2021-2022 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What do you mean by "II". Does that mean secondary application? I'm still waiting on a response to interview or not. And nothing is showing up in the application status page. Anyone else's blank before interview invites?
Mine says application completed or something like that. Did you get a complete email from them?

Members don't see this ad.

Mine says application completed or something like that. Did you get a complete email from them?
Haven't received an email. Yeah mine also says complete, but haven't received any notice on if I got an interview or not. Have you gotten a notice yet or yours is just sitting there saying "completed"... which kind of sounds like they are done reviewing you lol

got my II this morning for 2/18!! OOS and complete in August so I was a little surprised but super excited to finally get another II!
Congrats!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I checked last night and my portal said the same, but I got the email this morning and the portal had changed to show the interview info

Haven't received an email. Yeah mine also says complete, but haven't received any notice on if I got an interview or not. Have you gotten a notice yet or yours is just sitting there saying "completed"... which kind of sounds like they are done reviewing you lol
My portal said "Application Complete" before I got an II and continues to do so even after I got the A. I don't think it means anything beyond the fact that you have submitted everything you need to for interview consideration.

My portal said "Application Complete" before I got an II and continues to do so even after I got the A. I don't think it means anything beyond the fact that you have submitted everything you need to for interview consideration.

Correct. When you get an II or an A, an extra box with some text appears above the most recent one.
That’s pretty much it. Nothing about the previous boxes changes

Just got placed on Alternate List , Tier 2. Anyone know what the chances of getting off the Alt list are?

how did you all practice/prepare for the MMI? my interview is this friday and i'm really nervous

how did you all practice/prepare for the MMI? my interview is this friday and i'm really nervous
I had done other MMI interviews before this one so I honestly didn't really prep for this. In general for MMI, familiarize yourself with the format and do practice questions (whether that's by yourself or with someone else). Do some online research for how best to approach different questions and the best thought processes (lots of helpful stuff on Reddit). I was really nervous for this interview, as well, but it was sooooo chill. The nerves kinda go away once you get started, but seriously don't stress too much because it was NOT stressful. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 1/5 and got Alt tier 2 this morning... what are my chances of getting in?

Interviewed 1/14, Tier 1 alt list today. +1 on being confused about these tiers

The first comment on this reddit post explains the waitlist tiers:

dang so are we just interviewing for waitlist spots at this point??

I thought that Cincy said they accept the same percentage of students from each interview date, but it seems like ALOT of people just got waitlisted

I thought that Cincy said they accept the same percentage of students from each interview date, but it seems like ALOT of people just got waitlisted
the accepted students group increased by about 20 over the past few days, which falls in line with previous numbers. I think many of the Accepted students arent on SDN

I think the logic is more that if they’re already putting people in Tier 1, the class must be full

Also got Tier 1 waitlisted yesterday from my 1/5 interview. Just seems like too much of a coincidence looking back at past acceptance days this cycle. I don't see a single person talking about getting waitlisted, and then all of a sudden on this acceptance send-out 7 individual people post about getting waitlisted, and not a SINGLE one posting got accepted. Just seems weird to me.

Also got Tier 1 waitlisted yesterday from my 1/5 interview. Just seems like too much of a coincidence looking back at past acceptance days this cycle. I don't see a single person talking about getting waitlisted, and then all of a sudden on this acceptance send-out 7 individual people post about getting waitlisted, and not a SINGLE one posting got accepted. Just seems weird to me.
i think someone said that the accepted students group on FB increased by 20 though, meaning they just arent posting their As here

i think someone said that the accepted students group on FB increased by 20 though, meaning they just arent posting their As here
Yeah I guess so, I'm just neurotically grasping at straws because Cincy is my #1 lol

Reactions: 3 users
Can anyone speak to the chances of getting accepted from Tier 2? Cincy is a dream of mine but I don't want to hold out hope if it's futile

Can anyone speak to the chances of getting accepted from Tier 2? Cincy is a dream of mine but I don't want to hold out hope if it's futile

n = 1, but someone got accepted off of Tier 2 last year. Check the last page of the 2020-2021 Cincinnati thread. I do wonder whether the admissions office would be open to providing estimates.

As far as the accepted student FB page goes, I tried to join it like a week ago and was just barely let me in so I think there might have been a back log of people that had requested

Reactions: 2 users
As far as the accepted student FB page goes, I tried to join it like a week ago and was just barely let me in so I think there might have been a back log of people that had requested
Same thing happened to me, would anyone be interested in starting a GroupMe?

Does anyone know if the preclinical years at Cincinnati are pass/fail, or are there rankings? If there are rankings, how exactly does that work?

Also, I emailed admissions about the waitlist and all they said was that tier 1 is the highest and they expect to use the waitlist about as much as they did last year!

Also, I emailed admissions about the waitlist and all they said was that tier 1 is the highest and they expect to use the waitlist about as much as they did last year!

Thank you for sharing this info. Did they say anything about how much they used the waitlist last year?

Thank you for sharing this info. Did they say anything about how much they used the waitlist last year?
If I remember correctly from my interview day, I believe someone mentioned that ~60 people were taken from the waitlist last year

Current M1 here. To add to the above, there was at least one person accepted from the Tier 3 waitlist last year. They were accepted just a couple days before our orientation. I think it was the first time the waitlist was used in several years. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about UC but that's about all I know about waitlist activity.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the preclinical years at Cincinnati are pass/fail, or are there rankings? If there are rankings, how exactly does that work?

There are rankings, M1 is 10% of the rank, M2 is 20%, and M3 is 70%. The ranks are in quartiles. It is P/F otherwise.

Our exam averages are like 85%, a good amount above the 70% needed to pass. I do not feel like there is competition within classmates, but I do feel like there is competition with myself to be 1st quartile to set myself to apply to a competitive specialty later. It's not a bad thing though.

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed 1/5, accepted 2/15 and withdrew yesterday. Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
II this morning, turns out they are still out there! Interview is a week from today. OOS w ties, LM~70, complete 9/9

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
There are rankings, M1 is 10% of the rank, M2 is 20%, and M3 is 70%. The ranks are in quartiles. It is P/F otherwise.

Our exam averages are like 85%, a good amount above the 70% needed to pass. I do not feel like there is competition within classmates, but I do feel like there is competition with myself to be 1st quartile to set myself to apply to a competitive specialty later. It's not a bad thing though.

How often do they tell you which quartile you are in? Every semester? Month?

How often do they tell you which quartile you are in? Every semester? Month?
On our grading interface the quartile updates every time a final grade is submitted for a class.

I'm personally not a fan of the system, and I'm not shy about saying it's my least favorite part about UCCOM (Full disclosure, I usually do below average on exams). That being said, it's important to note that the entire first year has an extremely small proportion of your final quartile. Most (70%) of the quartile is determined by your M3 year which is basically what every other med school does. As @scatter-brain hinted at, any kind of "competition" is all internalized. All of the classmates I've met are great and love working together, and people are collaborating and posting resources in our class discord constantly. It's more that internally you feel more pressure to excel on exams than you would in a true pass/fail preclinical.

SOS does anyone have the email attachment for the first look tomorrow? I didn’t realize it got stripped from my email and am assuming it would contain the zoom link too? Or do we get into the first look through our portal like the interview?

SOS does anyone have the email attachment for the first look tomorrow? I didn’t realize it got stripped from my email and am assuming it would contain the zoom link too? Or do we get into the first look through our portal like the interview?
Wait what?? There’s a first look tomorrow? I only got an email about the second look on April 8-9. And there’s nothing mentioned in my portal about it

Wait what?? There’s a first look tomorrow? I only got an email about the second look on April 8-9. And there’s nothing mentioned in my portal about it
Yeah it’s more like a diversity first look it sounds like, for some reason split from the interview day. If you’re already accepted it’s probably fine maybe they previously had it combined with the interview part

it occurs before the interview, not after the acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
I think they send you a zoom link with your initial interview invite. Not sure if an old link would work - just tried accessing the one I had (one back from October) to see if you could use it, but it told me that the Zoom ID was too old. Your best bet is getting it from someone also attending first look on the same day.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Anyone hear about any scholarships? It seems nobody has posted anything about it yet.

are they still inviting people to interview? i have yet to get a post-secondary rejection or interview invite

Reactions: 7 users