You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Cincinnati
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My best guess would be 12/27 if we're following the trend of every 2-weeks on a Monday. BUT that's also assuming that adcoms continue working/making decisions throughout winter breakDoes anyone know when the next round of decisions is coming out? At my interview they said 6-8 weeks but looking thru this thread it seems like most people got a decision within a month of interviewing
yea they told us during the 12/15 interview that the 4-6 weeks would most likely be 5-7 weeks because of the holiday break. So i think that alludes to them not doing anything this upcoming week.My best guess would be 12/27 if we're following the trend of every 2-weeks on a Monday. BUT that's also assuming that adcoms continue working/making decisions throughout winter break
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted964256
Can confirm admin is out for the break. Have a good holiday y’all!My best guess would be 12/27 if we're following the trend of every 2-weeks on a Monday. BUT that's also assuming that adcoms continue working/making decisions throughout winter break
Has anyone received scholarships/merit aid?
Or when do they typically get sent out? I recently interviewed and it wasnt really discussed so Im just curious.
I think it’s in the spring? I be vaguely remember one of those pdfs they shared with us mentioning Fin Aid being released then.
@JustJackie Hmm I thought merit aid/scholarships were different from regular financial aid (which is released in the spring and includes loans and need based scholarships). In previous year Cincy threads students started reciving merit scholarships in early Dec even though financial aid is given in the springI think it’s in the spring? I be vaguely remember one of those pdfs they shared with us mentioning Fin Aid being released then.
I heard back about scholarships/aid (or lack of) from my other schools so Im just trying to get an idea of the merit scholarships Cincy gives, and when they might give them.
@JustJackie Hmm I thought merit aid/scholarships were different from regular financial aid (which is released in the spring and includes loans and need based scholarships). In previous year Cincy threads students started reciving merit scholarships in early Dec even though financial aid is given in the spring
I heard back about scholarships/aid (or lack of) from my other schools so Im just trying to get an idea of the merit scholarships Cincy gives, and when they might give them.
Ahhhhh you may be right. Never mind [emoji56]
braingames67
Full Member
Nope!Did you ever find a facebook group for accepted applicants?
Today.Are the next round of decisions expected to be tomorrow or next Monday, considering the Monday decisions trends?
Anyone accepted receive the Certiphi Background Check link?
Last edited:
I haven’t yetAnyone accepted receive the Certiphi Background Check link?
That's initiated on AAMC's side. Once the background checks start, you'll know once you start seeing a ton of posts on SDN/Reddit.Anyone accepted receive the Certiphi Background Check link?
TisTheSeason25
Full Member
I've read that Cincinnati's interview season will extend through February. Does anyone know how far out the interviews are currently scheduled?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed a few days ago after a mid-December II, so if it's still about that, then like three weeks?I've read that Cincinnati's interview season will extend through February. Does anyone know how far out the interviews are currently scheduled?
ukiepremed
Full Member
Couple of quick questions! What days do they usually release decisions? And do they always call accepted students?
Mondays and yes they callCouple of quick questions! What days do they usually release decisions? And do they always call accepted students?
sassypug101
Full Member
II just now! IS, LM 71, complete late July
Did you ever find a facebook group for accepted applicants?
Any updates on this?Anyone know if there is a page or Facebook group for accepted applicants?
sassypug101
Full Member
Has anyone had trouble doing the interview on a Mac? I have no idea how I'd even get my hands on a PC.
I’ve had trouble getting an interview just in generalHas anyone had trouble doing the interview on a Mac? I have no idea how I'd even get my hands on a PC.
what i did was buy an okay PC and return it a few days after 😢Has anyone had trouble doing the interview on a Mac? I have no idea how I'd even get my hands on a PC.
worked out great! LMAOOO
If that isn't the most "nah we're gettin this done" thing I've heard this app cyclewhat i did was buy an okay PC and return it a few days after 😢
worked out great! LMAOOO
Got an A after it too ! LMAOOOOOIf that isn't the most "nah we're gettin this done" thing I've heard this app cycle
AYOO YOU REALLY DID GET IT DONE!!!Got an A after it too ! LMAOOOOO
I would have re-bought the laptop after that, as like a lucky charm to take you through med school lmao
I used a very old Mac (09) for my interview here and had no problems. Just make sure to do the system check that's on their site and follow their direction regarding pop-ups.Has anyone had trouble doing the interview on a Mac? I have no idea how I'd even get my hands on a PC.
when did you interivew?Got an A after it too ! LMAOOOOO
probz notWill they call on MLK day?
Interviewed 9/23 and accepted 10/18when did you interivew?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sassypug101
Full Member
Can anybody speak to the interview stress level here? I'm interviewing this week and am a little nervous since I really have no idea what to expect.
Momo45984
Full Member
They really try to make it feel relaxed in the beginning and end! Of course their M.M.I. format is different than the traditional interview, but I still thought it was pretty chill. Just be yourself and be confident in your responses. You got this and best of luck!Can anybody speak to the interview stress level here? I'm interviewing this week and am a little nervous since I really have no idea what to expect.
Can anybody speak to the interview stress level here? I'm interviewing this week and am a little nervous since I really have no idea what to expect.
Honestly it’s really chill. They understand you’re nervous, So you won’t just log in and start interviewing.
It wasn’t stressful. Maybe around a 3 out of 10. Everyone was really nice
sassypug101
Full Member
They really try to make it feel relaxed in the beginning and end! Of course their M.M.I. format is different than the traditional interview, but I still thought it was pretty chill. Just be yourself and be confident in your responses. You got this and best of luck!
Thank you both so much!! This makes me feel better 🙂Honestly it’s really chill. They understand you’re nervous, So you won’t just log in and start interviewing.
It wasn’t stressful. Maybe around a 3 out of 10. Everyone was really nice
Just got the A call!!!!!! Almost in tears y’all
Congrats! When did you interviewJust got the A! 🙂
Edit: December 1st!Congrats! When did you interview
congrats!!!!! When did you interviewJust got the A call!!!!!! Almost in tears y’all
D
deleted1073602
Also got the A!!! interviewed 11/24
coffeebean2
Full Member
Does anyone have any idea when the 12/17 people will hear back? I thought they told us 5-7 weeks but it looks there were still some late November people getting the call just yesterday 😢
12/15 gang checking in. Hoping for next week by the earliest.Does anyone have any idea when the 12/17 people will hear back? I thought they told us 5-7 weeks but it looks there were still some late November people getting the call just yesterday 😢
It's possible that they're running a bit behind? But I just went through the calendar based on the pattern we've seen on this thread. It looks like a decision is sent out every 2 weeks on a Monday (with the exception of holidays). In that decision timeframe, applicants from 3 separate interview days are evaluated. Since 11/24 and 12/1 interviewees heard back yesterday and today, I predict that you'll be hearing back in the next two batches. At the earliest, that would put you at 1/31.Does anyone have any idea when the 12/17 people will hear back? I thought they told us 5-7 weeks but it looks there were still some late November people getting the call just yesterday 😢
callisto777
Full Member
got the A call yesterday 🙂 interviewed 12/3. good luck to everyone still waiting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
coffeebean2
Full Member
Thanks for this! Best of luck 🙂It's possible that they're running a bit behind? But I just went through the calendar based on the pattern we've seen on this thread. It looks like a decision is sent out every 2 weeks on a Monday (with the exception of holidays). In that decision timeframe, applicants from 3 separate interview days are evaluated. Since 11/24 and 12/1 interviewees heard back yesterday and today, I predict that you'll be hearing back in the next two batches. At the earliest, that would put you at 1/31.
Dr.StevieBrule
Full Member
+1 OOSOOS II today! 😍