2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! So I applied to the Elmira campus but apparently, there is no group for that campus. Or at least I couldn't find it on here. After we interview, they send us an email with info regarding the info session and also a sign up to have an in person on-campus visit. Does anyone know if we are required to visit campus? I kinda don't want to because it's a 6 hour drive from me...
There's no compulsion to visit -- especially during Covid times. They will understand if you decide not to visit.
Of course, if this is the only II you received - then visiting in-person helps demonstrate your interest in the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what the best way to send an update/update letter is

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I got an interview invite for LECOM Elmira, but there was no mention of a date for the informational session in the email. Does anyone know if they will send a follow up email with more information?

Hi! I got an interview invite for LECOM Elmira, but there was no mention of a date for the informational session in the email. Does anyone know if they will send a follow up email with more information?
they usually do email again after a few days, but you can go to your student portal and sign up for an interview date instead of waiting for that second email

Can we take breaks during the 5 question interview or does it automatically go to the next question?

Can we take breaks during the 5 question interview or does it automatically go to the next question?
You get 2 minutes to read the question before the countdown for answering. After you answer, have to click next after each question. So technically, you could take a bit of a break, but I'm not sure if it would automatically go on to the next question.

Did anyone's folders not yet populate, interviewed on the 20th

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! How do you apply for early decision? My informational session is 9/17.

Hi, you will be sent a form that in which you can indicate that you want to apply early decision. Don't do it until after your information session though.

Hi, you will be sent a form that in which you can indicate that you want to apply early decision. Don't do it until after your information session though.
Thank you! I haven’t been sent any form yet. Do you think I’ll get it sooner to my session?

Members don't see this ad :)
You are the last date eligible for early decision! The week of your interview you'll get an email with a schedule for the day, a to do list, zoom link, and the pathway form where you can choose if you want to do early decision or not!

Has anyone found out a decision yet that already interviewed?

Submitted 8/15.

where ii? :( lol

You are the last date eligible for early decision! The week of your interview you'll get an email with a schedule for the day, a to do list, zoom link, and the pathway form where you can choose if you want to do early decision or not!
Thank you so much for the info!!

Has anyone found out a decision yet that already interviewed?
Haven't heard anything yet. Info session 8/27. I'd imagine that they've either started to make decisions or will within a week and guess another week for mail to be received for early decision

Haven't heard anything yet. Info session 8/27. I'd imagine that they've either started to make decisions or will within a week and guess another week for mail to be received for early decision
Hoping next week we will start to get stuff in the mail. Wishing for all good things! 🤞🏻

Hoping next week we will start to get stuff in the mail. Wishing for all good things! 🤞🏻
Sorry, I might be late to the party but they are sending decisions over snail mail??

Hey! Did anyone send a thank you letter after their interview? If so, who did you send it to?

Hey! Did anyone send a thank you letter after their interview? If so, who did you send it to?
I sent it to Lisa Kalivoda- the one who sent the email reminders about the info session. But I addressed it to the people who were in the info session.

I sent it to Lisa Kalivoda- the one who sent the email reminders about the info session. But I addressed it to the people who were in the info session.
Thanks! And did you send it after the info session?

Lol, thank you for the reminder to send one!

Quick question! I recently had my post interview info session and they were saying that we need to email them our pathqay selection form by Sunday.

Did they specify how they want us to email that to them? Do we need a specific subject line and do we need to name the pdf document anything specific?

Thanks for your help!

Quick question! I recently had my post interview info session and they were saying that we need to email them our pathqay selection form by Sunday.

Did they specify how they want us to email that to them? Do we need a specific subject line and do we need to name the pdf document anything specific?

Thanks for your help!

I just did "(Full Name) Pathway Form" in the subject line and emailed them a few days later to confirm they received everything

I am a re-applicant who was WL at Erie and sadly did not get accepted last cycle. This cycle my sec was processed in 6/21 but I no news since then...applying from PA so IS. Anybody in the same situation? Or should I consider send an update?

I just did "(Full Name) Pathway Form" in the subject line and emailed them a few days later to confirm they received everything
How you get Pathway Form after the Info session. Do they email you something or its on your Portal. And if they email then how long one has to wait for that email ?

How you get Pathway Form after the Info session. Do they email you something or its on your Portal. And if they email then how long one has to wait for that email ?

its in the same email as the info session email

Any July submitters still "under review"? At one point is it appropro to call admissions after radio silence, 2 months?

Any July submitters still "under review"? At one point is it appropro to call admissions after radio silence, 2 months?
Unfortunately, there were people who remained “under review” all cycle last year. I would call and politely ask if everything is complete on your part!

I have been under review since 6/22 and still no news. and I am a re-applicant who was interviewed and waitlisted at Erie last year *sad face

To those who got an II, do you have DO shadowing experience? JW

It's been 3 weeks for me, and I hope to hear some news soon. :)

I got an II from Bradenton and I have DO shadowing and a letter. Hope you hear something soon!

• Care

I personally don't have any DO experience due to COVID. But I have prior MD experience with a letter and behavioral health experience.

• Care

Also no DO experience, though I have shadowed MD and have clinical experience in a hospital. Best of luck to you!

• Care
Still nothing post interview :/

Reactions: 2 users
I imagine they'll send out the decisions on the 30th to be honest.

• Okay...
I imagine they'll send out the decisions on the 30th to be honest.
Based on last year's thread the soonest was around 9/14 if I remember correctly. An update to their portals was made saying that a decision was made and they had to wait for snail mail after that for the result. If it follows the same trend I would hope that begins next week

Reactions: 2 users
Based on last year's thread the soonest was around 9/14 if I remember correctly. An update to their portals was made saying that a decision was made and they had to wait for snail mail after that for the result. If it follows the same trend I would hope that begins next week
Pretty sure I saw on last years thread people getting acceptances September 1st

Pretty sure I saw on last years thread people getting acceptances September 1st
You are right! That’s my mistake. Just checked the forum, 7/31 interviews did receive decisions by the end of august/early September. Just noticed that the 9/14 date was for around my 8/27 interview date. Thank you for the correction!

• Sad
You are right! That’s my mistake. Just checked the forum, 7/31 interviews did receive decisions by the end of august/early September. Just noticed that the 9/14 date was for around my 8/27 interview date. Thank you for the correction!
My interview was 7/31 I feel like I'm going to go crazy waiting for this decision. 😭 Doesn't help that my mail on informed delivery isn't all being delivered to the house!😭😭😭

i wonder why decisions are coming out so much later this year compared to last year, especially considering how so many schools last year were dealing with covid and working around that

My interview was 7/31 I feel like I'm going to go crazy waiting for this decision. 😭 Doesn't help that my mail on informed delivery isn't all being delivered to the house!😭😭😭
I haven't even gotten mail this week

• Wow