-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Cincinnati
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
12/15 interview gang, how yall holding up?? 😢
not well fam.12/15 interview gang, how yall holding up?? 😢
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AgitatedSundae73
Full Member
OOS II this morning. Funny because just two days ago I was talking about this school and how I assumed one was never gonna come lol
Does anyone know if there's an accepted students' page on Facebook or somewhere? Or a GroupMe?
Edit: Good luck to everyone waiting for a phone call/decision today! I got mine from an unknown number with a non-Cincinnati area code, so pick up those calls! I even got a call from Spectrum beforehand and that just elevated my stress levels
Edit: Good luck to everyone waiting for a phone call/decision today! I got mine from an unknown number with a non-Cincinnati area code, so pick up those calls! I even got a call from Spectrum beforehand and that just elevated my stress levels
Last edited:
ukiepremed
Full Member
Do people know what time of day they usually call? (1/5 interviewee trying to not be anxious all day long for no reason)
OscillationX
Full Member
Also wondering this as a 1/7 interviewee.Do people know what time of day they usually call? (1/5 interviewee trying to not be anxious all day long for no reason)
OOS II this morning. Funny because just two days ago I was talking about this school and how I assumed one was never gonna come lol
Do you guys mind sharing stats? OOS and complete 8/10 nothing yet on my end.OOS II today! Super surprised because I was complete in like July or something.
12/15 interview here.Also wondering this as a 1/7 interviewee.
Anxiety is through the roof. I dont think anyone from our week has heard back yet
coffeebean2
Full Member
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but from skimming this thread it looks like almost everyone's gotten an evening call at 4:30 pm or later this year, to ease some anxiety for folks12/15 interview here.
Anxiety is through the roof. I dont think anyone from our week has heard back yet
If i dont get a call, My anxious azz will be back here at 5:01pm asking about WL movement and if they accept LOIs.Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but from skimming this thread it looks like almost everyone's gotten an evening call at 4:30 pm or later this year, to ease some anxiety for folks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ukiepremed
Full Member
Just got the call as well!!
When did y’all interview?GOT THE A
dude!!! Congrats!!GOT THE A
When did y’all interview?
12/15
We’re still in the race!12/15 interview gang, how yall holding up?? 😢
I got the call with the A at 14:35. It’s my first A after 2 WL and a post II R. I’m so happy!!!Do people know what time of day they usually call? (1/5 interviewee trying to not be anxious all day long for no reason)
Momo45984
Full Member
lol I don't believe so but I hope so soonIs there a group for accepted ppl?
12/8When did y’all interview?
12/8
You got called today after a 12/8 interview?
Yeah. They said that it could be 6-8 weeks so I’ve been picking spam calls for the last two weeks. It’s not over yet friend they’re probably going in pseudo-chronological orderYou got called today after a 12/8 interview?
AgitatedSundae73
Full Member
Complete end of july, LM 77Do you guys mind sharing stats? OOS and complete 8/10 nothing yet on my end.
I got the call!!! I’m overjoyed! I interviewed 12/8 for any wondering! Congratulations to all who made it in and best of luck to all those still waiting!
coffeebean2
Full Member
It looks like there's no groupme yet, could one of us just make one or do we have to wait for something official?
Just got an email, checked my portal and its an acceptance?
I never received a call, is this real? Is this a mistake? I need to know before I call my mom
I never received a call, is this real? Is this a mistake? I need to know before I call my mom
downwardbound26
Full Member
+1Just got an email, checked my portal and its an acceptance?
I never received a call, is this real? Is this a mistake? I need to know before I call my mom
Same for me.
Edit: Got the call at 10:09 AM!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1
Same for me.
Just got an email, checked my portal and its an acceptance?
I never received a call, is this real? Is this a mistake? I need to know before I call my mom
Congrats to you both! It's possible that you had the same person who was supposed to call you and they forgot [if there were students who called interviewees accidentally for an A when in reality it was a WL/R, anything is possible]. My acceptance call was followed by a portal update the following morning.
Well congrats to us @downwardbound26 !!!!!!!!!
edit: just got the call lmfao
edit: just got the call lmfao
Last edited:
Congrats to everyone accepted and those who received an interview! Best of luck!
On another note, I had a question related to the immunization requirements here. If a student tests positive on the quantiferon-tb gold but has a negative chest x-ray, would there be any foreseeable issues during the enrollment process?
Thanks in advance!
On another note, I had a question related to the immunization requirements here. If a student tests positive on the quantiferon-tb gold but has a negative chest x-ray, would there be any foreseeable issues during the enrollment process?
Thanks in advance!
This might not answer your question but can you have another sample run for the quanitferon-tb gold? A few years back I had a false positive after they did a repeat test.Congrats to everyone accepted and those who received an interview! Best of luck!
On another note, I had a question related to the immunization requirements here. If a student tests positive on the quantiferon-tb gold but has a negative chest x-ray, would there be any foreseeable issues during the enrollment process?
Thanks in advance!
D
deleted964256
Shouldn't be an issue, iirc the form they give out states a negative CXR would substitute. I would everyone recommend starting your immunizations sooner than later, if you have any positive titers, it can be a months long process..Congrats to everyone accepted and those who received an interview! Best of luck!
On another note, I had a question related to the immunization requirements here. If a student tests positive on the quantiferon-tb gold but has a negative chest x-ray, would there be any foreseeable issues during the enrollment process?
Thanks in advance!
Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but did you already get the immunization form for UCCOM? Or did you find it somewhere?Congrats to everyone accepted and those who received an interview! Best of luck!
On another note, I had a question related to the immunization requirements here. If a student tests positive on the quantiferon-tb gold but has a negative chest x-ray, would there be any foreseeable issues during the enrollment process?
Thanks in advance!
No I didn't receive the form yet. I found something online that was helpful College of Medicine -MD- Immunization Requirements | University Health Services | UC College of MedicineSorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but did you already get the immunization form for UCCOM? Or did you find it somewhere?
is there an accepted students group?
Thank you!No I didn't receive the form yet. I found something online that was helpful College of Medicine -MD- Immunization Requirements | University Health Services | UC College of Medicine
Bigquestionperson
Full Member
Got an II today! Anyone know if we're essentially interviewing for a waitlist at this point? It feels pretty late 😛
callisto777
Full Member
wondering the same thing ??is there an accepted students group?
D
deleted964256
UC accepts the same % of applicants at each interview day. There's no difference in interviewing on the first available date vs the last possible dateGot an II today! Anyone know if we're essentially interviewing for a waitlist at this point? It feels pretty late 😛
Withdrew my II to give someone else a shot. Hope it goes to one of you!OOS II today! Super surprised because I was complete in like July or something.
I had a question about need based scholarships/loans, especially the two questions at the end of the aid application about applying for the UC long-term loan & for the need-based aid 2022-2023.
One of the requirements for UCCOM need-based scholarships/loans was to submit parental info on FAFSA + upload signed W2s (or a waiver statement) on the medonestop portal. I didn't add my parents info on FAFSA since they are overseas and I haven't received financial help from them in a very long time.
I'm considered an independent and have a decent job, savings, and investments. I'm not sure if I qualify for need-based, but not really sure what "need-based" means since I will be unemployed once school starts + have major expenses coming up.
Can anyone provide advise/more info here in regards to applying to need-based financial aid & UC Long-term loan for my scenario?
Thanks for your time!
One of the requirements for UCCOM need-based scholarships/loans was to submit parental info on FAFSA + upload signed W2s (or a waiver statement) on the medonestop portal. I didn't add my parents info on FAFSA since they are overseas and I haven't received financial help from them in a very long time.
I'm considered an independent and have a decent job, savings, and investments. I'm not sure if I qualify for need-based, but not really sure what "need-based" means since I will be unemployed once school starts + have major expenses coming up.
Can anyone provide advise/more info here in regards to applying to need-based financial aid & UC Long-term loan for my scenario?
Thanks for your time!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
email Financial Aid.I had a question about need based scholarships/loans, especially the two questions at the end of the aid application about applying for the UC long-term loan & for the need-based aid 2022-2023.
One of the requirements for UCCOM need-based scholarships/loans was to submit parental info on FAFSA + upload signed W2s (or a waiver statement) on the medonestop portal. I didn't add my parents info on FAFSA since they are overseas and I haven't received financial help from them in a very long time.
I'm considered an independent and have a decent job, savings, and investments. I'm not sure if I qualify for need-based, but not really sure what "need-based" means since I will be unemployed once school starts + have major expenses coming up.
Can anyone provide advise/more info here in regards to applying to need-based financial aid & UC Long-term loan for my scenario?
Thanks for your time!
I was in a similar situation, but because my mom lives in the US, i still had to provide her taxes and W2s.
What do you mean by "II". Does that mean secondary application? I'm still waiting on a response to interview or not. And nothing is showing up in the application status page. Anyone else's blank before interview invites?got my II this morning for 2/18!! OOS and complete in August so I was a little surprised but super excited to finally get another II!
interview inviteWhat do you mean by "II". Does that mean secondary application? I'm still waiting on a response to interview or not. And nothing is showing up in the application status page. Anyone else's blank before interview invites?
