You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Georgetown
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
premedstudent8989
New Member
Did any one who applied to the Sarah Stewart Scholarship hear back yet?
unclepeanutz
Full Member
did FAFSA have to be filed by March 1 or processed by then?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think filled out by March 1? Shoot, I hope loldid FAFSA have to be filed by March 1 or processed by then?
Crap I guess I gotta do it today.... smh also any word on the next wave of As??I think filled out by March 1? Shoot, I hope lol
D
deleted1108356
If we’re going by the two week rule, then the next wave should be released this Friday (3/4) or next Monday (3/7)Crap I guess I gotta do it today.... smh also any word on the next wave of As??
Fingers crossed!!If we’re going by the two week rule, then the next wave should be released this Friday (3/4) or next Monday (3/7)
Ik this place isn't exactly Harvard or Yale level of prestige- but why do they keep falling in the rankings every year? Tbh bit of a red flag for me
Hopefully tomorrow, there will be news for both WLs and Regular Decisions? :OO
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Is today the day? 👀
u realize rankings are based off of research funding and not off of the merit of the school?Ik this place isn't exactly Harvard or Yale level of prestige- but why do they keep falling in the rankings every year? Tbh bit of a red flag for me
Last edited:
unclepeanutz
Full Member
No one gives a **** about those us news rankings. UCLA is like in the 20s this year but its reputation is top 5 prob
My point exactlyNo one gives a **** about those us news rankings. UCLA is like in the 20s this year but its reputation is top 5 prob
unclepeanutz
Full Member
What time do calls usually go out?
Did they ever call on Friday?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Not last week noDid they ever call on Friday
No one gives a **** about those us news rankings. UCLA is like in the 20s this year but its reputation is top 5 prob
Look I fully realize that this is a controversial and sensitive topic to discuss, but it needs to be had nonetheless. The fact is rankings DO matter, and Georgetown, while a good school, is ultimately a mid-tier institution. Clearly some people give a **** (and important people at that) if top residencies are consistently filled with students from top programs, and more often than not Gtown is not one of those top programs.u realize rankings are based off of research funding and not off of the merit of the school?
The reputation of its medical school is simply not on par with its undergrad institution and law school, and it has consistently fallen in the rankings every single year. If you don't want to pay attention to the rankings, that's good on you, but I'm not so much concerned with the actual ranking as the downward shift in its rankings. Two or three years ago it was at 45, now it's at 55.
It's one of the most expensive medical schools in the US, so I think these questions need to be asked if we're willing to commit that type of money to this institution. Might be an unpopular opinion but I think it's worth discussing.
medicineandrunning
Full Member
Look I fully realize that this is a controversial and sensitive topic to discuss, but it needs to be had nonetheless. The fact is rankings DO matter, and Georgetown, while a good school, is ultimately a mid-tier institution. Clearly some people give a **** (and important people at that) if top residencies are consistently filled with students from top programs, and more often than not Gtown is not one of those top programs.
The reputation of its medical school is simply not on par with its undergrad institution and law school, and it has consistently fallen in the rankings every single year. If you don't want to pay attention to the rankings, that's good on you, but I'm not so much concerned with the actual ranking as the downward shift in its rankings. Two or three years ago it was at 45, now it's at 55.
It's one of the most expensive medical schools in the US, so I think these questions need to be asked if we're willing to commit that type of money to this institution. Might be an unpopular opinion but I think it's worth discussing.
If you go on ResidencyExplorer you'll actually see that there are Georgetown grads at a ton of the top residency programs around the country. Rankings have utility but they should be taken with a grain of salt. I personally think that match list is a more important tool to compare medical schools and Georgetown's match list is very strong
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Oh youre good bro its not sensitive at all. The automated asterisks made me sound upset when i wasnt. Didnt even say a bad word idk why it was censored
I’m guessing no decisions are being sent out today…
D
deleted1108356
If you look at previous responses in this thread, people have typically received the phone calls at 5pm or 6pm EST. I assume this is because whoever is making the phone calls is finishing up their normal job responsibilities throughout the day and then make phone calls before they leave the office.I’m guessing no decisions are being sent out today…
misterblahblahblah
Full Member
also wondering when we hear back from Stewart scholarships
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Whats a stewart scholarshipalso wondering when we hear back from Stewart scholarships
misterblahblahblah
Full Member
GUSOM Stewart Scholarship Application was sent along with the acceptance email! not sure if everyone gets this or select people? kinda confusing
D
deleted1115486
It has been longer than 16 weeks for me now..looking at this thread, it seems like the WL’s and R’s tend to come out after the A’s?
Interviewed mid Nov
Interviewed mid Nov
I interviewed early November, so anything is possible!It has been longer than 16 weeks for me now..looking at this thread, it seems like the WL’s and R’s tend to come out after the A’s?
Interviewed mid Nov
PinkySquawks
Full Member
WL now. Interviewed early December
WL! I wonder what the post waitlist acceptance is.
coffeestainsrthenewblack_
Full Member
Also WL, interviewed 11/9!
jumpingyoshi
New Member
Interviewed 11/10 and have yet to hear back. I have sent 2 update/interest letters since then, the latest being three weeks ago. I know Gtown liked interest letters, but I feel like it would be overkill to send a third. any advice?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! To those that got accepted, is there a GroupMe that we are able to join? To everyone else, good luck!
Hopefully some phone calls tonight?Does anyone know how the waitlist works at Gtown? Do they take a lot off the list? Or when do they start waitlist movements?
PinkySquawks
Full Member
Yup!Via email?
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Hey guys my MSAR expired like a week ago. Can someone share the stats it says in the section about how many applicants land on the waitlist and how many applicants get acceptances off it? I’m not down to pay 40 bucks again just for that lol
Celiac4Lyfe
Full Member
Just checked and they don’t provide it unfortunately 🙁Hey guys my MSAR expired like a week ago. Can someone share the stats it says in the section about how many applicants land on the waitlist and how many applicants get acceptances off it? I’m not down to pay 40 bucks again just for that lol
“Waitlist Information
Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle
Not Available
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist
Not Provided
Waitlist procedures and information
Not Available”
+1 Waitlist gang
D
deleted1107637
when did you interview?+1 Waitlist gang
D
deleted1108356
JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!! Interviewed on 12/3!!!!!!
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Thanks friendJust checked and they don’t provide it unfortunately 🙁
“Waitlist Information
Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle
Not Available
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist
Not Provided
Waitlist procedures and information
Not Available”
Around early Novemberwhen did you interview?
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Sooo does anyone know how many get off the waitlist? And how many on the waitlist?
I'm still waiting for someone to enlighten us 😂😂Sooo does anyone know how many get off the waitlist? And how many on the waitlist?
jumpingyoshi
New Member
got the acceptance email about two hours ago. interviewed mid nov, sent update letters early jan and mid feb. good luck to everyone. it ain't over until it's over folks.
Last edited:
Celiac4Lyfe
Full Member
Oh nice! Was it an acceptance or waitlist email??got the email about two hours ago. interviewed 11/10, sent update letters early jan and mid feb. good luck to everyone. it ain't over until it's over folks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could go either way 😂😂Oh nice! Was it an acceptance or waitlist email??
RelativeAnxiety
Full Member
I am surprised there has been zero waitlist movement considering the past two years it began late February..
jumpingyoshi
New Member
oops it was an acceptance! i was too excited and forgot to mention the most important part 😅
ikr!?I am surprised there has been zero waitlist movement considering the past two years it began late February..