2021-2022 Illinois

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Got the A as well!!! My dream school for years. Was on delayed decision from 10/15. Good luck to everyone still in the grind, I hope you all get good news soon!
Did you just get the email? Just checking if they are still trickling in.

And congrats on the A!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DD. I’ll keep you posted on the ketchup if I hear anything.
Hopefully at their next meeting you'll get the A!

I'm confused about mine, because I have not heard anything back at all. Guessing it means the same, but not sure why I haven't received anything at all.
 
Has anyone else had radio silence today? I got the DD email around 7:30 eastern last month, but nothing today.
I was DD in October and got accepted earlier today. I sent in an update between then and now, so that may have influenced my decision, but you never really know.
 
Just a friendly reminder from a current UICOM student to update the school if you have significant changes or are holding other acceptances (but would rather attend UIC)! I sent a love letter to UICOM after getting an OOS acceptance and two weeks later there was an II in my email. It worked for me so just figured I would pass along the suggestion 🙂
 
Just a friendly reminder from a current UICOM student to update the school if you have significant changes or are holding other acceptances (but would rather attend UIC)! I sent a love letter to UICOM after getting an OOS acceptance and two weeks later there was an II in my email. It worked for me so just figured I would pass along the suggestion 🙂
I was wondering if this also works for cocurricular programs in any way? I applied through IMED and unfortunately got waitlisted there (which I'm seeing as an R given the size of the program), which is a huge bummer as this was one of the major reason for attending UIC for me.

As far as I understand the cocurricular programs used to be open after matriculation, but now they're part of the secondary so after like Dec 15 you cannot even apply to any other one :thinking:
 
Hopefully at their next meeting you'll get the A!

I'm confused about mine, because I have not heard anything back at all. Guessing it means the same, but not sure why I haven't received anything at all.
Hmm that’s confusing yeah. Might be worth it to check in with them?

Wishing you luck!
 
Anyone interview near the end of last week (12/8-12/10) and not hear anything? I got no decision but the deans at my interview day said we would get a decision from this month's meeting.
 
Anyone interview near the end of last week (12/8-12/10) and not hear anything? I got no decision but the deans at my interview day said we would get a decision from this month's meeting.
That's pretty typical for them. Not all people get the decision at the earliest meeting despite their good plan to do so.
 
Dang they got my anxiety up for nothing 😢, welp see yall next month then!
It may be Monday actually 😉 As the previous history of this thread showed they seem to send things to some people just after the weekend🤞
 
I interviewed in October and got DD in November. So deferred applicants get an email if they are deferred again, or no email?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopefully at their next meeting you'll get the A!

I'm confused about mine, because I have not heard anything back at all. Guessing it means the same, but not sure why I haven't received anything at all.
I also interviewed on 11/30 and didn't hear anything this past Friday or Monday. Not sure why especially since this interview was in November... does it just mean delayed decision?
 
Just a friendly reminder from a current UICOM student to update the school if you have significant changes or are holding other acceptances (but would rather attend UIC)! I sent a love letter to UICOM after getting an OOS acceptance and two weeks later there was an II in my email. It worked for me so just figured I would pass along the suggestion 🙂
would this work if you don't have significant changes but you are holding another acceptance? I currently have an OOS acceptance but would love to come here instead, but I don't know how to word the letter without including any significant updates.
 
I was wondering if this also works for cocurricular programs in any way? I applied through IMED and unfortunately got waitlisted there (which I'm seeing as an R given the size of the program), which is a huge bummer as this was one of the major reason for attending UIC for me.

As far as I understand the cocurricular programs used to be open after matriculation, but now they're part of the secondary so after like Dec 15 you cannot even apply to any other one :thinking:
Sorry, I am not sure what like the cocurricular program waitlists are like so I can't be of much help here 🙁. I don't see why it would hurt though!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
would this work if you don't have significant changes but you are holding another acceptance? I currently have an OOS acceptance but would love to come here instead, but I don't know how to word the letter without including any significant updates.
I think it could be worth a shot to send a love letter rather than an update letter. However, you need to be very explicit about your personal mission and why serving the people of Illinois is a part of that mission (and why you can't achieve this mission by going to an OOS school)!
 
I think it could be worth a shot to send a love letter rather than an update letter. However, you need to be very explicit about your personal mission and why serving the people of Illinois is a part of that mission (and why you can't achieve this mission by going to an OOS school)!
@Collbunny123
I agree with this considering their website encourages applicants to submit update or continued interest 6 weeks after application is complete. I did this and got interview a few weeks later. I was also very explicit on my commitment/connection to Illinois and interest in serving Illinois.