2021-2022 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone!

I've got an interview coming up on the 10th and just wanted to ask what everyone's experience was like on interview day. I've never had a group interview so I'm particularly interested in insight into this aspect of the day. Thanks in advance and good luck to anyone still waiting on news.
I had a really positive experience! My one-one-one interview was with a really nice pediatrician and the group interview was actually really enjoyable! You basically take turns giving your answers. I thought it was unique and it was very cool to be able to hear how other applicants answered the questions. I would just focus on you and your answers and you'll do great!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a really positive experience! My one-one-one interview was with a really nice pediatrician and the group interview was actually really enjoyable! You basically take turns giving your answers. I thought it was unique and it was very cool to be able to hear how other applicants answered the questions. I would just focus on you and your answers and you'll do great!
Awesome, thank you! I was unsure what to expect but I appreciate you providing some info. Congrats on having an awesome cycle by the way ;). Hopefully we hear from Vermont soon.

Awesome, thank you! I was unsure what to expect but I appreciate you providing some info. Congrats on having an awesome cycle by the way ;). Hopefully we hear from Vermont soon.
Of course! Thank you! And yeah lol hopefully that happens soon. Feel free to PM whenever! :)

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone!

I've got an interview coming up on the 10th and just wanted to ask what everyone's experience was like on interview day. I've never had a group interview so I'm particularly interested in insight into this aspect of the day. Thanks in advance and good luck to anyone still waiting on news.
Similar to what Goku said, I had a pleasant experience with both the group interview and one-on-one interview. One thing I was worried about with the group interview was whether or not the interviewees would be expected to answer without prompting from the interviewer. I am sometimes hesitant to speak in group situations where I don't know the other people, so I was nervous about potentially not speaking enough. However, during the group interview, the interviewer asks the question specifically to each interviewee, so there is an equal opportunity for all to speak. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
II today and complete end of july. good luck everyone :)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
II just received! Completed 08/06.
Curious how ^dudlee got to choose Jan 14th. I was given my interview date and it's about a week out.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
How do we send multiple updates if it's one text box? Do I just add another paragraph to the bottom of my last update and resubmit it?

So should we expect another round of decisions tomorrow? Last round was on the 17th of last month

Did anyone else just receive an email invitation to the multicultural affairs' second look program saying they were accepted? I thought we were waiting for letters? I'm sitting here in complete disbelief.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else just receive an email invitation to the multicultural affairs' second look program saying they were accepted? I thought we were waiting for letters? I'm sitting here in complete disbelief.
That's exciting, hope it's good news for you! When did you interview? Did you meet with the multicultural affairs team? And does the email appear in the communication status page of your portal?

• Love
I did!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I did!! I’m so excited and in shock too!

• Love
That's exciting, hope it's good news for you! When did you interview? Did you meet with the multicultural affairs team? And does the email appear in the communication status page of your portal?
I interviewed 12/3 and I met with SNMA on my interview day but not the multicultural affairs team! I just checked my portal and the email is documented there.

I didn't get a second look email so I'm pretty bummed--still hoping I get an A this week but wondering if this means it'll be silence for me. Did anyone already accepted to Emory in Oct/Nov *not* get this email?

I didn't get a second look email so I'm pretty bummed--still hoping I get an A this week but wondering if this means it'll be silence for me. Did anyone already accepted to Emory in Oct/Nov *not* get this email?
I received the email today, but I was also told during my interview day a few weeks ago that the next round of decisions wasn't supposed to be until the 20th (it's in the packet they sent out as well). I have a feeling this was an email that was accidentally sent out early, potentially only to URM acceptees.

Got the A via SNMA email before the mail decision. Interviewed 12/6, OOS, URM.

• Love
Got the A via SNMA email before the mail decision. Interviewed 12/6, OOS, URM.
Also got this email and also interviewed on the same day! Should we count this as an actual A? I'm just nervous to jump to any conclusions before seeing the actual letter or anything haha

Also got this email and also interviewed on the same day! Should we count this as an actual A? I'm just nervous to jump to any conclusions before seeing the actual letter or anything haha
They said at the SNMA meet and greet last night that if you got an email that means you are accepted. But totally understand wanting the actual letter haha!

Has anyone heard anything through informed delivery or the portal not the SNMA email? They said today was a mailing day…

They said at the SNMA meet and greet last night that if you got an email that means you are accepted. But totally understand wanting the actual letter haha!
Ahh, wonderful! I ended up emailing admissions too and they said the same thing haha! I couldn’t make the meet and greet Sunday night since I was working but thanks for the confirmation! 😊

Last edited:
Just got a II!! Around 4:30 PM, ORM. Complete end of July. Super unexpected

• Love
Received a II yesterday evening. Complete 9/30

• Love
II received today! I didn’t expect to hear anything from any med schools this week. Complete late Aug

• Love
Hi has anyone received a portal update with an A yet? Or anything in the mail?

A in the portal! Interviewed early Dec. No mail yet

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
II received today! I didn’t expect to hear anything from any med schools this week. Complete late Aug
What was your LM or stats if you don’t mind ? I’m also complete late august.

I recently interviewed and emory is definitely my top choice. would it be worthwhile to send a short update/letter of intent (idk if that's too pushy at this point) before they release decisions later this month? or with the anticipation that i will not be accepted then, would it be better to wait until those decisions come out and send the update before the next round of decisions in february? any advice is much appreciated! :)

I recently interviewed and emory is definitely my top choice. would it be worthwhile to send a short update/letter of intent (idk if that's too pushy at this point) before they release decisions later this month? or with the anticipation that i will not be accepted then, would it be better to wait until those decisions come out and send the update before the next round of decisions in february? any advice is much appreciated! :)
They encourage brief updates on their portal. Emphasis on brief though. They really made sure we understood that they don't want to read through a longwinded letter during my interview day haha. Best of luck

They encourage brief updates on their portal. Emphasis on brief though. They really made sure we understood that they don't want to read through a longwinded letter during my interview day haha. Best of luck
thank you and very good point! they said the same thing in mine : )

I asked and was told they don’t accept letter of interest or intent! But like said above, they do accept short updates that are significant

II last night!!! Definitely wasn’t expecting it!! IS ,
Complete 8/19

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone here that has had the interview think they did not do well, and still got accepted? Trying to rekindle my hope for this school :/

• Care