You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Georgetown
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I really hope not. They also haven't touched the WL movement at all yet. I guess we just have to keep waiting 🙁do you all think that the small group of people who heard back this weekend is it for this week's release?
ohhh i thought @laminar actually did hear back?The acceptance during the WE was a joke 😂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1115486
Yeah I don't think that was a joke. It's definitely possible haha I don't see why he would lie! I heard some acceptances went out by email todayohhh i thought @laminar actually did hear back?
I apologize for being dumb 😂 but what's WE? Also where did you hear that more As were being emailed today? Thanks!
coffeestainsrthenewblack_
Full Member
They called people on the weekend last year too!I
If you want …🤨 … Also WL is not acceptance yet 😔 …
Celiac4Lyfe
Full Member
One random weekend last year at the beginning of March some decisions were released so I guess it’s happened before 🤷🏼♀️No release of decisions during the WE ! It was a joke 🥴
2020-2021 Georgetown
OMG!!!! I finally got the A call too. Interviewed 11/10. Also not SMP LMAO...
We’ll see what happens today, fingers crossed! My anxiety is creepinnnnn up these days
One random weekend last year at the beginning of March some decisions were released so I guess it’s happened before 🤷🏼♀️
![]()
2020-2021 Georgetown
OMG!!!! I finally got the A call too. Interviewed 11/10. Also not SMP LMAO...forums.studentdoctor.net
We’ll see what happens today, fingers crossed! My anxiety is creepinnnnn up these days
🤞🏻🍀 Do not worry! Everything will be OK!
D
deleted1108356
Based off some of the last few release dates, the acceptance calls seem to come in around 6pm EST. There’s still a chance they’ll be calling some of us today since it’s only like 3:30pm EST
Praying it's off the waitlist !! This wl movement has been dead!Based off some of the last few release dates, the acceptance calls seem to come in around 6pm EST. There’s still a chance they’ll be calling some of us today since it’s only like 3:30pm EST
Celiac4Lyfe
Full Member
Haha yeah that’s totally fair! I honestly have no idea what the answer is on this, just reposting the info 😬I think the explanation is that this table was made by one of the applicants last year. It is based solely on messages posted by other applicants on the forum, not official sources. Some applicants have posted on the forum on Sunday, maybe it was interpreted that they got the acceptance on Sunday. But who works on a Sunday? Certainly not Adcoms lol
RelativeAnxiety
Full Member
Every time I get a phone call I think its Gtown.. lmao the suspense is killing me
coffeestainsrthenewblack_
Full Member
Congratulations! When did you interview?Guys, I also got the acceptance call last Sunday around 4pm. I was surprised too lol
Thank you! I interviewed Nov 15th. Hopefully you hear back soon!Congratulations! When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1108356
Congratulations!! When you say last Sunday as in February 13th or this past Sunday February 20th?Guys, I also got the acceptance call last Sunday around 4pm. I was surprised too lol
Thank you! It was Sunday Feb 20th.Congratulations!! When you say last Sunday as in February 13th or this past Sunday February 20th?
unclepeanutz
Full Member
What’s this grand Sunday conspiracy going on? Lol. Are y’all joking or serious
unclepeanutz
Full Member
These last couple posts have been sus for sure. Acceptances on Sundays and via e-mail? Fishyi will not lie i dont think theyve actually sent out decisions for mid-nov.
I don't think so, I think they give the interviewers their list of folks to call and they do it when they have some uninterrupted time, aka not while at work.These last couple posts have been sus for sure. Acceptances on Sundays and via e-mail? Fishy
unclepeanutz
Full Member
The interviewers do the phone call or someone on the admissions team?I don't think so, I think they give the interviewers their list of folks to call and they do it when they have some uninterrupted time, aka not while at work.
not sure, those who got calls can chime in 🙂The interviewers do the phone call or someone on the admissions team?
Hope you get a call too
unclepeanutz
Full Member
I’ve been in this game too long. Never heard of Sunday phone calls. Unless it’s just a georgetown thing
Wysdoc, can u hope I get a call too? 😂not sure, those who got calls can chime in 🙂
Hope you get a call too
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Shout out to wysdoc. Real one
medicineandrunning
Full Member
When I got my call a few months ago it was from somebody on the admissions team. There's no reason to not believe the folks who got a weekend call or an email though. Congrats to those who heard over the past few days!!
Hi everyone! I also got the A via phone this past Sunday around 2 pm. They left a voicemail and I called back right away. The admissions Dean told me that they were calling on Sunday due to Monday being a holiday and that I would receive my A email on Tuesday, which I did receive 🙂
I interviewed mid November and sent a LOI 3 weeks ago.
I interviewed mid November and sent a LOI 3 weeks ago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please, can you screen shot your email without your name?Hi everyone! I also got the A via phone this past Sunday around 2 pm. They left a voicemail and I called back right away. The admissions Dean told me that they were calling on Sunday due to Monday being a holiday and that I would receive my A email on Tuesday, which I did receive 🙂
I interviewed mid November and sent a LOI 3 weeks ago.
D
deleted1115486
Gosh I hope not – no A or WL and interviewed mid Nov :/ do WLs and Rs tend to come after As? It seems very variable when I look at the previous pagesi will not lie i dont think theyve actually sent out decisions for mid-nov.
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Ok this seems legit lol. CongratsHi everyone! I also got the A via phone this past Sunday around 2 pm. They left a voicemail and I called back right away. The admissions Dean told me that they were calling on Sunday due to Monday being a holiday and that I would receive my A email on Tuesday, which I did receive 🙂
I interviewed mid November and sent a LOI 3 weeks ago.
I still haven’t heard back and I interviewed on the 9th. Does this mean we wait for another 2 weeks?
Still waiting from interview November 11th.
This is kind of an over the top request for an anonymous forum such as ours, @KindPersonPlease, can you screen shot your email without your name?
Let's trust each other and as you can see from the last several posts, the recent offers are legit.
unclepeanutz
Full Member
So next friday? Or monday? Haha
hopeful12396
New Member
What did you say in your LOI? Did you outright say GUSOM was your top choice/you would go if accepted?Hi everyone! I also got the A via phone this past Sunday around 2 pm. They left a voicemail and I called back right away. The admissions Dean told me that they were calling on Sunday due to Monday being a holiday and that I would receive my A email on Tuesday, which I did receive 🙂
I interviewed mid November and sent a LOI 3 weeks ago.
unclepeanutz
Full Member
That’s what a LOI is basicallyWhat did you say in your LOI? Did you outright say GUSOM was your top choice/you would go if accepted?
I disagree that it’s over the top bc I’m not asking to break anonymity. Anonymity allows people to play with others’ feelings, so a Screenshot could actually legitimise their statements. There’s nothing illegitimate in asking for proof. Now if he doesn’t wanna send it for some reason, that’s his prerogative. I’ll let others make their own conclusions on if they wanna believe him. But whether he sends a screenshot or not, at the end of the day, I couldn’t care less.This is kind of an over the top request for an anonymous forum such as ours, @KindPerson
Let's trust each other and as you can see from the last several posts, the recent offers are legit.
I get that you are anxious and this is a stressful time, but asking someone to screenshot a personal communication regardless of whether they include their name is wildly inappropriate.I disagree that it’s over the top bc I’m not asking to break anonymity. Anonymity allows people to play with others’ feelings, so a Screenshot could actually legitimise their statements. There’s nothing illegitimate in asking for proof. Now if he doesn’t wanna send it for some reason, that’s his prerogative. I’ll let others make their own conclusions on if they wanna believe him. But whether he sends a screenshot or not, at the end of the day, I couldn’t care less.
If you have reason to earnestly believe that someone is trolling, then please report it to the moderator staff. Or you can choose to not believe them. But making baseless accusations that someone is lying about an acceptance doesn't help anyone.
We might have to wait another couple of weeks bc I saw in last year’s forum that some people interview around beginning of MarchSo next friday? Or monday? Haha
Thank you for sharing! Congratulations!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a real call 😂😂😂
Pretty much yeah. I spoke about how the mission plus some of their other programs can enhance my ability as a physician and also about what I bring to the table 🙂What did you say in your LOI? Did you outright say GUSOM was your top choice/you would go if accepted?
Did you send letter of intent?Interviewed late October and just received an invite to the waitlist! I'll definitely take it over a rejection lol. Does anyone know what the typical waitlist movement looks like for GT? Thanks!
supersleepy
Full Member
I really thought Georgetown would’ve started going through their WL this week based on previous years threads but I guess not…..
Honestly sameI really thought Georgetown would’ve started going through their WL this week based on previous years threads but I guess not…..