2021-2022 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone! I’m super excited to have gotten acceptance last Thursday! I was wondering is there a group chat for accepted students?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey all! a couple of us met today to practice for the Nov 19th interview date and it was super helpful! We are going to do it again next Wed at 8PM EST so let me know if yall are interested!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! a couple of us met today to practice for the Nov 19th interview date and it was super helpful! We are going to do it again next Wed at 8PM EST so let me know if yall are interested!

Please let me know the details as well. Thank you!

Reactions: 2 users
Husband got an II today! So pumped! Complete 10/20.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Is a dog barking in the background unprofessional?

Reactions: 1 user
Is a dog barking in the background unprofessional?
This happened in one of my interviews. I think they are very understanding, as they are with technical issues. For the rest I made sure all my blinds were closed so my pups at least wouldn’t see anything out the windows. If it’s possible try to have someone walk your dog during? They give you a 30 min time frame of your actual interview time a few days beforehand

Got the A a few weeks back and just found this page! Is there an accepted student page on Facebook or GroupMe or anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
If accepted do you get to choose which campus you’d like to attend?

for accepted students, how do we confirm Knoxville or Harrogate campus? is there a selection when we make the deposit or is there a separate form?

for accepted students, how do we confirm Knoxville or Harrogate campus? is there a selection when we make the deposit or is there a separate form?
You get a forum once you pay your deposit

Okay that’s good to know! There’s not a chance that one campus would fill up before you get to choose etc?
I have no idea! I was worried about that too so I went ahead & paid my deposit while I wait to hear from other schools. My deadline was Dec 15th so that’s coming up. As soon as I submitted the form though they said I was accepted for Knox

I have no idea! I was worried about that too so I went ahead & paid my deposit while I wait to hear from other schools. My deadline was Dec 15th so that’s coming up. As soon as I submitted the form though they said I was accepted for Knox
Gotcha! Congratulations to you btw!

Any other 11/5 interviewees getting real nervous? 🙈 this is the week!

Does anyone else feel that Knoxville seems to be much more popular than Harrogate....

Does anyone else feel that Knoxville seems to be much more popular than Harrogate....
I’d choose harrogate but my husband has a better chance at finding a job in Knoxville so that’s why for me.

idk how it makes me feel but there were only 14 people on accepted students day today

What’s this?
There’s a meet and greet that was today but it’s during work hours on a Monday so 14 people sounds about right. Unfortunately the other meet and greet alongside the accepted student day in December also have this problem.

Any Nov 19 interviewees receive an email with more info yet?

interviewed on Nov 5th, got the A today! best of luck to everyone

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
For people who have already interviewed: How was the 30 minute group style interview? I feel like that's such as short time for so many people! Was it stressful?

Not at all!! Just be mindful of how long your responses are. I listened to the other interviewees and reacted to what they said to be engaging (with my face not words) 😂

• Care
I think the popularity is associated with it being closer to a big city. Big city has more options for stores, but also more options for distractions.
I’d choose harrogate but my husband has a better chance at finding a job in Knoxville so that’s why for me.
This is also another reason, many people with families need to have a place for their spouse to work
idk how it makes me feel but there were only 14 people on accepted students day today
Yea, unfortunately I was at work and could not miss work to attend it. I plan to go to the virtual event on December 1 as I have more time to prepare for it.
For people who have already interviewed: How was the 30 minute group style interview? I feel like that's such as short time for so many people! Was it stressful?
I interviewed super early, I thought it wasn't stressful. Some tip I read on some random blog was to post a sticky note up behind or just above the webcam. On the note, they suggest putting some positive/uplifting sayings on it so that: 1) You'd be drawn to look at the webcam and not the computer screen (helps maintain virtual eye contact) and 2) keep you motivated. During my interview, one participant's internet went out, but the interviewers were extremely friendly when she connected back and we kept it moving right along. They truly just want to make sure you're the right fit for their school. They never asked any questions about our academic record.

Honestly, I feel like my interview was like when you're making new friends; essentially finding out what each other likes to do and what motivates them to do x, y, z. You can find the X, Y, Z type questions asked on the interview feedback section of the site. I highly suggest you click the link below and familiarize yourself with the commonly repeated questions in the list. It won't lead you in the wrong direction. Aside, from that, know yourself. I know that may be clear as mud but it will make sense when you interview.

• Love
I think the popularity is associated with it being closer to a big city. Big city has more options for stores, but also more options for distractions.

This is also another reason, many people with families need to have a place for their spouse to work

Yea, unfortunately I was at work and could not miss work to attend it. I plan to go to the virtual event on December 1 as I have more time to prepare for it.

I interviewed super early, I thought it wasn't stressful. Some tip I read on some random blog was to post a sticky note up behind or just above the webcam. On the note, they suggest putting some positive/uplifting sayings on it so that: 1) You'd be drawn to look at the webcam and not the computer screen (helps maintain virtual eye contact) and 2) keep you motivated. During my interview, one participant's internet went out, but the interviewers were extremely friendly when she connected back and we kept it moving right along. They truly just want to make sure you're the right fit for their school. They never asked any questions about our academic record.

Honestly, I feel like my interview was like when you're making new friends; essentially finding out what each other likes to do and what motivates them to do x, y, z. You can find the X, Y, Z type questions asked on the interview feedback section of the site. I highly suggest you click the link below and familiarize yourself with the commonly repeated questions in the list. It won't lead you in the wrong direction. Aside, from that, know yourself. I know that may be clear as mud but it will make sense when you interview.

Great advice!!!

I second this.

Complete on 7/27. Still haven't heard back from them. Should I email or call them to inquire regarding my application status?

Interviewed on 11/19! I know it's probably too early, but I'm just excited to hear back! How many days did it take ya'll to get the call after the interview?

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed on 11/19! I know it's probably too early, but I'm just excited to hear back! How many days did it take ya'll to get the call after the interview?
I was there as well. I think Ms Harris said within 2 weeks is the average. Expect a call if accepted or email otherwise. It would be awesome if they notify us before thanksgiving. What did you think about the interview if I may ask? I was really nervous. It was my first. Feel it went well overall but I could have definitely expressed myself better. I think 30min wasn't long enough.