2021-2022 Charles R. Drew

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not ready for this. I have such high hopes but feel like they're going to be crushed. This is my dream school

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Stg of all the schools I interviewed at, this the only one I’ve been thinking of non stop. By far my fav interview day. Really hoping for the best.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Stg of all the schools I interviewed at, this the only one I’ve been thinking of non stop. By far my fav interview day. Really hoping for the best.
Same same same. So blessed to have other A's and stuff but...CDU is CDU.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Yall got any more of them Acceptance calls?
dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on all the A's today!! Do they typically call mostly in one night or over the course of a few days? Trying to hold on to hope here :c

Congrats on all the A's today!! Do they typically call mostly in one night or over the course of a few days? Trying to hold on to hope here :c
Wondering the same thing

• Care
There noooooooooooooooooooooooo way they called 24 people today. I refuse to believe it.

I'd like to think its being rolled out over the next few days, especially if its one person doing the calls, as opposed to students doing them like at some other schools. Looks like last year, some As rolled out over a few days.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Congratulations to everyone who heard back today! Praying that the rest of us hear back this week too :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the A! About half an hour ago. Omg I'm shaking

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
they starting early today huh
Yes but it is just one person making calls. She gave me her phone number in case I had questions or needed anything but did say that she was either working from home or would be out of office for a while (can't remember exactly I was in shock).
She did say she would be calling accepted students within the next week or so about scholarships too.
Sorry just trying to share as much info as I can recall.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Yes but it is just one person making calls. She gave me her phone number in case I had questions or needed anything but did say that she was either working from home or would be out of office for a while (can't remember exactly I was in shock).
She did say she would be calling accepted students within the next week or so about scholarships too.
i appreciate you!! thank you for this congrats again!❤️

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much for giving us this info, you’re the greatest. Congratulations!!

Sorry just trying to share as much info as I can recall. Hi
i appreciate you!! thank you for this congrats again!❤️
Congratulations!!! And is today the last day they are calling people to give out acceptances?

Reactions: 1 user
She didn't say anything about when they would stop making calls. Just that she was busy as she was the only one making calls. She made it seem like she would be doing so for a while

She didn't say anything about when they would stop making calls. Just that she was busy as she was the only one making calls. She made it seem like she would be doing so for a while
thanks! you're a rockstar for this info

Thank you!

Do they call from unknown number ? Or is it some LA area code? e.g. 213, 818, 310

This is the only school that has made me feel this nervous and anxious to hear back from... *sigh*

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
This is the only school that has made me feel this nervous and anxious to hear back from... *sigh*
same !!! like ...I will drop all my other schools for you CDU lol

• Haha
Nothing here. 😪 Only Pain from absolute silence.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
I literally have been calling people through out the day to make sure my cell service was working 😂😭😭. This is pain

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Why is there only person calling?! 😭

Congrats to all newly admitted students!! My guess is that preliminary acceptances will go out until the end of this week and moving forward it’s a waitlist process. We’ll see!

Congrats to all newly admitted students!! My guess is that preliminary acceptances will go out until the end of this week and moving forward it’s a waitlist process. We’ll see!
That’s interesting! How do you know this? And do think there’ll be movement on the waitlist later this month?

That’s interesting! How do you know this? And do think there’ll be movement on the waitlist later this month?
This is pure speculation but Drew only sends out the number of seats they have in acceptances at a time since it’s such a small cohort. Previous years it’s showed that people get called all the way up until May or so for seats as they become available

Does anyone know if there has been any movement today?

I heard there’s a good amount of waitlist movement based on last year’s thread. Has that been any one else’s understanding?

I heard there’s a good amount of waitlist movement based on last year’s thread. Has that been any one else’s understanding?
More or less, yea its decent. But from my understanding, they dont do a formal WL.
They just dont reject you until the very end.

• Dislike