2021-2022 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when the next round of decisions is coming out? At my interview they said 6-8 weeks but looking thru this thread it seems like most people got a decision within a month of interviewing

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when the next round of decisions is coming out? At my interview they said 6-8 weeks but looking thru this thread it seems like most people got a decision within a month of interviewing
My best guess would be 12/27 if we're following the trend of every 2-weeks on a Monday. BUT that's also assuming that adcoms continue working/making decisions throughout winter break

Reactions: 1 user
My best guess would be 12/27 if we're following the trend of every 2-weeks on a Monday. BUT that's also assuming that adcoms continue working/making decisions throughout winter break
yea they told us during the 12/15 interview that the 4-6 weeks would most likely be 5-7 weeks because of the holiday break. So i think that alludes to them not doing anything this upcoming week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can confirm admin is out for the break. Have a good holiday y’all!

Has anyone received scholarships/merit aid?

Or when do they typically get sent out? I recently interviewed and it wasnt really discussed so Im just curious.

Has anyone received scholarships/merit aid?

Or when do they typically get sent out? I recently interviewed and it wasnt really discussed so Im just curious.

I think it’s in the spring? I be vaguely remember one of those pdfs they shared with us mentioning Fin Aid being released then.

Reactions: 1 users
I think it’s in the spring? I be vaguely remember one of those pdfs they shared with us mentioning Fin Aid being released then.
@JustJackie Hmm I thought merit aid/scholarships were different from regular financial aid (which is released in the spring and includes loans and need based scholarships). In previous year Cincy threads students started reciving merit scholarships in early Dec even though financial aid is given in the spring

I heard back about scholarships/aid (or lack of) from my other schools so Im just trying to get an idea of the merit scholarships Cincy gives, and when they might give them.

@JustJackie Hmm I thought merit aid/scholarships were different from regular financial aid (which is released in the spring and includes loans and need based scholarships). In previous year Cincy threads students started reciving merit scholarships in early Dec even though financial aid is given in the spring

I heard back about scholarships/aid (or lack of) from my other schools so Im just trying to get an idea of the merit scholarships Cincy gives, and when they might give them.

Ahhhhh you may be right. Never mind

Are the next round of decisions expected to be tomorrow or next Monday, considering the Monday decisions trends?

Anyone accepted receive the Certiphi Background Check link?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone accepted receive the Certiphi Background Check link?
That's initiated on AAMC's side. Once the background checks start, you'll know once you start seeing a ton of posts on SDN/Reddit.

I've read that Cincinnati's interview season will extend through February. Does anyone know how far out the interviews are currently scheduled?

I've read that Cincinnati's interview season will extend through February. Does anyone know how far out the interviews are currently scheduled?
I interviewed a few days ago after a mid-December II, so if it's still about that, then like three weeks?

Reactions: 3 users
Couple of quick questions! What days do they usually release decisions? And do they always call accepted students?

Has anyone had trouble doing the interview on a Mac? I have no idea how I'd even get my hands on a PC.

Has anyone had trouble doing the interview on a Mac? I have no idea how I'd even get my hands on a PC.
what i did was buy an okay PC and return it a few days after :cryi:

worked out great! LMAOOO

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
what i did was buy an okay PC and return it a few days after :cryi:

worked out great! LMAOOO
If that isn't the most "nah we're gettin this done" thing I've heard this app cycle

Reactions: 4 users
Got an A after it too ! LMAOOOOO
AYOO YOU REALLY DID GET IT DONE!!!

I would have re-bought the laptop after that, as like a lucky charm to take you through med school lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I used a very old Mac (09) for my interview here and had no problems. Just make sure to do the system check that's on their site and follow their direction regarding pop-ups.

Can anybody speak to the interview stress level here? I'm interviewing this week and am a little nervous since I really have no idea what to expect.

• Love
Can anybody speak to the interview stress level here? I'm interviewing this week and am a little nervous since I really have no idea what to expect.
They really try to make it feel relaxed in the beginning and end! Of course their M.M.I. format is different than the traditional interview, but I still thought it was pretty chill. Just be yourself and be confident in your responses. You got this and best of luck!

Honestly it’s really chill. They understand you’re nervous, So you won’t just log in and start interviewing.

It wasn’t stressful. Maybe around a 3 out of 10. Everyone was really nice

They really try to make it feel relaxed in the beginning and end! Of course their M.M.I. format is different than the traditional interview, but I still thought it was pretty chill. Just be yourself and be confident in your responses. You got this and best of luck!
Honestly it’s really chill. They understand you’re nervous, So you won’t just log in and start interviewing.

It wasn’t stressful. Maybe around a 3 out of 10. Everyone was really nice
Thank you both so much!! This makes me feel better :)

Just got the A call!!!!!! Almost in tears y’all

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Just got the call, my first A EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Does anyone have any idea when the 12/17 people will hear back? I thought they told us 5-7 weeks but it looks there were still some late November people getting the call just yesterday :cryi:

Does anyone have any idea when the 12/17 people will hear back? I thought they told us 5-7 weeks but it looks there were still some late November people getting the call just yesterday :cryi:
12/15 gang checking in. Hoping for next week by the earliest.

It's possible that they're running a bit behind? But I just went through the calendar based on the pattern we've seen on this thread. It looks like a decision is sent out every 2 weeks on a Monday (with the exception of holidays). In that decision timeframe, applicants from 3 separate interview days are evaluated. Since 11/24 and 12/1 interviewees heard back yesterday and today, I predict that you'll be hearing back in the next two batches. At the earliest, that would put you at 1/31.

got the A call yesterday :) interviewed 12/3. good luck to everyone still waiting

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
It's possible that they're running a bit behind? But I just went through the calendar based on the pattern we've seen on this thread. It looks like a decision is sent out every 2 weeks on a Monday (with the exception of holidays). In that decision timeframe, applicants from 3 separate interview days are evaluated. Since 11/24 and 12/1 interviewees heard back yesterday and today, I predict that you'll be hearing back in the next two batches. At the earliest, that would put you at 1/31.
Thanks for this! Best of luck :)

+1 OOS II. What a pleasant surprise after a week of rejections!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Withdrew my II from here! Hope it goes to one of you anxiously waiting :) good luck!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users