You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
JustAnotherHopefulPremed
Full Member
Nothing about spots for waitlists or acceptances by people?that first friday made me sad lol they said 35-40 II invites left💀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
that’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to stress from med school. some just got an airbnb until an apartment was securedWow, how were you able to find housing within that timespan? Plan out how your life would be like living somewhere else (if that was the case)? That is an extremely short period of time to mentally prepare yourself for medical school.
this is the life we chose lol
it could’ve gone well. there’s movement in may and June!Who else got the WL letter? 😭
Editing this to ask how long should I expect to wait for an updated decision? I feel so defeated because I thought I interview went fairly well :/
accepted students, but like i said earlier, a lot of accepted students that actually matriculated weren’t even in that groupIs the FB group for accepted students (ie prospective) or committed?
keep the faithWL today. Interviewed 02/16
Just got an interview invite. Only 4 dates offered for end of March/ beginning of April
MedSchoolHopeful2026
Full Member
Same going to the last first Fridays finally payed off for me! I’m so excited this is my first choice program based on fit and location.Just got an interview invite. Only 4 dates offered for end of March/ beginning of April
Last edited:
😭😭 praying that im next to be blessed
chaiorbust
New Member
i've been a lurker for a while but jw to say that I also got an interview at Howard today! really excited bc the mission fits well with what I want to do and i loved what i heard about the school's environment from the first friday sessions
Based on what others were saying from First Friday and their last email, I would say yes. But you never know, they could extend interviews. I wouldn’t give up until you firmly hear a no from them.Was yesterday their last day to send interview invites?
Any waitlist movement?
wish they would already send rejections to those of us still waiting for interview invite..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same 🙁wish they would already send rejections to those of us still waiting for interview invite..
D
deleted1117496
Has anyone who interviewed this month heard back yet?
nope, have you?Has anyone who interviewed this month heard back yet?
D
deleted1117496
Nope. The suspense is killing me. I've been checking my email too much, lol.nope, have you?
lol, same my email and here! when did you interview?Nope. The suspense is killing me. I've been checking my email too much, lol.
D
deleted1117496
3/1/22lol, same my email and here! when did you interview?
sefixicillin
Full Member
It is almost April and I still haven't heard back anything from this school. I guess we will find out next cycle...
yeah same hereIt is almost April and I still haven't heard back anything from this school. I guess we will find out next cycle...
futuredoc345
Full Member
when did y’all interviewyeah same here
sorry if i misunderstood! i didn’t interview here. I just meant that I haven’t heard anything at all since I was complete in Augustwhen did y’all interview
futuredoc345
Full Member
Oh i miss understood, I know the week before they had spring break and last week was march week so hopefully now they can focus on us 😭
Has anyone received an R?
I think they will send them in April/May. They tend to send it at the end of the cycle.Has anyone received an R?
Oh Ok. On the website it states: March 15th = Interim Email is sent to students who have not been invited to Interview, so I was curiousI think they will send them in April/May. They tend to send it at the end of the cycle.O
I didn't get any email since submitting secondary so I don't think they sent that?Oh Ok. On the website it states: March 15th = Interim Email is sent to students who have not been invited to Interview, so I was curious
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too. The only email I got was about being under review, and the application complete emailI didn't get any email since submitting secondary so I don't think they sent that?
D
deleted1117496
Any WL notifications today?
Not on my end, did you get one?Any WL notifications today?
D
deleted1117496
Nope, haven't heard anythingNot on my end, did you get one?
futuredoc345
Full Member
They just released decisions for those who have been waiting to hear back btw.
Were you emailed from the same email address from the interview invite? I don't know why I haven't received anything.They just released decisions for those who have been waiting to hear back btw.
futuredoc345
Full Member
pretty sure they just use one email, but it comes up as "howard U college of medicine"Were you emailed from the same email address from the interview invite? I don't know why I haven't received anything.
sefixicillin
Full Member
Wait I still haven't got one. Should I email them?They just released decisions for those who have been waiting to hear back btw.
D
deleted1117496
They'll give you a generic response about a delay in processingWait I still haven't got one. Should I email them?
For those who already interviewed or for everyone?They just released decisions for those who have been waiting to hear back btw.
sefixicillin
Full Member
Emailed them regarding app status and received the "your update is received and noted" email....great....
futuredoc345
Full Member
it’s weird because it seems like some people who interviews heard back and some didn’t. but around this time last year is when they sent pre-II rejectionsFor those who already interviewed or for everyone?
futuredoc345
Full Member
does anyone know if there is a first friday this week & has the link?
nope its only Aug to March. So I guess the cycle is basically over for howard it seems. Probably done with interviews or maybe one more batch.does anyone know if there is a first friday this week & has the link?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
creativeeemd
New Member
I think it's also because the applicant pool increased by about 20% this cycle but the amount of seats are still the same, sadly.
D
deleted1117496
If you got placed on the alternate list, can you guys update us when/if you get an A?
It’s 130 seats this cycle I believe that’s an increase of last cycle of 125I think it's also because the applicant pool increased by about 20% this cycle but the amount of seats are still the same, sadly.
futuredoclh
Full Member
hey y’all! Just an update- interviewed 3/30 and just got placed on the alternate list. Any ideas as to how that process works?
MedSchoolHopeful2026
Full Member
Got placed on alternate list as well but luckily have been accepted to another MD program. i kind of figured that would happen considering the late interview invite. Hoping movement starts to pick up after April 15th. I’m super conflicted because if I commit to my current acceptance on May 2nd I don’t think I’ll be able to switch back to Howard if they pull me off waitlist pass May 🙁.hey y’all! Just an update- interviewed 3/30 and just got placed on the alternate list. Any ideas as to how that process works?