2021-2022 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that first friday made me sad lol they said 35-40 II invites leftšŸ’€

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Is the FB group for accepted students (ie prospective) or committed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, how were you able to find housing within that timespan? Plan out how your life would be like living somewhere else (if that was the case)? That is an extremely short period of time to mentally prepare yourself for medical school.
thatā€™s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to stress from med school. some just got an airbnb until an apartment was secured

this is the life we chose lol

Who else got the WL letter? šŸ˜­

Editing this to ask how long should I expect to wait for an updated decision? I feel so defeated because I thought I interview went fairly well :/
it couldā€™ve gone well. thereā€™s movement in may and June!

Is the FB group for accepted students (ie prospective) or committed?
accepted students, but like i said earlier, a lot of accepted students that actually matriculated werenā€™t even in that group

Just got an interview invite. Only 4 dates offered for end of March/ beginning of April

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Just got an interview invite. Only 4 dates offered for end of March/ beginning of April
Same going to the last first Fridays finally payed off for me! Iā€™m so excited this is my first choice program based on fit and location.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
i've been a lurker for a while but jw to say that I also got an interview at Howard today! really excited bc the mission fits well with what I want to do and i loved what i heard about the school's environment from the first friday sessions

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Was yesterday their last day to send interview invites?

Reactions: 1 user
Was yesterday their last day to send interview invites?
Based on what others were saying from First Friday and their last email, I would say yes. But you never know, they could extend interviews. I wouldnā€™t give up until you firmly hear a no from them.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
wish they would already send rejections to those of us still waiting for interview invite..

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
It is almost April and I still haven't heard back anything from this school. I guess we will find out next cycle...

Reactions: 2 users
Oh i miss understood, I know the week before they had spring break and last week was march week so hopefully now they can focus on us šŸ˜­

I think they will send them in April/May. They tend to send it at the end of the cycle.O
Oh Ok. On the website it states: March 15th = Interim Email is sent to students who have not been invited to Interview, so I was curious

Were you emailed from the same email address from the interview invite? I don't know why I haven't received anything.
pretty sure they just use one email, but it comes up as "howard U college of medicine"

Emailed them regarding app status and received the "your update is received and noted" email....great....

does anyone know if there is a first friday this week & has the link?
nope its only Aug to March. So I guess the cycle is basically over for howard it seems. Probably done with interviews or maybe one more batch.

I think it's also because the applicant pool increased by about 20% this cycle but the amount of seats are still the same, sadly.

If you got placed on the alternate list, can you guys update us when/if you get an A?

I think it's also because the applicant pool increased by about 20% this cycle but the amount of seats are still the same, sadly.
Itā€™s 130 seats this cycle I believe thatā€™s an increase of last cycle of 125

hey yā€™all! Just an update- interviewed 3/30 and just got placed on the alternate list. Any ideas as to how that process works?

hey yā€™all! Just an update- interviewed 3/30 and just got placed on the alternate list. Any ideas as to how that process works?
Got placed on alternate list as well but luckily have been accepted to another MD program. i kind of figured that would happen considering the late interview invite. Hoping movement starts to pick up after April 15th. Iā€™m super conflicted because if I commit to my current acceptance on May 2nd I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to switch back to Howard if they pull me off waitlist pass May :(.