2021-2022 Charles R. Drew

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
More or less, yea its decent. But from my understanding, they dont do a formal WL.
They just dont reject you until the very end.
The lack of transparency is KILLER.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
How does that work with the 4/30 CTE tool. Does that mean since they don’t formally WL you that you can CTE to 1 school be on WL at other schools and still be available to get an A from CDU?

How does that work with the 4/30 CTE tool. Does that mean since they don’t formally WL you that you can CTE to 1 school be on WL at other schools and still be available to get an A from CDU?
yes. I think the final step after Plan to Enroll is Commit to Enroll, which most school have as right before school starts.

source:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The anxiety this school is giving me on the daily…I know they’re a small program with limited adcom staff but I feel like they could be just a lillll more communicative with where they’re at with the process for everyone’s sake :/

Reactions: 1 users
I’m okay
589CC1E4-26CF-4EC1-B8C6-85A513ABDDFC.jpeg

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
The anxiety this school is giving me on the daily…I know they’re a small program with limited adcom staff but I feel like they could be just a lillll more communicative with where they’re at with the process for everyone’s sake :/
Right? I wish there was even a portal or something for us to know where we're at

Do y'all think they made first round already? 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Any one from Nov or Dec interview group got an A?

Members don't see this ad :)
They probably gave out all As though I’m assuming at this point

• Angry
  • Sad
Anyone bold enough to call and confirm our suspicion? I’m not strong enough for the potential heartache

• Haha
  • Sad
Anyone bold enough to call and confirm our suspicion? I’m not strong enough for the potential heartache
I actually tried calling but they don’t answer. But if anyone else gets through let us know :)

• Care
Is the number to call Monica's number that's on the website or is there another one? Just called and it went straight to voicemail

Reactions: 1 user
she on DnD lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I actually tried calling but they don’t answer. But if anyone else gets through let us know :)
Oh same. I wonder if she's intentionally dodging unknown calls this week cuz she knows we're all trying to neurotically hit her up rn LOL

• Haha
Oh same. I wonder if she's intentionally dodging unknown calls this week cuz she knows we're all trying to neurotically hit her up rn LOL
I think that’s their plan. But I’m determined so they will be seeing my number 50 times next week

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Just a suspicion (possibly to make myself feel better) but it seems like they accepted the high stat applicants Tues and Weds and once Monica's back in office, they'll get back to the rest of the As?? I just think it's unlikely that they accepted everyone already and only 4 As have been reported

Just a suspicion (possibly to make myself feel better) but it seems like they accepted the high stat applicants Tues and Weds and once Monica's back in office, they'll get back to the rest of the As?? I just think it's unlikely that they accepted everyone already and only 4 As have been reported
Yes. The As are sent in waves.

When they meant was that this wave of As was most likely done, and we will have 2 more weeks for the next wave of As to come out.

They accept 24 students at a time

I hope you are right! But, the people accepted so far are around the average LMS score for everyone that reported A's last year, +/- a few points. It was about 10-15 people whose stats were directly posted on the initial post or that I could find through some digging. All of theirs was around 68-72 with no large outliers being reported in either direction. Obviously, it is not over until it is over, but I took an hour or so looking so we can get a clearer picture since Drew does not post their stats.

• Love
I hope you are right! But, the people accepted so far are around the average LMS score for everyone that reported A's last year, +/- a few points. It was about 10-15 people whose stats were directly posted on the initial post or that I could find through some digging. All of theirs was around 68-72 with no large outliers being reported in either direction. Obviously, it is not over until it is over, but I took an hour or so looking so we can get a clearer picture since Drew does not post their stats.
I'm more so talking about their MCATs. My mentor, who is currently a drew student, only had a 506 MCAT and they've told me some of their classmates had similar scores. I'm just trying to give some hope to the people who have lower MCATs, like myself :)

• Care
Those two posts above me don’t instill much confidence for my situation.
I have LM 56-57 and a lower MCAT than 506 🥲

• Care
I'm sorry! But remember, they wouldn't have interviewed you if you had no chance! So few people were even granted entrance to the secondary

• Care
I am very much in the same boat, lower MCAT as well. I did not mean to discourage anyone. I just wanted to add that information as Drew has a pact with UCLA stating they would never report their stats separately. Hopefully, it will help people now or in the future. I am VERY sorry as well and Drew is EXTREMELY selective so all of us here are the top-of-the-top and still have plenty opportunity to be accepted.

• Care
A couple thoughts for everyone still waiting to hear.

First, although my MCAT was higher than average, my cGPA and sGPA were much lower... so don't lose hope if you have disparate stats.

Second, I sent 3 detailed updates over the course of the cycle. My last update was nearly an LOI but without the "I will withdraw my acceptances/apps" language. If you haven't written an update/interest letter, now might be the time.

Third, I believe they are discussing scholarships in the not so distant future, so folks who have been accepted might decline their offer if the money isn't right. Just speculating, but I think that's a big reason why JustJackie mentioned they send As in waves.

A couple thoughts for everyone still waiting to hear.

First, although my MCAT was higher than average, my cGPA and sGPA were much lower... so don't lose hope if you have disparate stats.

Second, I sent 3 detailed updates over the course of the cycle. My last update was nearly an LOI but without the "I will withdraw my acceptances/apps" language. If you haven't written an update/interest letter, now might be the time.

Third, I believe they are discussing scholarships in the not so distant future, so folks who have been accepted might decline their offer if the money isn't right. Just speculating, but I think that's a big reason why JustJackie mentioned they send As in waves.
Great advice! My MCAT is higher than average, low undergrad stats but high graduate stats so it’s hard to gauge where I stand. So I’m hoping a letter can help :/

Great advice! My MCAT is higher than average, low undergrad stats but high graduate stats so it’s hard to gauge where I stand. So I’m hoping a letter can help :/
An upward stats trend and a well-written letter definitely can't hurt. Good luck!!!

Ok but who approved her PTO without having sent out all of the A's????????????

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Well, not every person accepted is on SDN, so it is highly likely that more than 4 As have been given out.

Reactions: 6 users
I also have a higher than average mcat, low uGPA and high grad GPA. I sent a LOI and got the A. So hopefully you hear some good news too

• Wow
  • Love
so if the first wave of As is prob over... is the next wave like end of feb/ early march? what yall think lol

• Hmm
So I was admitted to Stanford but I STILL want Drew SOS

• Okay...
  • Wow
as someone who hasn’t heard back yet and whose only II has been to drew, the past week got me feeling some kind of way

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Okay Ladies and Gentlemen, are we expecting anything this week?

Or shall we reconvene here next Monday to start our daily doses of anxiety

Also I do remeber Ms. Perkins saying the committee was meeting this week for scholarships so maybe we can expect info next week if it takes them some time.

Also I do remeber Ms. Perkins saying the committee was meeting this week for scholarships so maybe we can expect info next week if it takes them some time.
Did y'all submit financial aid materials? Or is the committee meeting to talk about "merit" scholarships only?