-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Hofstra (Zucker)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1054719
You can do it at late night when there is nobody else online to snipe your spotThanks for the advice! But if I let go of this spot it'll cancel my current interview date. Right? That's a risk and a half.
EfficientLychee
Full Member
I was just going to reply that I did it and I got an earlier spot on Feb 8th. Thank you so soo sooo much for the advice. Now I'm not as anxious lolYou can do it at late night when there is nobody else online to snipe your spot
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1054719
Fantastic! Best of luck next week - you got this!I was just going to reply that I did it and I got an earlier spot on Feb 8th. Thank you so soo sooo much for the advice. Now I'm not as anxious lol
EfficientLychee
Full Member
Thank you so much! I appreciate it. I'm happy I get to interview sooner. Congrats on your acceptance too! Hope to see you in the Class of 2025 😊Fantastic! Best of luck next week - you got this!
neuroticgrl
Full Member
Does anyone know if the interview is open file or blind or something in between? My interview is coming up soon and I'm starting to get anxious 😳
Open file
Does anyone know if the interview is open file or blind or something in between? My interview is coming up soon and I'm starting to get anxious 😳
lol I am on the 2nd tier waitlist. Not sure what this actually meansjust heard I’m on the “1st tier waitlist”
Are there actually multiple tiers or are they just being nice? Anyone else get this today?
just heard I’m on the “1st tier waitlist”
Are there actually multiple tiers or are they just being nice? Anyone else get this today?
Yikes are they not sending out any more straight A’s...? When did you interview 🥺lol I am on the 2nd tier waitlist. Not sure what this actually means
NovemberYikes are they not sending out any more straight A’s...? When did you interview 🥺
Late October lolYikes are they not sending out any more straight A’s...? When did you interview 🥺
2nd Tier WL. Interviewed 1st week of October.
2nd tier WL. Interviewed December.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First tier waitlist. What are my chances
In past threads WL movement comes from 1st tier mostly, I'm sorry to say. But there's always hope.2nd tier WL, interviewed mid-December. I'm super bummed, I thought my interview went well...
Anyone know what WL movement is like here? Not that I'm very hopeful ;(
CoolRanchDoritos
Full Member
I'm guessing they are done with direct acceptances?
1st tier WL, this is my 3rd WL and I have no As. 🙁
Are you me?? This is my third WL too with no A’s so I understand you completely. Sending good vibes your way1st tier WL, this is my 3rd WL and I have no As. 🙁
1st tier WL today
SameeeAre you me?? This is my third WL too with no A’s so I understand you completely. Sending good vibes your way
joshuamarcus
Full Member
2nd tier wl
anexhaustedpremed
Full Member
1st tier WL as well
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you MD or MD/PHD?Just received an email today that my application is still under review. Interviewed early January. Does this go out to everyone or does this mean that I wasn't among the first batch of A's they offered from my interview day?
Anyone know if the waitlist survey is (unofficially) required?
has anyone who interviewed in January heard back yet?
MedicalStudent888
Full Member
So do we think people interviewing in late feb are just interviewing for waitlist spots?
Im interviewing last week of feb and this is one of my top choices. Fingers crossed they save us late interviewees some acceptances but not feeling too hopeful. Would love any insight!
Im interviewing last week of feb and this is one of my top choices. Fingers crossed they save us late interviewees some acceptances but not feeling too hopeful. Would love any insight!
EfficientLychee
Full Member
I can't speak 100% on this but I don't think this is the case. Especially with the AAMC Choose Your School Tool opening up on February 19, applicants have to start narrowing down their choices which, in turn, will open up more spots as people rescind their A from schools they don't want to attend.So do we think people interviewing in late feb are just interviewing for waitlist spots?
Im interviewing last week of feb and this is one of my top choices. Fingers crossed they save us late interviewees some acceptances but not feeling too hopeful. Would love any insight!
The cycle ain't over until it's over. I believe there will be movement. Don't give up hope 😊
MedicalStudent888
Full Member
thank you! your insights give me the hope I need right now 🙂I can't speak 100% on this but I don't think this is the case. Especially with the AAMC Choose Your School Tool opening up on February 19, applicants have to start narrowing down their choices which, in turn, will open up more spots as people rescind their A from schools they don't want to attend.
The cycle ain't over until it's over. I believe there will be movement. Don't give up hope 😊
1st tier WL on friday
When did u interview?1st tier WL on friday
NovemberWhen did u interview?
D
deleted1060074
Does anybody know if Hofstra rejects anyone post-II? I was looking at past threads, and I couldn't find any. I just saw a lot of people getting waitlisted instead.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe someone on this thread reported an R alreadyDoes anybody know if Hofstra rejects anyone post-II? I was looking at past threads, and I couldn't find any. I just saw a lot of people getting waitlisted instead.
TheHopeful2025
New Member
Is it safe to assume a WL at this point for MD/PhD admissions?
Has anyone else heard back yet?
Has anyone else heard back yet?
wpneuro
Full Member
I got a "your application remains under review and will continue to be considered for a position in our next class between now and the end of March" email last week, the day everyone here was reporting WLs. I'm taking it as a sort-of defer? I haven't heard of any MD/PhD As reported yet though.Is it safe to assume a WL at this point for MD/PhD admissions?
Has anyone else heard back yet?
sweetpotater
Full Member
Same here. Sounds like something all the MD-PhD interviewees may have received.I got a "your application remains under review and will continue to be considered for a position in our next class between now and the end of March" email last week, the day everyone here was reporting WLs. I'm taking it as a sort-of defer? I haven't heard of any MD/PhD As reported yet though.
edit: nevermind, looks more random than anything.
Last edited:
mindstirfry
Full Member
I'm an MD applicant and also received the same emailSame here. Sounds like something all the MD-PhD interviewees may have received.