2021-2022 Charles R. Drew

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
👀👀👀

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I think everyone accepted their spot because they're waiting for financial aid offers and still weighing their options, so we may not have a second wave for a while.
Let's just keep our hopes up, just a little longer 🤞🏼 there's about to be so much shuffling these next few months!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think everyone accepted their spot because they're waiting for financial aid offers and still weighing their options, so we may not have a second wave for a while.
Let's just keep our hopes up, just a little longer 🤞🏼 there's about to be so much shuffling these next few months!
You’re probably right but omg this wait is beyond annoying!?!

Reactions: 1 user
You’re probably right but omg this wait is beyond annoying!?!
idk i understand the wait for decisions but for me it's the complete lack of communication or answering phone calls/emails from anyone about where they're at that's frustrating the living hell out of me

Some person I know IRL got a Geffen. Not clear if all of them have been given out or not.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! I AM IN SHOCK!!! THANK YOU GOD🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿 GOD BLESS EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! I AM IN SHOCK!!! THANK YOU GOD🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿 GOD BLESS EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM
Congratulations!!!! 🎉🎊
Does this mean another wave of decisions has started?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Frustrated Good Girls GIF by NBC

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got hit with a formal waitlist email

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
+4

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Do they do post-II Rs? Or is everyone just WL’d

Hey fam... has anyone sent a letter of intent?

Yeah I sent a LOI too but didn’t get any acknowledgment of receipt

Reading past threads apparently the communication from adcoms here has been this bad for years...is there any way we can contact them (lol)/leave feedback on how bad it's been?...idk maybe wishful thinking that we could have any impact on their process but like for the sake of future applicants i don't want anyone to have to go through this lmao

i know the staff for this program at CDU is limited but Geffen must have hella resources...like I'm sure they could do something to improve the communication right? Literally things just as simple as picking up their phone, acknowledging LoIs, giving mid-cycle mass email updates would quell so many applicants' confusion and anxieties

Reactions: 1 users
Reading past threads apparently the communication from adcoms here has been this bad for years...is there any way we can contact them (lol)/leave feedback on how bad it's been?...idk maybe wishful thinking that we could have any impact on their process but like for the sake of future applicants i don't want anyone to have to go through this lmao

i know the staff for this program at CDU is limited but Geffen must have hella resources...like I'm sure they could do something to improve the communication right? Literally things just as simple as picking up their phone, acknowledging LoIs, giving mid-cycle mass email updates would quell so many applicants' confusion and anxieties
I agree. Maybe we could reach out to the med students who hosted the medical student panel. Hopefully, they can pass on our concerns.

Hello. Who did you guys address your letter of intent to?

Hello. Who did you guys address your letter of intent to?
I addressed it to the Admissions Committee of CDU/UCLA and sent it to the admissions email. I also cc'd Daphne Calmes. Never got a reply so idk if this is the best bet but it was what was recommended to me by a current student

I addressed it to the Admissions Committee of CDU/UCLA and sent it to the admissions email. I also cc'd Daphne Calmes. Never got a reply so idk if this is the best bet but it was what was recommended to me by a current student
Okay. Thanks so much !

This is what I did. I feel like it was received because it was referenced in my admissions/financial aid call.

• Love
This is what I did. I feel like it was received because it was referenced in my admissions/financial aid call.
Perfect! They never mentioned it in mine. Ms. Perkins just asked me if I was tired of snow and cold weather yet 😂

• Love
  • Haha
Anyone hear anything lately?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone hear anything lately?
I imagine people will hear back toward the end of this month. In about 2 weeks we have to narrow to 3 acceptances. Then after second look, people only have another week to make a decision on which school to commit to. May be a bit too early for more news

If we haven't received a wait-list email, does that mean we are no longer in the running? Does anyone know? 🥲

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
I just received a "still under review" email. I thought it was going to be the big R. Maybe they're buttering me up