2021-2022 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II received!!
LM 76 URM
Complete 07/29

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
OOS II :)
LM 73.1 URM
complete 08/22!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II received this evening, complete around 7/16

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
As an ORM/non-disadvantaged, would I be invading/out of place if I signed up for the Office of Multicultural Affairs meeting during interview day?

As an ORM/non-disadvantaged, would I be invading/out of place if I signed up for the Office of Multicultural Affairs meeting during interview day?
Not necessarily? What information are you hoping to gain from meeting with them?

Not necessarily? What information are you hoping to gain from meeting with them?
Honestly, at the time, I just signed up for everything except for the ethnic groups of which I wasn't apart of to show interest to the school (not that it probably even matters at most schools...). I am interested in some of their community service programs though and would be interested in gaining more information about them, but that's probably it. But I went on their site and saw that all of their leadership were African-American and am wondering if it would look as strange as if I signed up for the LMSA group meeting as a non-Latino.

Honestly, at the time, I just signed up for everything except for the ethnic groups of which I wasn't apart of to show interest to the school (not that it probably even matters at most schools...). I am interested in some of their community service programs though and would be interested in gaining more information about them, but that's probably it. But I went on their site and saw that all of their leadership were African-American and am wondering if it would look as strange as if I signed up for the LMSA group meeting as a non-Latino.
If you're interested in being an ally/doing community service through these groups none of these things are exclusive to people of those groups but their interests do focus on those groups. The office itself is multicultural and so if you're just hoping to gain more information because you're actually interested in working with the office/groups within the office I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, but don't just do it because you think it will look good or something!

II received this morning! OOS, URM, LM 77.5. Complete 8/1.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
II received this morning! IS, URM, complete 7/27

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! IS; complete: 7/26

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the II!!! Complete 8/3, stats in sig , ORM

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone interviewed and wants to share level of stress especially for the group interview?

Has anyone interviewed and wants to share level of stress especially for the group interview?
Not v stressful at all. At least from my experience, they each gave us a chance to answer the question and speak. It’s courteous to just let others speak when it’s their turn. Of course, if something vibes with your background/experience that someone else says you can mention that as a point of commonality. I believe the focus is observing how you discuss yourself as an applicant around others as well as how you interact with your peers and potential future med school peers in a (virtual) professional setting.

Anyone submitted an update and knows how they can see whether their update actually submitted successfully? It says submitted, but there does not seem to be a way to read the update itself.

Anyone submitted an update and knows how they can see whether their update actually submitted successfully? It says submitted, but there does not seem to be a way to read the update itself.
In the status tab, mine has a green check mark next to "Last Update Entered" with the date, but no, I can't access the update itself

Emory is mailing on the 18th, correct?
Yup! That’s what the packet said is the first day A’s will be mailed out on. If we don’t get an A in that first batch we are in consideration for others.

Reactions: 1 users
wait are they sending out letters today or are they potentially arriving today

have MSTP IIs gone out for the November interview?

For anyone that interviewed Monday, did they mention anything about when they would send out the first batch of acceptances?

Do you know this definitively?
in the packet emory sent out before the interview, one of the pages listed the dates that they mail batches of acceptances

Last edited:
They mailed acceptances on 10/18 if you interviewed before 10/7 (what they said on my interview day). If you interviewed 10/8 or later, you are in consideration for acceptances mailed starting 11/15

Reactions: 1 users
They mailed acceptances on 10/18 if you interviewed before 10/7 (what they said on my interview day). If you interviewed 10/8 or later, you are in consideration for acceptances mailed starting 11/15
funny enough, on my interview day, they said 10/1 was the latest day to be considered for the first batch. i wonder if they changed their minds.

My student host and others have said it should show up on your portal sometime this week if you get accepted in the first batch.

Any regular MD, non-URM IIs at all? I've been complete since end of Aug and nothing since. Are they going chronologically?

Reactions: 2 users
funny enough, on my interview day, they said 10/1 was the latest day to be considered for the first batch. i wonder if they changed their minds.
Yes, they said the same! I know the committee met on 10/7 to decide so that's why they mentioned it

Accepted this morning! Complete 7/28, Interviewed 9/13, IS

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
When did the letter say the portal would update?
I haven't physically received the letter yet (saw it via Informed delivery though - it was postmarked 10/18). The portal updated this morning with the admissions offer.

Has there been anyone with a sub 510 MCAT to get in II yet?

I haven't physically received the letter yet (saw it via Informed delivery though - it was postmarked 10/18). The portal updated this morning with the admissions offer.
Is it another tab that pops up besides (welcome, interview, supplemental app, and status)?

So if our portal didn't update do we know if we'll get any other type of update as to waitlist/R?

So if our portal didn't update do we know if we'll get any other type of update as to waitlist/R?
I think they do not reject until the very end. Basically, you are waitlisted until you hear back with an A throughout the cycle or R until the end. That's how I understood it when they were talking about it during the interview.

I think they do not reject until the very end. Basically, you are waitlisted until you hear back with an A throughout the cycle or R until the end. That's how I understood it when they were talking about it during the interview.
March 30th you find out if you're waitlisted if you didn't get an A throughout the cycle. Though I am worried about the prospects of getting an A after not getting into the first cycle one is eligible for. As more people interview, it seems like the chance of getting an A may decrease over time.

Accepted!!!! Saw it in the portal!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users