2021-2022 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
March 30th you find out if you're waitlisted if you didn't get an A throughout the cycle. Though I am worried about the prospects of getting an A after not getting into the first cycle one is eligible for. As more people interview, it seems like the chance of getting an A may decrease over time.
i was wondering the same thing

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get into the combined MD/MPH or MD/MA program? Or does that come later?

Has anyone who applied MD/MPH gotten an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think there's a chance they're still updating the portal? Also, how likely were the chances of an A for people that didn't get in the first eligible wave?

Do you think there's a chance they're still updating the portal? Also, how likely were the chances of an A for people that didn't get in the first eligible wave?
pretty sure it was instantaneous on wednesday morning for everyone who got in the first wave. my emory student host confirmed. unknown the chances of an A the next waves considering more people are being interviewed every week.

For those who have interviewed, do you get any information before interview day about your interviewers or anything like that?

Does anyone know when Emory sends out its last interview invites? I know interview season extends until March, but when do they send out their last invites?

Still waiting, complete late July. This school is super competitive though, so I don't have high expectations.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when Emory sends out its last interview invites? I know interview season extends until March, but when do they send out their last invites?

Still waiting, complete late July. This school is super competitive though, so I don't have high expectations.
From the MD Admissions FAQ site:
"The Emory School of Medicine conducts interviews from September through February, and we begin extending interview invitations in August. Invitations to interview are extended right up until the end of the season in late February."

source: MD Admission FAQ | Emory School of Medicine

Keep your head up! There's still a lot of time left :)

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how Emory feels about pre-II update/interest letters?

Does anyone know how Emory feels about pre-II update/interest letters?
Go ahead. They allow & even encourage updates. You can enter it via a text box on the portal.

Go ahead. They allow & even encourage updates. You can enter it via a text box on the portal.
I will only add that they emphasized to be succinct in your updates since they have many to read. They discouraged being extremely lengthy with the updates if not necessary

Reactions: 2 users
I know you paid us hundreds of dollars but we’re ✨busy ✨

Reactions: 9 users
Has Emory sent any Rs yet? Think they're gonna come out in massive waves Pitt-style?

How many updates can we send? I see that there is a text box but does it become unavailable after making an update?

How many updates can we send? I see that there is a text box but does it become unavailable after making an update?
It doesn’t become unavailable. I think you can only send 1,000 words, no more no less. So as long as your updates are less than 1,000 words, you can send multiple until you reach 1,000 words. Don’t erase what you’ve written each time, just add on.

I submitted my secondary 10/8 but on the portal it shows they didnt receive my LORs until 11/4???????? Does that mean its technically under review now?

OOS II just now! Stats in sig. Complete 8/19. Really happy with this one!

Good luck guys.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
II just now! OOS, URM, LM 72, complete 8/14 :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
OOS II just now! Stats in sig. Complete 8/19. Really happy with this one!

Good luck guys.
I've tried many times, but I have never figured out how to read a signature. Just curious, how does someone do that?

I've tried many times, but I have never figured out how to read a signature. Just curious, how does someone do that?
Are you on the desktop or are you on mobile? With the desktop, it should just be right at the bottom of all my messages. I think with mobile I heard it shows up if you turn your phone horizontal. Not 100% sure though but let me know if that helps!

Edit: wysdoc is too quick

dont trip bro, in case it doesn't work for you, his signature says:

"~4.00 cgpa 4.00 sgpa, 527 MCAT, URM, 4th quartile Casper. 5000 Clinical Hours. 15 Publications, 4 Tours in Peace Corps"

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
dont trip bro, in case it doesn't work for you, his signature says:

"~4.00 cgpa 4.00 sgpa, 527 MCAT, URM, 4th quartile Casper. 5000 Clinical Hours. 15 Publications, 4 Tours in Peace Corps"
Damn, only a 527 and not a 528? Better start packing that sunscreen buddy

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Saw someone getting an A yesterday on the Reddit tracker. Anyone know when they will release the next batch?

Saw someone getting an A yesterday on the Reddit tracker. Anyone know when they will release the next batch?
They probably get accepted in mid-October and just posted yesterday. No decisions were made last week. The next batch is this Monday.

They probably get accepted in mid-October and just posted yesterday. No decisions were made last week. The next batch is this Monday.
ya that was my theory. People often forget to add to the tracker as the year goes on. Hell, I even forget to update my own tracker in my signature :laugh:

They officially mail the letters in bulk on specific days (like today) but they also update the portal with the admissions offer simultaneously for everyone who was accepted some time that week. Last month it happened Wednesday morning
gotcha that makes sense. Thank you buddy.

I think we should just be patient. Based on previous years, acceptances can be mailed into the later part of November. When someone reports something we will know that they’re en route

They officially mail the letters in bulk on specific days (like today) but they also update the portal with the admissions offer simultaneously for everyone who was accepted some time that week. Last month it happened Wednesday morning
I signed up for USPS informed delivery so that I would get notified if Emory sent me the packet today / this week.

Otherwise, seconded on the idea that we should be patient. Even if we don't get the news we're hoping for, life goes on and it's not worth obsessing over the outcome when it's now outside of our control.

Reactions: 4 users
I signed up for USPS informed delivery so that I would get notified if Emory sent me the packet today / this week.

Otherwise, seconded on the idea that we should be patient. Even if we don't get the news we're hoping for, life goes on and it's not worth obsessing over the outcome when it's now outside of our control.
Same here, even with informed delivery, we’ll most likely see it tomorrow, Wednesday or potentially even later in the week.

Nothing (yet, hopefully). I also signed up for informed delivery service from USPS and haven’t seen anything
same, unsure if i didn't get accepted or informed hasn't gotten it yet.

havent heard anything and complete in early/mid july... soft R?

havent heard anything and complete in early/mid july... soft R?
It is difficult to say. Emory is an extremely competitive school, and they do not send any rejections until the end of interview season. For what it's worth, I'm in the same boat.