You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Charles R. Drew
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
same...
I think everyone accepted their spot because they're waiting for financial aid offers and still weighing their options, so we may not have a second wave for a while.
Let's just keep our hopes up, just a little longer 🤞🏼 there's about to be so much shuffling these next few months!
Let's just keep our hopes up, just a little longer 🤞🏼 there's about to be so much shuffling these next few months!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You’re probably right but omg this wait is beyond annoying!?!I think everyone accepted their spot because they're waiting for financial aid offers and still weighing their options, so we may not have a second wave for a while.
Let's just keep our hopes up, just a little longer 🤞🏼 there's about to be so much shuffling these next few months!
impostor_syndrOhm
impostorsyndrOhm
idk i understand the wait for decisions but for me it's the complete lack of communication or answering phone calls/emails from anyone about where they're at that's frustrating the living hell out of meYou’re probably right but omg this wait is beyond annoying!?!
Some person I know IRL got a Geffen. Not clear if all of them have been given out or not.
Sportsfan1995
New Member
I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! I AM IN SHOCK!!! THANK YOU GOD🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿 GOD BLESS EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM
OMG congrats!!!I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! I AM IN SHOCK!!! THANK YOU GOD🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿 GOD BLESS EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! I AM IN SHOCK!!! THANK YOU GOD🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿 GOD BLESS EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM
Congratulations!!!I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! I AM IN SHOCK!!! THANK YOU GOD🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿 GOD BLESS EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM
YES!! congrats 🙂I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! I AM IN SHOCK!!! THANK YOU GOD🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿 GOD BLESS EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM
Congratulations!!!! 🎉🎊I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! I AM IN SHOCK!!! THANK YOU GOD🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿 GOD BLESS EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM
Does this mean another wave of decisions has started?
Just got hit with a formal waitlist email
impostor_syndrOhm
impostorsyndrOhm
+1 formal WL woohoo
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted913482
+3
Is no WL an automatic R?Just got hit with a formal waitlist email
Readytogo8
Full Member
lol I'm thinking thisIs no WL an automatic R?
shawnofthepremed
New Member
im so sad lolIs no WL an automatic R?
kev100roma
New Member
+1im so sad lol
They might have also not sent out all the WLs yetim so sad lol
.......
Wow I didn’t get the WL email 🙁
Me neither ...Wow I didn’t get the WL email 🙁
Multiple lolHey fam... has anyone sent a letter of intent?
Thanks and LOL okay. say less.... *types letter*Multiple lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, did they reply back when you sent them?Multiple lol
I sent a LOI a month ago and never got a read receipt. CDU is notorious for that.Also, did they reply back when you sent them?
NopeAlso, did they reply back when you sent them?
ugh ! this sucks !I sent a LOI a month ago and never got a read receipt. CDU is notorious for that.
Yeah I sent a LOI too but didn’t get any acknowledgment of receipt
dang ... they're leaving us all on readYeah I sent a LOI too but didn’t get any acknowledgment of receipt
impostor_syndrOhm
impostorsyndrOhm
Reading past threads apparently the communication from adcoms here has been this bad for years...is there any way we can contact them (lol)/leave feedback on how bad it's been?...idk maybe wishful thinking that we could have any impact on their process but like for the sake of future applicants i don't want anyone to have to go through this lmao
i know the staff for this program at CDU is limited but Geffen must have hella resources...like I'm sure they could do something to improve the communication right? Literally things just as simple as picking up their phone, acknowledging LoIs, giving mid-cycle mass email updates would quell so many applicants' confusion and anxieties
i know the staff for this program at CDU is limited but Geffen must have hella resources...like I'm sure they could do something to improve the communication right? Literally things just as simple as picking up their phone, acknowledging LoIs, giving mid-cycle mass email updates would quell so many applicants' confusion and anxieties
I agree. Maybe we could reach out to the med students who hosted the medical student panel. Hopefully, they can pass on our concerns.Reading past threads apparently the communication from adcoms here has been this bad for years...is there any way we can contact them (lol)/leave feedback on how bad it's been?...idk maybe wishful thinking that we could have any impact on their process but like for the sake of future applicants i don't want anyone to have to go through this lmao
i know the staff for this program at CDU is limited but Geffen must have hella resources...like I'm sure they could do something to improve the communication right? Literally things just as simple as picking up their phone, acknowledging LoIs, giving mid-cycle mass email updates would quell so many applicants' confusion and anxieties
impostor_syndrOhm
impostorsyndrOhm
Great idea! I’ll see if I can email the ones for mineI agree. Maybe we could reach out to the med students who hosted the medical student panel. Hopefully, they can pass on our concerns.
I addressed it to the Admissions Committee of CDU/UCLA and sent it to the admissions email. I also cc'd Daphne Calmes. Never got a reply so idk if this is the best bet but it was what was recommended to me by a current studentHello. Who did you guys address your letter of intent to?
Okay. Thanks so much !I addressed it to the Admissions Committee of CDU/UCLA and sent it to the admissions email. I also cc'd Daphne Calmes. Never got a reply so idk if this is the best bet but it was what was recommended to me by a current student
This is what I did. I feel like it was received because it was referenced in my admissions/financial aid call.I addressed it to the Admissions Committee of CDU/UCLA and sent it to the admissions email. I also cc'd Daphne Calmes. Never got a reply so idk if this is the best bet but it was what was recommended to me by a current student
Perfect! They never mentioned it in mine. Ms. Perkins just asked me if I was tired of snow and cold weather yet 😂This is what I did. I feel like it was received because it was referenced in my admissions/financial aid call.
sighh
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone hear anything lately?
I imagine people will hear back toward the end of this month. In about 2 weeks we have to narrow to 3 acceptances. Then after second look, people only have another week to make a decision on which school to commit to. May be a bit too early for more newsAnyone hear anything lately?
Readytogo8
Full Member
I just received a "still under review" email. I thought it was going to be the big R. Maybe they're buttering me up
literally same lolI just received a "still under review" email. I thought it was going to be the big R. Maybe they're buttering me up