based than UCLA, you have the same “baseline” educational opportunities. So as a CDU/UCLA student you can match anywhere a UCLA-only student can and because of that it’s impossible to separate the two match lists in any meaningful way.

Reactions: 2 users