You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Georgetown
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
pennychunkie115
New Member
Hey! where do we access this/is it in an email? I got accepted a little over a week ago and am looking for an accepted students group chat. Also for those still waiting, i got the A exactly 14 weeks after my interview so don't lose hope. good luck 🙂There's a facebook that you get invited to after you're accepted
medicineandrunning
Full Member
Congrats on the A! You'll get an invite for the facebook page over email soon I'm sure. See you on there!Hey! where do we access this/is it in an email? I got accepted a little over a week ago and am looking for an accepted students group chat. Also for those still waiting, i got the A exactly 14 weeks after my interview so don't lose hope. good luck 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Celiac4Lyfe
Full Member
I was really thinking today was going to be the day for some movement 🥺
💀
D
deleted1108356
Congratulations!! Did you send any update letters or letter of intent?Got the call at 6pm, I interviewed 10/14. Goodluck to everyone still waiting, I know how hard it is, I was waitlisted 2 cycles ago. It’ll happen when it’s supposed to and all work out in the end.💗
TomorrowElegant7846
New Member
I got the call at 5:00pm CST and i interviewed on 10/26.
1) Did anyone else get the call? (2) In the past, have they released a second set of decisions before sending out waitlists?
Hello everyone! on the Gtown portal, in the textbox section for updates, are we allowed to send multiple updates or just one? Can I dm someone who sent multiple updates? Thank youuuu!
Last edited:
I’m still waiting for anything. Interviewed 10/20
Looking at last year's thread- I'd guess in about a month.Historically, when does WL movement start for Georgetown?
WL too. Interview was my best one
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GrayCanary21
Full Member
Post-II R. Really surprised with this one since the interview went really well 🥲 LM 75
warriorsfan101
Full Member
I interviewed 11/2 and got the call this past friday
D
deleted1115486
Ahhh, did you happen to send a post-II update?Post-II R. Really surprised with this one since the interview went really well 🥲 LM 75
GrayCanary21
Full Member
Nope. I sent a thank you letter but I was going to save the update for a potential waitlist... Really regretting that now 😅Ahhh, did you happen to send a post-II update?
Sorry to hear that. When did you interview?Post-II R. Really surprised with this one since the interview went really well 🥲 LM 75
GrayCanary21
Full Member
10/21Sorry to hear that. When did you interview?
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Nice. Did you send updates?I interviewed 11/2 and got the call this past friday
I didn’t send an update and was waitlistedNope. I sent a thank you letter but I was going to save the update for a potential waitlist... Really regretting that now 😅
I hope early/mid November interview decisions come out sooooon!
Did you interview 11/2, Tuesday? Usually they do Thursday. Can you please confirm interview date? Thanks!I interviewed 11/2 and got the call this past friday
Celiac4Lyfe
Full Member
It looks like someone from early Nov. got an acceptance call this past Friday so you guys should be up next! Now just curious if they'll do their next round of decisions this week or next week...prob next week 😩I hope early/mid November interview decisions come out sooooon!
warriorsfan101
Full Member
Nope, i was in the process of drafting a letter of interest/updae but i got the A while i was doing itNice. Did you send updates?
warriorsfan101
Full Member
It was a Tuesday, 11/2!Did you interview 11/2, Tuesday? Usually they do Thursday. Can you please confirm interview date? Thanks!
What does GUSOM's WL movement look like? do we know when it usually starts and how many people will come off?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if the electronic signature of accepting our seat for the of '26 binding? Thank you in advance!!
I haven't heard back yet. I interviewed on the 26th. This waiting game is killing me LOL
Has anyone who interviewed in October still not heard back yet? Thank you
It seems from past years’ threads that Sarah Stewart scholars are announced around April. Does anyone have information on whether this applies to all rounds or do first round applicants hear sooner?
Celiac4Lyfe
Full Member
Question for those admitted -- would you say that you are more "caring for the whole person" or advocacy/human rights oriented? Or both? I'm curious as to what the ideal applicant is for them. Thanks!!
I interviewed 10/20 and still haven't heard back yet either. I'm hoping it's this upcoming week since it'll be the 15th week of waiting, but I think the delay might be because of winter break?Has anyone who interviewed in October still not heard back yet? Thank you
MedSD123
Full Member
More advocacy/human rights. I have a strong policy background and I think that’s what really got me in hereQuestion for those admitted -- would you say that you are more "caring for the whole person" or advocacy/human rights oriented? Or both? I'm curious as to what the ideal applicant is for them. Thanks!!
I emphasized care of the whole person when it comes to SDH/wellness etc. but I also have some advocacy/social justice experiencesQuestion for those admitted -- would you say that you are more "caring for the whole person" or advocacy/human rights oriented? Or both? I'm curious as to what the ideal applicant is for them. Thanks!!
M1 here! I would go for it, from what I understand GUSOM does put weight into letters of interest/follow-up. I have zero doubt that my LOI's at the very least did not harm my application last year and more likely were one of the factors that ended up helping me get in.Do you guys think I should write a letter of interest? I interviewed mid-November and am really worried now to have not heard anything. I've read that letters of interest are meaningless, but I have nothing to update in an update letter.
Hey valanthe! Just to confirm, you submitted ur letter through the portal right? Thanks!M1 here! I would go for it, from what I understand GUSOM does put weight into letters of interest/follow-up. I have zero doubt that my LOI's at the very least did not harm my application last year and more likely were one of the factors that ended up helping me get in.
When would we hear decision? Interviewed middle of November.
D
deleted1115486
They said decisions come out 10-12 weeks after your interview, so don’t worry!Do you guys think I should write a letter of interest? I interviewed mid-November and am really worried now to have not heard anything. I've read that letters of interest are meaningless, but I have nothing to update in an update letter.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Do decisions come out on fridays?
hopefully! I couldn't find any particular trends based on the past decision release dates.Do decisions come out on fridays?
Celiac4Lyfe
Full Member
Looking at this chart that someone made last cycle, it seems that they release decisions every two weeks on Fridays, +/- 2 days. 2020-2021 GeorgetownDo decisions come out on fridays?
The latest decisions for this cycle were released two weeks ago (Friday, Jan 21) for mid-Oct, end of Oct, and some beginning of November people. Waitlist decisions were then released the Monday after, on Jan 24. You can see this discussion on the previous page in this thread.
Based on this trend and the chart that was previously created, it seems that today and/or Monday of next week will be another round of releases. Since decisions were released for October people last round, I would assume that today/Monday will include decisions for mostly November people and the last of the October people.
I'm not saying this is 100% accurate by any means but it does seem to be a consistent trend! Hope that helps.
D
deleted1115486
Anyone hear anything? Hahaha