2021-2022 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anything today? They've been pretty consistently releasing As on the 18th of the month

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone accepted today that interviewed in September? Seems to be no evidence of anyone being accepted after the first wave they were eligible for in the previous Emory years. Seems straight to waitlist/rejection.
I haven’t seen anything about anyone getting accepted in a different wave - but I have seen waitlists that turn to A’s. Praying here lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey does anybody know how long the group and individual interviews are? also, are they before or after the bulk of the information sessions?

Anyone know if they’re done with sending out interviews?

Hey does anybody know how long the group and individual interviews are? also, are they before or after the bulk of the information sessions?
I want to say the group interview was short (like 15 minutes?) and then the individual interview I think was supposed to be like 30 minutes but mine went over. There's some talks/info sessions before and after the interviews but most happen after

Reactions: 1 user
I want to say the group interview was short (like 15 minutes?) and then the individual interview I think was supposed to be like 30 minutes but mine went over. There's some talks/info sessions before and after the interviews but most happen after
I had a different experience. 30 mins for the faculty interview and 45 mins for the group interview (which averaged 15 mins of talking time for each candidate)

Reactions: 2 users
I had a different experience. 30 mins for the faculty interview and 45 mins for the group interview (which averaged 15 mins of talking time for each candidate)
Same here

lmao ignore me then I interviewed in october 😭 been a while lol

Beyond surprised to have snagged an II here! Offered dates in late January and through February. IS and stats are in my signature.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get the acceptance email from the multicultural affairs???
Yes and I believe the emails are only sent to target student groups (e.g., URM).

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if in addition to the snail mail, if acceptances would be emailed or uploaded on the portal?

Does anyone know if in addition to the snail mail, if acceptances would be emailed or uploaded on the portal?
Based upon the past, it looks like the portal will reflect admission on the Wednesday following the mailing.

Based upon the past, it looks like the portal will reflect admission on the Wednesday following the mailing.
Thanks! I think the next round of acceptances is today, but not sure how realistically the mail would be in by today for people (crossing fingers I got something!!)

I think people who have the USPS mail thing set up can see which mail they have coming today in their email. I don't see anything from Emory for me today :(

I think people who have the USPS mail thing set up can see which mail they have coming today in their email. I don't see anything from Emory for me today :(
In a previous wave of acceptance, I recall in-state residents not even seeing their mail until a day or two after they release the letters so don’t worry! As I live far away from GA, I didn’t even get my letter until after I saw the portal update on the Wednesday after they released acceptances. So don’t worry, hang in there!

I got a phone call acceptance last week! I don't see anything in my portal or my email though. Does Emory not send out electronic acceptances?

• Love
I got a phone call acceptance last week! I don't see anything in my portal or my email though. Does Emory not send out electronic acceptances?
When did you interview, if you don't mind me asking?

When did you interview, if you don't mind me asking?
maybe they were MD/PhD (i know of someone who was accepted by call through emory's MSTP). from what i can tell, emory doesnt call MD only applicants to notify them of decisions. i could definitely be wrong though!

Just checked my informed delivery and there's a letter from Emory with confetti on the front.. Don't want to jinx myself but feeling very optimistic!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Just checked my informed delivery and there's a letter from Emory with confetti on the front.. Don't want to jinx myself but feeling very optimistic!
not a jinx that’s an A!!! congrats💗💗

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! Did your portal update to reflect the A?

did anyone who interviewed in jan hear back?

• Hmm
Interviewed 1/14 and did not get in today, but so happy for everyone who did!! For those of you in the same boat as me today, remember everything happens for a reason and we will all end up where we are meant to be :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
have any accepted students received any word about OPUS? they said they hoped to have things finalized by early january, just want to be sure I didn't miss something lol