2021-2022 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
5. If you have any updates or new information to report since you have submitted your AMCAS primary application, please briefly describe below. (200 words).

Did you all treat this as an optional essay? I could mention things; however, I don't know how much value it would add and I don't want to waste the readers' time. The essay does not say (optional) as most optional prompts do.

Members don't see this ad :)
5. If you have any updates or new information to report since you have submitted your AMCAS primary application, please briefly describe below. (200 words).

Did you all treat this as an optional essay? I could mention things; however, I don't know how much value it would add and I don't want to waste the readers' time. The essay does not say (optional) as most optional prompts do.
I would say that the phrase "If you have any updates or new information to report" is equivalent to being optional.

If all you are going to say is that you are continuing your current activities, say "not applicable".

Reactions: 1 users
I would say that the phrase "If you have any updates or new information to report" is equivalent to being optional.

If all you are going to say is that you are continuing your current activities, say "not applicable".
Thank you!

Can someone clarify where it says these prompts are optional?

• Please describe your interest in public health and how you wish to combine this interest with a career in medicine (500 words or less).
  • Please describe your interest in bioethics and how you wish to combine this interest with a career in medicine (500 words or less).
I don't see anything to indicate these are optional prompts.

EDIT: I had a feeling something weird was going on. On Safari the prompts appear even if you select MD only. Used chrome and now I can continue without filling them in.

For the MSTP, if we are not getting LORs from every PI we've worked with, do we need to inform the MSTP about that? It sounds that way but I want to make sure.

"A Note for MD/PhD applicants: The MD/PhD Admissions Committee will need to review letters of recommendation from ALL RESEARCH MENTORS, including any virtual/remote projects. These can be included as part of the requirement above or in addition to them. Be sure that all of your letters are submitted to AMCAS and released to Emory by the DECEMBER 1 deadline."

For the MSTP, if we are not getting LORs from every PI we've worked with, do we need to inform the MSTP about that? It sounds that way but I want to make sure.

"A Note for MD/PhD applicants: The MD/PhD Admissions Committee will need to review letters of recommendation from ALL RESEARCH MENTORS, including any virtual/remote projects. These can be included as part of the requirement above or in addition to them. Be sure that all of your letters are submitted to AMCAS and released to Emory by the DECEMBER 1 deadline."
Does anyone know the answer/solution to this...?

Do you think it is worth talking about starting a new job as an ED Tech?

Does anyone know the answer/solution to this...?
I sent an email to MD/PhD admissions and this was their response: “In addition, letters from all research mentors are also requested for MD/PHD applicants. If any mentor is unable to submit a letter, you must send an explanation as to why she/he cannot, particularly if you spent a significant amount of time in her/his lab. A message confirming that reason (e.g. illness, disability, departure from university, etc.) should be sent by your Dean or your pre-health advising office. You may send additional letters if you wish, so long as these letters shed unique light on your application.”

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II for MD/MPH! They offer interviews on Mondays and Fridays. I believe they are each 6 hours long. The ones on Mondays are for MD/MPH students. Best of luck to everyone. :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
II for MD/MPH! They offer interviews on Mondays and Fridays. I believe they are each 6 hours long. The ones on Mondays are for MD/MPH students. Best of luck to everyone. :)
I’m MD only but are they in person? I recall reading somewhere that Emory was only in person but I could be wrong.

Congrats !!

Are you sure Monday's are just for MD/PHD? I just scheduled mine for Monday and I applied regular MD.

Are you sure Monday's are just for MD/PHD? I just scheduled mine for Monday and I applied regular MD.
My interview invite for regular MD said they are Monday’s and Friday’s so I’m pretty sure they aren’t just for MD/PhD.

Got an II today! OOS LM: 75 complete 7/15.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats to those who got II!!

I was completed around the same day with similar stats so praying right now lol

Reactions: 5 users
I'm IS too do you mind sharing your stats? I submitted earlier but I'm a bit nervous about getting an interview atp lol
Why are you nervous? It's only August and they've only given out a handful of interviews from what it looks like?

II today for regular MD (LM 73, OOS, ORM)! Complete 7/16

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
II received! OOS, 515, 4.0 URM, complete 7/21

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone been connected with a current student yet for the virtual overnight host thing?

Is the first date Sept 13 to interview? So nobody has actually interviewed yet?

Have a lot of IS applicants received IIs yet? Wondering if they're doing OOS first

Has anyone gotten that envelope they're supposed to mail you before your interview day yet? I got my II about two weeks ago at this point and I still haven't gotten anything in the mail

Has anyone gotten that envelope they're supposed to mail you before your interview day yet? I got my II about two weeks ago at this point and I still haven't gotten anything in the mail
If your interview's coming up, you might want to email the head and ask for it in PDF form.

Anyone who has already interviewed, how was your experience?

Also how soon after you received the envelope with the material after the email with the II?