2021-2022 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone else from week of 12/13 hoping for calls tomorrow??

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
12/15 interview gang, how yall holding up?? :cryi:

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II this morning. Funny because just two days ago I was talking about this school and how I assumed one was never gonna come lol

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
OOS II today! Super surprised because I was complete in like July or something.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if there's an accepted students' page on Facebook or somewhere? Or a GroupMe?

Edit: Good luck to everyone waiting for a phone call/decision today! I got mine from an unknown number with a non-Cincinnati area code, so pick up those calls! I even got a call from Spectrum beforehand and that just elevated my stress levels

Last edited:
OOS II This morning. Will be withdrawing. Best of luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Do people know what time of day they usually call? (1/5 interviewee trying to not be anxious all day long for no reason)

OOS II this morning. Funny because just two days ago I was talking about this school and how I assumed one was never gonna come lol
Do you guys mind sharing stats? OOS and complete 8/10 nothing yet on my end.

Reactions: 2 users
12/15 interview here. :yuck:
Anxiety is through the roof. I dont think anyone from our week has heard back yet
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but from skimming this thread it looks like almost everyone's gotten an evening call at 4:30 pm or later this year, to ease some anxiety for folks

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but from skimming this thread it looks like almost everyone's gotten an evening call at 4:30 pm or later this year, to ease some anxiety for folks
If i dont get a call, My anxious azz will be back here at 5:01pm asking about WL movement and if they accept LOIs.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call as well!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
12/15 interview gang, how yall holding up?? :cryi:
We’re still in the race!
Do people know what time of day they usually call? (1/5 interviewee trying to not be anxious all day long for no reason)
I got the call with the A at 14:35. It’s my first A after 2 WL and a post II R. I’m so happy!!!

• Love
  • Sad
You got called today after a 12/8 interview?
Yeah. They said that it could be 6-8 weeks so I’ve been picking spam calls for the last two weeks. It’s not over yet friend they’re probably going in pseudo-chronological order

I got the call!!! I’m overjoyed! I interviewed 12/8 for any wondering! Congratulations to all who made it in and best of luck to all those still waiting!

• Love
It looks like there's no groupme yet, could one of us just make one or do we have to wait for something official?

Just got an email, checked my portal and its an acceptance?

I never received a call, is this real? Is this a mistake? I need to know before I call my mom

• Love

I never received a call, is this real? Is this a mistake? I need to know before I call my mom
+1

Same for me.

Edit: Got the call at 10:09 AM!

Last edited:
  • Care
+1

Same for me.

Congrats to you both! It's possible that you had the same person who was supposed to call you and they forgot [if there were students who called interviewees accidentally for an A when in reality it was a WL/R, anything is possible]. My acceptance call was followed by a portal update the following morning.

• Care
  • Love
Well congrats to us @downwardbound26 !!!!!!!!!

edit: just got the call lmfao

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone accepted and those who received an interview! Best of luck!

On another note, I had a question related to the immunization requirements here. If a student tests positive on the quantiferon-tb gold but has a negative chest x-ray, would there be any foreseeable issues during the enrollment process?

Thanks in advance!

Congrats to everyone accepted and those who received an interview! Best of luck!

On another note, I had a question related to the immunization requirements here. If a student tests positive on the quantiferon-tb gold but has a negative chest x-ray, would there be any foreseeable issues during the enrollment process?

Thanks in advance!
This might not answer your question but can you have another sample run for the quanitferon-tb gold? A few years back I had a false positive after they did a repeat test.

Thanks in advance!
Shouldn't be an issue, iirc the form they give out states a negative CXR would substitute. I would everyone recommend starting your immunizations sooner than later, if you have any positive titers, it can be a months long process..

Thanks in advance!
Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but did you already get the immunization form for UCCOM? Or did you find it somewhere?

is there an accepted students group?

Got an II today! Anyone know if we're essentially interviewing for a waitlist at this point? It feels pretty late :p

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Found the FB page!

Second look will be April 8-9th. So far on the website they're saying it will be in person:soexcited:

Got an II today! Anyone know if we're essentially interviewing for a waitlist at this point? It feels pretty late :p
UC accepts the same % of applicants at each interview day. There's no difference in interviewing on the first available date vs the last possible date

Withdrew my II to give someone else a shot. Hope it goes to one of you!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I had a question about need based scholarships/loans, especially the two questions at the end of the aid application about applying for the UC long-term loan & for the need-based aid 2022-2023.

One of the requirements for UCCOM need-based scholarships/loans was to submit parental info on FAFSA + upload signed W2s (or a waiver statement) on the medonestop portal. I didn't add my parents info on FAFSA since they are overseas and I haven't received financial help from them in a very long time.

I'm considered an independent and have a decent job, savings, and investments. I'm not sure if I qualify for need-based, but not really sure what "need-based" means since I will be unemployed once school starts + have major expenses coming up.

Can anyone provide advise/more info here in regards to applying to need-based financial aid & UC Long-term loan for my scenario?

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
I had a question about need based scholarships/loans, especially the two questions at the end of the aid application about applying for the UC long-term loan & for the need-based aid 2022-2023.

One of the requirements for UCCOM need-based scholarships/loans was to submit parental info on FAFSA + upload signed W2s (or a waiver statement) on the medonestop portal. I didn't add my parents info on FAFSA since they are overseas and I haven't received financial help from them in a very long time.

I'm considered an independent and have a decent job, savings, and investments. I'm not sure if I qualify for need-based, but not really sure what "need-based" means since I will be unemployed once school starts + have major expenses coming up.

Can anyone provide advise/more info here in regards to applying to need-based financial aid & UC Long-term loan for my scenario?

Thanks for your time!
email Financial Aid.

I was in a similar situation, but because my mom lives in the US, i still had to provide her taxes and W2s.

got my II this morning for 2/18!! OOS and complete in August so I was a little surprised but super excited to finally get another II!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
got my II this morning for 2/18!! OOS and complete in August so I was a little surprised but super excited to finally get another II!
What do you mean by "II". Does that mean secondary application? I'm still waiting on a response to interview or not. And nothing is showing up in the application status page. Anyone else's blank before interview invites?

What do you mean by "II". Does that mean secondary application? I'm still waiting on a response to interview or not. And nothing is showing up in the application status page. Anyone else's blank before interview invites?
interview invite