You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Charles R. Drew
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
same I can’t tell if this is a glimmer of hope for us or preparation for an RI just received a "still under review" email. I thought it was going to be the big R. Maybe they're buttering me up
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
looks like itSame! Did everyone get this email?
Hmmm if I had to guess, maybe they have a three tier system (A, WL, and “under review”) since they sent WL emails about a month ago. It’s a small program so I can see why they like to have all of their options open to the detriment of our anxious waiting. So as folks drop, maybe people are moved up a tier?
Readytogo8
Full Member
Congrats!! 🥳🥳Just got accepted !!!!!!
Thank you 😍Congrats!! 🥳🥳
Congrats!!!Just got accepted !!!!!!
Congratulations!!! 🥳Just got accepted !!!!!!
MY GUY!!!!! CONGRATS!!!Just got accepted !!!!!!
AWWW CONGRATS!!!!!Just got accepted !!!!!!
Thank you !!😍Congratulations!!! 🥳
THANK YOU !!!! 😊MY GUY!!!!! CONGRATS!!!
THANK YOU !!😊AWWW CONGRATS!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank You!!😊Congrats!!!
any updates?
None on my end. This school’s communication and lack of transparency has to be one of the most frustrating among all the schoolsany updates?
Did you get the email today?Waitlisted, but will likely turn down acceptance if offered. Unless I miraculously was offered the Geffen, but unlikely lol. Good luck to all of you wherever you end up!
No, I got it awhile agoDid you get the email today?
Accepted off waitlist today! Will likely be turning down my A after I call about financial aid!
purple_hydrangea
Full Member
Also accepted off waitlist today 🙂 Will also be making decision after finding out about financial aid.
purple_hydrangea
Full Member
I did! I also got the "We said no for the main program, but we see you on that CDU waitlist tho" email from UCLA, since I applied to the main DGSOM program as well.Did you both get the WL email?
Does that mean those who didn’t get the WL email are basically impending R’s?
It's seeming like it 🥲Does that mean those who didn’t get the WL email are basically impending R’s?
Admitted last week! Will be turning down tonight due to financial aid. I hope this spot goes to another well deserving student. I have a lot of friends going to UCLA, so I know y’all will be in good company!
Congrats ! Did you receive Drew's financial aid offer or just UCLA's?Admitted last week! Will be turning down tonight due to financial aid. I hope this spot goes to another well deserving student. I have a lot of friends going to UCLA, so I know y’all will be in good company!
Drew directed me to UCLA for their financial aid. All of Geffen and LA Cares awards have been awarded.Congrats ! Did you receive Drew's financial aid offer or just UCLA's?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok! Thanks !Drew directed me to UCLA for their financial aid. All of Geffen and LA Cares awards have been awarded.
Also, just to relay what I've been told, but Drew does not give aid. This is going against what current MS1s say but I was told this directly from admissions. They do not have a separate fin aid or scholarship committee and all aid comes from DGSOM. This may be recent due to CDU attempting to become its own med school, that's just my speculation.Congrats ! Did you receive Drew's financial aid offer or just UCLA's?
Thank you! I was super confused by this... good to knowAlso, just to relay what I've been told, but Drew does not give aid. This is going against what current MS1s say but I was told this directly from admissions. They do not have a separate fin aid or scholarship committee and all aid comes from DGSOM. This may be recent due to CDU attempting to become its own med school, that's just my speculation.
Awesome !!!! Congrats !got the call from Dr. Calmes yesterday telling me I got the LA Care Scholarship !!!!!
Mrs.MD-Hopeful
Full Member
Congratulations!!🎉got the call from Dr. Calmes yesterday telling me I got the LA Care Scholarship !!!!!
Sportsfan1995
New Member
Congratulations!!! You deserve it🙂🙌🏿got the call from Dr. Calmes yesterday telling me I got the LA Care Scholarship !!!!!
Readytogo8
Full Member
Congrats 🥳🥳Accepted off WL last nite!
😩❤️🔥
CONGRATS!Accepted off WL last nite!
😩❤️🔥
ayeeeeeee! Congrats !!Accepted off WL last nite!
😩❤️🔥
CONGRATS OMG!!!Accepted off WL last nite!
😩❤️🔥
Accepted off WL last nite!
[emoji30][emoji3590][emoji91]
DUDEEEEE
Congrats! Holler at me if you need GroupMe/FB links 🥳Accepted off WL last nite!
😩❤️🔥
has anyone heard of or know someone who has gotten into Drew after getting the still under review email ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Readytogo8
Full Member
Sounds like a miracle 🙁has anyone heard of or know someone who has gotten into Drew after getting the still under review email ?
The CDU/UCLA MEP and UCLA traditional MD program are similar enough that as a CDU/UCLA student you get everything the UCLA-only students get. The difference is that you also have the support of a whole other school with it’s associated staff + faculty. You may have priority for certain rotation sites and also have a capstone project to complete as part of the program. Though the CDU/UCLA program is undeniably more mission based than UCLA, you have the same “baseline” educational opportunities. So as a CDU/UCLA student you can match anywhere a UCLA-only student can and because of that it’s impossible to separate the two match lists in any meaningful way.