-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS II! Complete 7/23. Applied MSTP / UP / CP and this is the first update I have received!
...are you even considered low stat lolOOS II! | LM 74 | ORM - there's hope for low-stats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you applied for both MD and MD-PhD? What stats?OOS II! Complete 7/23. Applied MSTP / UP / CP and this is the first update I have received!
516 ORM is definitely low-stat lmao for Cleveland-Clinic caliber schools...are you even considered low stat lol
gogomed0000
Full Member
Got that nice pre-II R. "No Interview Invitation" in the subject line. Brutal AHHH 🤣
I applied to 42 schools, and I really wish I knew whether schools that haven't given me an interview or a hold have already read my application. Then again, even if I knew, what would I do with that information haha. Probably set better expectations.Got that nice pre-II R. "No Interview Invitation" in the subject line. Brutal AHHH 🤣
Last edited:
Better than the ones that make it seem like you’ve gotten an interview until the fourth paragraphGot that nice pre-II R. "No Interview Invitation" in the subject line. Brutal AHHH 🤣
lucifermorningstar
Full Member
Got the pre-II R today, can't say I wasn't expecting it but I appreciate them not leaving us hanging lol
When were you completed ?Got the pre-II R today, can't say I wasn't expecting it but I appreciate them not leaving us hanging lol
If any other low stat applicants are thinking about CCLCM, they let me in with lower stats than this so don’t let your stats keep you from applying here516 ORM is definitely low-stat lmao for Cleveland-Clinic caliber schools
lucifermorningstar
Full Member
7/23!When were you completed ?
braingeek0409
Full Member
Agreed!!If any other low stat applicants are thinking about CCLCM, they let me in with lower stats than this so don’t let your stats keep you from applying here
First update for this school or first update since this cycle began?OOS II! Complete 7/23. Applied MSTP / UP / CP and this is the first update I have received!
Just this school! I have received other MSTP invites.First update for this school or first update since this cycle began?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone that submit in August get an II yet? I submit early August, kinda high stat (3.99/520), and my application is literally attuned to CCLCM, so a little anxious I haven't gotten anything. (3 pubs, 11 published abstracts, and 8 national conference presentations).
braingeek0409
Full Member
Did you say kinda? Yall too humble lol
I dont think they are upto late August yet, Pre-II regections seem to be still on the July gang. Hang Tight.Anyone that submit in August get an II yet? I submit early August, kinda high stat (3.99/520), and my application is literally attuned to CCLCM, so a little anxious I haven't gotten anything. (3 pubs, 11 published abstracts, and 8 national conference presentations).
Haha sorry. The average at cclcm is 519, so 520 isn't especially high stat at this particular school. Plus covid shifted mcat percentiles so 518+ has become a little more frequent.Did you say kinda? Yall too humble lol
tenthousandhours
Full Member
where do you see these stats?Haha sorry. The average at cclcm is 519, so 520 isn't especially high stat at this particular school. Plus covid shifted mcat percentiles so 518+ has become a little more frequent.
MSARwhere do you see these stats?
Take MSAR with a grain of salt, for some schools the data is an aproximation. Also, for instance there is a school with a 50% MCAT of 512, and at least one of the students in that class had a 490.MSAR
Uh... it's not an approximation. It's factually correct data. Case adcom is also posting within the case thread and confirmed the data as well as the different between cclcm and case averages.Take MSAR with a grain of salt, for some schools the data is an aproximation. Also, for instance there is a school with a 50% MCAT of 512, and at least one of the students in that class had a 490.
The ranges of the academic metrics for those that were invited to interview were:
The average GPA and MCAT for the entering class of 2021 was:
- Cumulative GPA: 2.50-4.00
- Science GPA: 2.58-4.00
- MCAT: 502-528
- 3.78 Cumulative GPA with a range of 2.50-4.00
- 3.74 Science GPA with a range of 2.58-4.00
- 518 MCAT with a range of 504-526 Mode: 518
This the school official data with ranges, Someone got in with as low as a 504 MCAT, 2.58 Science GPA and 2.5 Commulative GPA.
That's true, but you never know exactly who got what. The 2.58 GPA might have been someone who got a PhD and a 520 MCAT, and the 504 MCAT might be from someone with a 4.0 GPA and 5 first-author publication. The average applicant definitely shouldn't use those to hope for the best.This the school official data with ranges, Someone got in with as low as a 504 MCAT, 2.58 Science GPA and 2.5 Commulative GPA.
braingeek0409
Full Member
I can confirm a holistic review. I have <<<510 and I got an II. Do your best and pray really hard! Yall got this.
Will they tell us who our interviewers are in advance or was it a surprise?
you'll know ahead of timeWill they tell us who our interviewers are in advance or was it a surprise?
T
Thanks! Where did you find the info? My interview is tomorrow and I still haven’t heard anything.you'll know ahead of time
When I interviewed last year, it was on the portal. They should have updated it by now, you could always email the office and they should get back quickly if there isn't anything there yetT
Thanks! Where did you find the info? My interview is tomorrow and I still haven’t heard anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
braingeek0409
Full Member
People on this thread built different lol. Someone thought their 3.99 and 520 was average.LM 74 is low stats?? Assuming a 3.7 gpa, that's a 519 on the MCAT.
Should be clearer: 516 MCAT, which is definitely lowLM 74 is low stats?? Assuming a 3.7 gpa, that's a 519 on the MCAT.
+1 R this AM! Complete 7/23. Best of luck to everyone 🙂
I kinda liked the brutal subject line, got the point across well.
I kinda liked the brutal subject line, got the point across well.
Honestly, I like it when they're clear. My rejections from Pritzker and Wisconsin got my hopes up until I read them, as I had gotten IIs just days prior.+1 R this AM! Complete 7/23. Best of luck to everyone 🙂
I kinda liked the brutal subject line, got the point across well.
CCLM R today. Complete 8/3. Lots of pubs but low stats for this school so makes sense.
brainperson1
Full Member
For those who have recently interviewed, what timeline did the adcom give for decisions release? Thanks in advance.
hello_2311_
Full Member
I'm stoked!!! just got II with 508 MCAT
They said they release decisions both in December and February, but the batch released in December is generally smaller 🙂For those who have recently interviewed, what timeline did the adcom give for decisions release? Thanks in advance.
212kindofgal
Full Member
Is it too late to submit both a primary/secondary app to this program? I have a ton of research experience and was thinking this program might be a good fit
Is very late, but if you have the financial means to take the chance go for it.Is it too late to submit both a primary/secondary app to this program? I have a ton of research experience and was thinking this program might be a good fit
Complete date? And orm or urm? Thats amazing!I'm stoked!!! just got II with 508 MCAT
D
deleted1119327
Does anyone have any info on how many people are invited for interview for Cleveland clinic?
they interview about 200-250 students and accept around 20% of students post interview (around 40-50 students are accepted per year) from the thread last yearDoes anyone have any info on how many people are invited for interview for Cleveland clinic?
Perhaps @CWRU.Sman could confirm?
Yes, pretty much.they interview about 200-250 students and accept around 20% of students post interview (around 40-50 students are accepted per year) from the thread last year
Perhaps @CWRU.Sman could confirm?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
brainperson1
Full Member
I know the admissions timeline is sending acceptances either in December or February, with more being released in February. Is this timeline set, with 2 specific batches all given at the same time? Or are the decisions released throughout each month? Thank you in advance @CWRU.Sman
2 specific batches at the same time. Because Dr. Warren calls those who are accepted, it could take a couple days to get them all out. After those batches, there will be a trickle of additional acceptances as people withdraw their acceptance throughout March-June. Due to the small class size, CCLCM doesn't accept more than 32 at one time.
brainperson1
Full Member
Isbt
And is the December, February timeline still correct? Because of how crazy this cycle is, I just wanted to confirm. Thank you from a very stressed applicant.2 specific batches at the same time. Because Dr. Warren calls those who are accepted, it could take a couple days to get them all out. After those batches, there will be a trickle of additional acceptances as people withdraw their acceptance throughout March-June. Due to the small class size, CCLCM doesn't accept more than 32 at one time.
brainperson1
Full Member
@CWRU.SmanIsbt
And is the December, February timeline still correct? Because of how crazy this cycle is, I just wanted to confirm. Thank you from a very stressed applicant.