You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
braingeek0409
Full Member
It is super chillCongrats !! How was the interview, was it chill vibes. I got mine coming up and I'm dummy scared
Praying so hard I am one of those 190 II spots. I thankfully (after a long bumpy pre-med journey) am accepted somewhere, but some circumstances have changed with a recent severe illness in the family so being closer to home while studying for medical school would be more ideal and Howard would be the closest to this family member.190 II spots left. they said they are trying to interview 380 and they are only halfway
I hope we all hear positive news soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
readytodoc2021
Full Member
Secondary received: 1/4/2022
Reviewed email received today.
Randomly decided to apply at the last minute. That’s why it’s so late. 😭
Reviewed email received today.
Randomly decided to apply at the last minute. That’s why it’s so late. 😭
JustAnotherHopefulPremed
Full Member
So they interview people with lower stats later this semester? I have a 3.7 GPA and 500 MCAT (I know, terrible lol), but I really hope I'm one of the 380 interviews, I submitted my secondary in November!
also low mcat, and I submitted secondary in August. I'm also a re applicant. I hope they send us II soonSo they interview people with lower stats later this semester? I have a 3.7 GPA and 500 MCAT (I know, terrible lol), but I really hope I'm one of the 380 interviews, I submitted my secondary in November!
D
deleted1117496
same. I feel like giving up on this dream 🙁.also low mcat, and I submitted secondary in August. I'm also a re applicant. I hope they send us II soon
have you gotten any other II? I'm currently at none :/same. I feel like giving up on this dream 🙁.
PostiveVibesOnly
Full Member
Just sent an update! Wishing for the best. I hope we all hear some good news soon!
Awesome! Lots of formally international and first gen (parents were immigrants). Plenty of groups and advocates for you guysI'm international and I was accepted!
Yes, if you have something meaningful to update them with, utilize it! And make sure to end you're update with a reason why its relevant and why HowardDoes Howard accept pre II letters of interest? Submitted my secondary months ago 🙁 and crickets
don't give up. there's still time for Howard and a few other schools. And if you really want this, don't fret. a lot of people in medical schools across the US are reapplicantshave you gotten any other II? I'm currently at none :/
mediocrestudent97
Full Member
Don’t. Simply don’t. I took two gap years before applying. Have a low GPA and avg MCAT and have been successful. Just keep getting better and it will fall into place keep the faith.same. I feel like giving up on this dream 🙁.
This is my second app cycle so it’s pretty tough 🙁don't give up. there's still time for Howard and a few other schools. And if you really want this, don't fret. a lot of people in medical schools across the US are reapplicants
Has anyone been able to contact the admissions committee? I sent an email weeks ago and no received email and I’ve tried calling no answer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
novabby127
Full Member
Interview invite yesterday !! Submitted secondary mid October..
Bøto
Full Member
CONGRATS! When did you interview and did you feel real good about itI just got the email. I got the A!!!
Thank you!! 01/11. Yeah, i was pretty happy with my interview.CONGRATS! When did you interview and did you feel real good about it
Dang what a crazy turn around time! Congratulations future doctor!! 🩺🖤Thank you!! 01/11. Yeah, i was pretty happy with my interview.
FloridaMD2022
New Member
Stats pleaseInterview invite yesterday !! Submitted secondary mid October..
novabby127
Full Member
Not giving exact stats but 50X MCAT and 3.8X GPA! Do have lots of community service, minimal research, average clinical experience.Stats please
D
deleted1117496
Any new IIs?
I wish 🙁Any new IIs?
mediocrestudent97
Full Member
Nah. Give it some time**they'll let you know either wayAny of y’all know if Howard emails you if you were rejected or waitlisted after an interview? Had my interview 1/19 no response yet, and I’m thinking it’s just a ghost rejection, what y’all think?
Last edited:
Bøto
Full Member
You’re a good lad for easing my anxietyNah. Give it time some they'll let you know either way
mediocrestudent97
Full Member
All in the same boat! Best of luckYou’re a good lad for easing my anxiety
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
southernbellepremed
Full Member
II today! Three dates to choose from in February.
LoveJesus!
Full Member
any updates from anyone? been quiet here lately
same. sadly this is how it was last year until the R wave in April or May.I have still heard absolutely nothing after my secondary submission except that my application is currently under review lol
Anyone know how many interviews are left?
Bøto
Full Member
Thank you this wait gonna suckkkkk. When did you interviewIn my interview they said there will be another round of decisions going out this Friday
Today.Thank you this wait gonna suckkkkk. When did you interview
Bøto
Full Member
O shiiii good luck only the best for u 🤞🏽Today.
Has anyone with a sub 500 MCAT received an II here yet?
Congrats! When did you complete?II today! Three dates to choose from in February.
D
deleted1117496
They do. Send it to their email.Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know if Howard College of Medicine accepts update letters?
do they reply back? I haven't gotten a replyThey do. Send it to their email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1117496
I just got a reply that it was added to my file.do they reply back? I haven't gotten a reply
what day did you email? recently? i emailed on the first and no response.I just got a reply that it was added to my file.
D
deleted1117496
I don't recall the exact date but I received the receipt one week after my update letter was sentwhat day did you email? recently? i emailed on the first and no response.
D
deleted1117496
When was your secondary received?Just received a II